"Money" Streaming/Radio Campaign

billyworld99

Proud Member
Hey guys 3 years ago, fans got together to start a mass download/radio campaign for the unreleased song We've had enough. The purpose of this campaign was to show support for Michael/his kids when the whole murray investigation/trial was going on. The unreleased track charted on Amazon singles chart in the U.S. & Germany I remember for sure. There was enough request for We've had enough that Reggie Yates (DJ of one of the biggest radion stations in the UK) played the song on Radio 1.

So I was wondering if fans can get together to have a Streaming/Radio Campaign for Michael's song "Money". This song is so prophetic I guess you can say with all Michael had to deal with because if his enormous fame, gift, and wealth and he's dealing with the greed and betrayals because of his lucrative estate. The song is well know mostly within the fanbase so it would be great if this song gets exposure beyond the fanbase & out to the general public. I was reading this article on Billboard & RIAA new rules regarding streaming songs and it counting towards the charts.

here it is

Streaming now counts toward Gold and Platinum album certification

elvis-gold-record.jpg

Earlier this year, Billboard began counting YouTube streaming data toward determining a song’s position on its Hot 100 singles chart. Now, the Recording Industry Association of America has taken a similar course of action for how it certifies Gold, Platinum, and Diamond records.

As Billboard reports, the RIAA announced Thursday that it has added on-demand streams statistics from YouTube, Spotify, Rdio, MOG, and more in counting the 500,000 units required for Gold, one million for Platinum, and 10 million for Diamond.

Following a year of research, the RIAA determined that 100 streams is equivalent to one single physical purchase (e.g., one would need 100 million streams to go Platinum). The shift in metrics has already led to 56 songs being newly certified.

Update: Among the records receiving new certifications: Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep”, The Black Keys’ “Lonely Boy”, Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance”, M83′s “Midnight City”, and Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean”.

The formula for certification also includes digital downloads, ringtone sales, and CD sales.
http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/...toward-gold-and-platinum-album-certification/

I just feel that the message of the song needs to get out there, what do you guys think?

I'm in, just let me know what do we need to do?

PS, This should be in news section = more views from people, more participants.

I was thinking more about TDCAU. To me and my MJ friends it is his anthem since he died. Powerful song money is great but not nearly as strong. Just my 2 cents

"Money" is the Song of the day as it directly relates to all the madness surrounding MJ at this time.

Fans did great with the MASS DOWNLOAD "we've had enough" campaign and the "Invincible" Campaign
We had campaign pages here supporting them. You guys need to make some banners and videos to promote this and tell fans what they can do (a blurb explaining the campaign )

you know what would be nice if the estate would release money as a cd/vinyl single + a new unreleased track as a tease for the next project and then write on the back of the single dedicated to all the scammy people that made michaels life a hell or something like that:yes:

I think they should release "In the back" + "Money" now.

well this discussion is not what estate needs to do but what the fans need to do to get this camping off the ground. Maybe that will inspire the estate who knows ...

I like this idea. It's a great song and I've been seeing a lot of fans on forums and Tumblr quote it. It's such a relevant song

we need ideas for some text to explain the campaign , a blurb to promote it on vids and banners .. post your ideas this can be our work thread until we can create a campaign page. see if we can find the past campaigns to get ideas from them.

Are we going to download and stream and request air play
If we bring enough attention we can get stations to play it

We need to name the Campaign - something Catchy LIke

GET YOUR MONEY ON iTUNES
DOWNLOAD MONEY ON iTUNES
GET MJ"S MONEY ON iTUNES

STREAM YOUR MONEY

To raido Stations Post . WE WANT MONEY - GIVE US MONEY

It will peak peoples interest for sure they will click for MONEY

:LOL:

I'm not sure how streams work and how it relates to the charts. How does one stream to be counted. On youtube, cloud ? where else? ..

Yes that's nice start. :) but there is more planning involved to have a successful campaign. Do you want ideas or help ? You need text to give description of the campaign the purpose and reason to let fans know how they can support participate and promote it ... do you have any other plans for the page? I have been playing with some text .. just some ideas - but I was hoping to see if MJJC members have any interest in participating and having a Campaign page here as well. We can link that to to your FB if you keep that agenda free.

I think the campaign should not be attached to any specific agenda that will cause division, so that ALL fans can support it. NO supporting either AEG or Jaxns etc) Also Not anything that promotes or brings specific attention to Wade .. and Just let Michael speak .. through the song . So far your FB hasn't done that .. which is good IMO

below is a draft of what i've been toying with - I going to use it in a video to promote the campaign.
Here was my vid for the Invincible Campaign (for example) - http://youtu.be/OYr_A3OXkI8
Also see the vid description how it links to the campaign site to flyers etc etc .To promote

I'm waiting for ideas from others, Who are interested in getting this off the ground. or will help promote it

" I can't do it by myself, gonna need somebody's help" ~ MJ

Well I could but I'm not, if there is no interest here !!!!!

This not final just a draft some ideas
feel free to use any of it if you wish -

Mj fans want to do something special to support Michael Jackson
and Give him a voice to address all that is going down right now
surrounding his legacy.

We want bring attention to one of his songs that we feel it is just
as relevant to all the madness surrounding Michael's legacy right
now as it has been in the past.

We think is is only fair to let Michael speak for himself.
Our words are not necessary as the song is self explainatory
and Michael tell the story so well.

Let Michael address whats going down...
M O N E Y

Now that Billboard is allowing streamed songs and downloads play a significant
part in how a song charts, we want to try and raise it in the charts and get
radio play to bring attention to it at this most appropriate time.

Shamone ..
Let Michael's voice be heard DOWNLOAD MONEY ON iTUNES

Please join us by downloading MONEY on itunes and streaming the
song everywhere .. far and near .. FB Twitter Youtube

For more information in how you can help and promote this Campaign
Visit : ....

wel i don't have real big plans maybe we can make on this site a special page instead of facebook so all the members on this site can find it easy. i really wan't to help :)

We can use both - we can do a campaign page here and also link it to your FB
we need both ..

would it have to be purchased through i tunes?
I just chose itunes because I know for sure that is counted. Many fans use a amazon as well
we can link to where ever the song is available for download

Id love to participate in this. however, im clueless where to start? it really speaks for everything thats going on right now.
Bombarding radio station with the request to play it?

Back