Moonwalker Sega Video Game...

Franniiv3

Proud Member
Is anybody else playing theirs... I forgot how much fun this game was!

michaeljackson490247619.jpg

I used to have it with some others and a console as a child but I think we sold it when I stopped liking video games.

Anyways I recently got it again and bought a cheap Sega Master System

I've been on it all day it is so fun and you can get good really quickly! I love it.

It is so fun, Michael saving the world and combating evil without the use of violence, such a great role model of how conflicts should be ammended.

We must never forget that.

Lv x

Great game! Make sure you try both the genesis version, as well as the arcade one. They're different in terms of graphics and gameplay. Also, if you have a PS2 (Or a Japanese Dreamcast...) try out Space Channel 5 Part 2. It stars MJ! (The original only had a cameo.)

Edit: You can download both of the Moonwalker games on the internet. It isn't possible to buy either of them NEW so that's really the only way you're gonna get to try them. I think MJ would be cool with that. =]

Last edited:
What is tha arcade version on? My box for the Master System game says arcad ein the corner...

Or is Arcade referring to the ones available to play on ar Arcades?

The Mega drive & Master system and Sega genesis editions are both the same aren't they?

Oh cool, I didn't know they were available to pay on the PC too, that's great=)

Lv x

I used to have it at home
I became his fan around the time.....

Is it true that a new video game about MJ is gonna be released by Christams season?

What is tha arcade version on? My box for the Master System game says arcad ein the corner...

Or is Arcade referring to the ones available to play on ar Arcades?

The Mega drive & Master system and Sega genesis editions are both the same aren't they?

Oh cool, I didn't know they were available to pay on the PC too, that's great=)

Lv x

The Master System and Genesis ones are similar I believe, obviously the Genesis one is a bit more enhanced. Using the M.A.M.E. emulator (derived from a project to preserve old arcade games so future generations can enjoy them when the machines become impossible to find), you can play the Arcade version of Moonwalker. If any of y'all are interested I can work together a tutorial and host some files. If you have a Megadrive/Genesis and want a solid piece of MJ memorabilia, definitely try and buy a copy on ebay though! Or Master System, I know that was a million times more popular in Europe than America.

As far as a new game goes? I'm not sure what you're referencing. At one point it was rumored they were to begin on a new Space Channel 5 that would feature MJ, though I don't think anything ever came of that, and if it did now it can't star Michael :(

Yeah, space channel 5 part 2.
It is better on dreamcast 'cause that what it was made for but that version (only japanese) is very hard to find (I have it though!).
Michael's real voice appears in sc5 1 and 2.

Michael composed the music for sonic the hedgehog 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4

Michael was a hidden caracter in ready to rumble round 2 (dreamcast/ps2)
http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/r2r2/r2r2_4.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/r2r2/r2r2_2_640w.jpg

The Master System and Genesis ones are similar I believe, obviously the Genesis one is a bit more enhanced. Using the M.A.M.E. emulator (derived from a project to preserve old arcade games so future generations can enjoy them when the machines become impossible to find), you can play the Arcade version of Moonwalker. If any of y'all are interested I can work together a tutorial and host some files. If you have a Megadrive/Genesis and want a solid piece of MJ memorabilia, definitely try and buy a copy on ebay though! Or Master System, I know that was a million times more popular in Europe than America.

As far as a new game goes? I'm not sure what you're referencing. At one point it was rumored they were to begin on a new Space Channel 5 that would feature MJ, though I don't think anything ever came of that, and if it did now it can't star Michael :(

Thank You for the information... I think if they ever remake it they should have it in the same style as the now vintage 1989/90 version as released as it'd be such a nice sort of nostalgic game.

I like the way it was, simple and fun with a good subtle message and moral.

Lv x

Sega already made a statement about re-releasing moonwalker for Wii Virtual Console... it`s quite complicated and we shouldn`t get our hopes up.

Btw...i bought the moonwalker game for Genesis/MegaDrive last month... creepy.

There are 4 versions: 1 for master system, 2 for genesis (one features 'Thriller' in the graveyard, one does not) and the Arcade game :)

Sega already made a statement about re-releasing moonwalker for Wii Virtual Console... it`s quite complicated and we shouldn`t get our hopes up.

Btw...i bought the moonwalker game for Genesis/MegaDrive last month... creepy.

There are 4 versions: 1 for master system, 2 for genesis (one features 'Thriller' in the graveyard, one does not) and the Arcade game :)

wait what. so they're gonna do it?! that would be amazingly good :)

Edit: You can download both of the Moonwalker games on the internet. It isn't possible to buy either of them NEW so that's really the only way you're gonna get to try them. I think MJ would be cool with that. =]

Do you know where? Would be greatly appreciated :p

are you sure there are 2 genises games, all the copies i played didn't have thriller but they did the thriller dance on the graveyard i always thought it was weird they played another part of me when the level was obviously for thriller.

i was just playing moonwalker on my laptop last week and remembering how much i use to love that game.

does anybody have a ROM for the one with thriller on it or the arcade game??

are you sure there are 2 genises games, all the copies i played didn't have thriller but they did the thriller dance on the graveyard i always thought it was weird they played another part of me when the level was obviously for thriller.

i was just playing moonwalker on my laptop last week and remembering how much i use to love that game.

does anybody have a ROM for the one with thriller on it or the arcade game??

One was for Sega genesis and the other for Sega Megadrive=)

Yeah I always thought it was odd Another part of me was played... they may as well have put We are here to change the world on it;) ha.

Thank You for the link I may try to download it later... I hope it's the one, i'd like to play it on my laptop it's fun=)

Lv x

I've played mine a bunch of times, havent played it recently though. The best game ever made!

What system do I get for the arcade version? I have the regular version for sega genisis.

I think we can download it on the internet somewhere as the Arcade game was only available for play in arcades it seems.

The box of my Master System edition says arcade in the corner but it is not the arcade version... I think it was Sega's way of catergorising them back then.

No idea sorry... I have never played the arcade game, i've only found how it differs on website discriptions whilst googleing.

Perhaps searhcing for Moonwalker Arcade Download?

Wow I was going to write up a tutorial and everything for y'all, but the link above is perfect for the Arcade version. There's a download link at the end of it. Some of you are asking which console the arcade one is on. It isn't on a console, it was an actual arcade machine. I've got the Moonwalker Genesis and SMS ROMs here somewhere. Keep in mind it's more fun, and more legal, to play the actual cartridges. If you PM me with an email address and can't find the ROMs yourselves, I'll try and send em to you in the next day or so. Maybe even tonight if I get some overwhelming response haha.

i just played and finished the arcade game for the first time its not bad but the genises one is way better in my opinion.

i found them all on ROM nation just search for moonwalker and they will all come up,,, remember you need an emulater to play them, they can also be found on that site.

i just played and finished the arcade game for the first time its not bad but the genises one is way better in my opinion.

i found them all on ROM nation just search for moonwalker and they will all come up,,, remember you need an emulater to play them, they can also be found on that site.

Yeah, many people agree the Genesis version is better. I'm a dork so I enjoy the superior arcade graphics, but yeah they're all fun.

I completely forgot about Ready to Rumble! I used to play Michael's character ALL the time. Wow flashback much.

My friend doesn't even like M.J, but I had her taking turns with me for 3 hours playing the game. Turns out she loves it :) I have the Sega Genesis version. I'm video game stupid, so when you talk about arcade versions and that, I'm lost.

Last edited:
I've got Moonwalker on an emulator :)

I've heard rumours that SEGA are brining it to the iPhone! :)

Just to clear up some things I saw in this thread:

There are 6 versions of the game Moonwalker for different systems -
Sega Master System,
Sega Genesis/Megadrive,
MAME arcade machine,
ZX Spectrum,
Commodore 64
Atari ST.

The master system and genesis versions are basically the same gameplay, just some level changes differ. There are not 2 versions out there for the gensis/megadrive! The whole Thriller on the graveyard thing goes back to a revised version of the cartridge, which included Thriller ONLY when you do the danceattack - the rest of the level is still Another Part Of Me playing..

The Spectrum, Atari and Commodore all share the same gameplay - top view like in the first Grand Theft Auto for the PSX (Playstation) and the goal is to collect Mike's bunny suit from the Speed Demon part of Moonwalker...

The arcade version is probably the best looking graphic wise of them all, short game thou..

OMG! I used to have this game back in 1995 when I was 3 years old. I enjoyed playing it so much, along with other Sega games. Unfortunately I got rid of all my games a few years later for the Sega and the Sega console so now I don't have it anymore, I really wish I hadn't.

If you want to play the moonwalker arcade rom. i suggest you may get the MAME emulator, which is the best for roms.

I used to spend many nights on the Commodore 64 version playing the game, quite annoying. Still have the master system and mega drive games somewhere in my parents house. Still to this day I enjoy playing the moonwalker games.

Last edited:
Back