Moonwalker DVD reissue in Japan

Interestin', I just watched this clip of the credits "The Moon is Walking" performance:

http://mjjrealrealm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A679A9B694DD1478!2596.entry

the other day and thought what if Michael did something like Moonwalker for his new album and showed
it in theaters worldwide like regular movies instead of releasing one single / video at a time...

then break it down afterwards into singles / soundtrack CD's, online, & DVD's
just like the regular movies...hmm, just an idea for somethin' different.

Last edited:
Hope it has some extras and is mixed in 5.1

Yes, would be good with 5.1 sound and if they used film source to create 16:9 on DVD, and a HD Blu-Ray release.

Last edited:
Yes, would be good with 5.1 sound and if they used film source to create 16:9 on DVD, and a HD Blu-Ray release.

Yeah, that would be good stuff. Michael Jackson on blu-ray disc. I am waiting.. It should happen soon though since it's a Sony product.

Yeah, that would be good stuff. Michael Jackson on blu-ray disc. I am waiting.. It should happen soon though since it's a Sony product.

:lol: No it wont. Sony couldnt even remaster MJs short films before releasing them in the 90s!! Moonwalker when first released on DVD didnt have any extras and wasnt mixed in 5.1 All Sony did was convert it from analogue to digital. They're slack as ****!

this is gonna be a warner home reissue, sony has nothing to do with it since the rights belong to warner right now.

this is gonna be a warner home reissue, sony has nothing to do with it since the rights belong to warner right now.

Yeah true that. I forgot Warner owned it. Well hopefully they';; do something good with it. MJ should do audio commentary!

Anyway, this is T25 AND MOONWALKER 20... this is cool double celebration, that would be cool if Moonwalker would get special teater exposure ...

what a great opportunity to celebrate this movie!!!wish we'd all get that remastered this dvd soon!!!

They need to release it on DVD in the U.S..

I know no-region versions are out there but are very rare.. I saw one right infront of me and CHOSE not to buy it.. I don't know why.. I think at the time I had no money on me..

U know, if you really want to watch moonwalker in perfect DVD quality and do not live in a place that sells it, and/or cannot find a no-region verison.. it's still possible.. BUY the DVD, from where ever.. and take it to a converter company.. They will give you a converted version of the DVD.. U will have a duplicate of it, that will be compatable in your country.

Last edited:
You know u can buy the Region 2 DVD and you can unlock your DVD player so that it plays ANY region DVD? You can get codes online for ANY brand of DVD player to make the DVD player region free

^ At MJ's 45th Bday after party they were selling Region free Moonwalkers..

so they do exhist.. But to find them now.. IDK where.. Ebay??? lol!

I'd say try ebay but if you do find one it'd be more expensive than usual. I'm tellin ya, buy the official region 2 version for a couple of dollars on ebay and unlock your DVD player yourself for free. I have both my home cinema and the DVD player in my room unlocked and I always buy u.s. DVDs which work fine.

You know u can buy the Region 2 DVD and you can unlock your DVD player so that it plays ANY region DVD? You can get codes online for ANY brand of DVD player to make the DVD player region free

Wes, how do you unlock a DVD player? :unsure: Please don't tell me I have to unscrew some part of it that has a big sign that says "Do not tamper with DVD or risk electrocution" written over it. :lol:

Last edited:
Wes, how do you unlock a DVD player? :unsure: Please don't tell me I have to unscrew some part of it that has a big sign that says "Do not tamper with DVD or risk electrocution" written over it. :lol:

All you do is find out the Brand and Model of your DVD player, type this into goofle along with the words "region free code". It will give u a list of sites with codes you can type in on your remote and this unlocks your DVD player.

If you need any help PM me :)

It was re released in 2005 here in New Zealand and was in shops for about 6 months

its still available on the big net auction site here, someone here has a stockpile of them brand new, it came in a cardboard slipcase box with special silvery Moonwalker lettering

I have a copy and its region 4 and 1.37:1. It has Dolby sound
OMG i search like months for this cardboard Version of Moonwalker, where did you get it??Online?

I have bought one on ebay a few months ago, wich had a cardboard on the Ebay site, but they have shipped the normal version.:(

is this DVD moonwalker be reissue in canada too please please can someone tell me please thanks :flowers:

Back