More items being sold

rainny

Proud Member
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Items from the Michael Jackson's stage wardrobe, including one of the King of Pop's famous gloves, attracted furious bidding at an auction of celebrity memorabilia in Beverly Hills.

Julien's Auctions says a lone glove worn by Jackson during the "Bad" tour in the late 1980s sold for $330,000 at the "Icons & Idols" auction Saturday night. A jacket signed by Jackson brought in $96,000 and a fedora he wore on stage went for $72,000 at the Julien's Auctions event.

Other highlights from the auction were an x-ray of Albert Einstein's brain, which brought $38,750, and a pair of Marilyn Monroe's empty prescription bottles sold for $18,750.

A military-style jacket worn by John Lennon for a 1966 Life
Magazine photo shoot sold for $240,000.

Julien's Auctions says the two-day event brought in more than $3 million.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/...ackson-glove-brings-330000.html#ixzz17J6FG9z4

This obsession with celebrity memorabilia... To actually pay fortunes for it and then, inevitably, boast about that. To think of the countries that are impoverished or war-torn and that these ridiculous sums of money could be more than well-spent on such. Smh.

If I had soo much money I didn't knew what to do with them - I'd buy everything MJ related I could get.

"Julien's Auctions says a lone glove worn by Jackson during the "Bad" tour in the late 1980s sold for $330,000 at the "Icons & Idols" auction Saturday night." 0_0

330,000 dollars for one glove. The auction's title is disturbing as well, but won't get into it....

......and a pair of Marilyn Monroe's empty prescription bottles sold for $18,750.

:puke: Ewwwwwwww.........I'd like to slap some sense to the person who brought that!!!!

Does the estate profit from this at all? I don't like his belongings being sold.W

doubt it. isnt all this stuff being sold by other ppl who owned it. the estate is selling things off

All of Michael's precious stuff needs to be with his beautiful children, or displayed at Neverland or an exclusive museum dedicated to the King for all people of the world to admire, and not be allowed to be scattered away around the world like this to be hung in a few filthy rich people's living room! Why isn't the Estate doing anything about this for God's sake! This is hurting me like fire!

Joe and Leonard Rowe are still in Brazil to disclose the book "What Really Happened to Michael Jackson" and today I read in a Brazilian site that Rosimiro Amancio - which is a Brazilian businessmen responsible for divulgation the book here in Brazil. He said: "I received a call from La Toya Jackson, Michael's sister, informing me that on Saturday, December 4, was promoted to an auction in Los Angeles where he sold various items of personal use of Michael and his family was not invited not notified about the event."

:fear:

Who is 'he' selling various items?
other ppl who were either gifted these items by Michael, or stole them when he passed. Few months ago his iphone case was being auctioned off by Rebbie, among other things.

This obsession with celebrity memorabilia... To actually pay fortunes for it and then, inevitably, boast about that. To think of the countries that are impoverished or war-torn and that these ridiculous sums of money could be more than well-spent on such. Smh.

I agree, it's kind of creepy some of the things people buy and spend a fortune on. I don't understand it at all.

Few months ago his iphone case was being auctioned off by Rebbie, among other things.

I remember that, and Oxman was blaming the estate.

I wonder who got the outfit from the Victory tour. I agree that those

things should be in a museum.

I agree, it's kind of creepy some of the things people buy and spend a fortune on. I don't understand it at all.

Your attitude reminds me of Alexander Knox's perplexity over Bruce Wayne's lavish and eccentric decor in Batman (1989):

bf3c2319.jpg

Alexander Knox: The rich. You know why they're so odd? Because they can afford to be.

Back