Moonwalker HD...

Remington Steele

Proud Member
In some cinemas, additionally to TII the movie was also shown. Unfortunately, the cinema in my city didn't show it, but I regret I didn't take the 4 hour travel by train to go see it.

Anyway, I asked at a cinema that showed it and they said it was a real HD (!!) source.

I wonder:
1.) was the image cropped so it was 16:9 or was the movie actually filmed in a widescreen format, so actually the 4:3 existent version is Pan & Scan? Or was it just shown in 4:3 in cinemas?
2.) do you think there might be plans for a BD? Would be amazing...
3.) was it ever shown on American TV in HD or are there plans to do so? It wasn't aired HD in Europe AFAIK.

Here in Germany, Moonwalker was shown in HD digital format in three cinemas only. It was during the first two weeks of the screening of This is it.
I was lucky to see it. And all I can say is that the quality was really really great! Especially the concert sequence in the beginning was stunning! :woohoo:

Unfortunately I do not remember whether it was 16:9 or 4:3.

Damm Moonwalker was showing in the cinema??? I would love to see that on the big screen again. Funny enough when i went to see TII at the end of the credits when it showed the MJ walk in the spotlight. I sat there thinking moonwalker was going to start? Wish it did. Thought I was going to have a little surprise that day.

Hoowwwww.... wouldn't it be wonderful to have the chance to see both on the big screen again? At the same time??? wowowowwww!!!
And then Bucharest :D

In some cinemas, additionally to TII the movie was also shown. Unfortunately, the cinema in my city didn't show it, but I regret I didn't take the 4 hour travel by train to go see it.

Anyway, I asked at a cinema that showed it and they said it was a real HD (!!) source.

I wonder:
1.) was the image cropped so it was 16:9 or was the movie actually filmed in a widescreen format, so actually the 4:3 existent version is Pan & Scan? Or was it just shown in 4:3 in cinemas?
2.) do you think there might be plans for a BD? Would be amazing...
3.) was it ever shown on American TV in HD or are there plans to do so? It wasn't aired HD in Europe AFAIK.

Someone from this forum explained to me a while ago that the movie was filmed in 16:9 - so what we see on the DVD is a cropped version.
If this is true or not, I don't know.

In the USA it was never shown in theaters and went straight to video. I don't think many people here realized it was a movie and just thought it was a music video compilation. So I don't know if it was widescreen.

Thank you all :)...

It will be released in March 2010 on Bluray.. :D

You're sure?!? Or are you just talking about TII? If so, you're info's false... it's released in January (USA) and February (rest of the world (?))...

Thank you all :)...

You're sure?!? Or are you just talking about TII? If so, you're info's false... it's released in January (USA) and February (rest of the world (?))...

Nope, Moonwalker will be released next year on Blu ray..

wow, thank you so much for this info!! Isn't that cool!! Seems my thread was pointless...

Back