Monday, May 4, 2009 News / Mentionings

MsSnoop

Proud Member
All quiet during MJ's weekend - I'll bet he had fun with his family; getting ready for the show. Here's some mentionings:

The 'official' PEOPLE magazine narrated article to go with MJ's recent shopping trip in LA:

Michael Jackson Shopping Spree: Leather, Kids' Clothes – and a Mannequin

By Marisa Laudadio

Michael Jackson Photo by: Rachpoot / INF
michael_jackson.jpg
tiiQuigoWriteAd(757767, 1348086, 240, 190, -1); Michael Jackson and his three children went wild during a shopping trip on L.A.'s trendy Melrose Avenue this week.

Accompanied by sons Prince Michael I, 12, and Prince Michael II (known as Blanket), 7, and daughter Paris, 11, Jackson hit the Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier stores, where he scooped up Paco Chicano T-shirts and gear from Crystal Rock, along with Ed Hardy leather jackets and kids' clothing.

"They walked out with over 20 bags and a mannequin," says a source.

Although the boutiques were closed so that Jackson could shop in peace, the singer, 50, encouraged some of the fans who lined the storefront to come inside and take pictures with him.

"Michael was extremely friendly and in great spirits," says a source. "He was loving with his kids and in a great mood. The kids were very polite and well-spoken."

Jackson is a longtime supporter of the edgy clothing lines also favored by Madonna and Britney Spears. "He was shopping for his closet and planning to wear some of the items for his summer concerts on stage in London," says the source.

Jackson returns to the stage on July 8 to kick off a 50-date concert series in London that’s scheduled to run through 2010. He's been spotted at a rehearsal studio in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley in recent weeks, where his dancers have been practicing.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20276050,00.html

michael_jackson-2.jpg

MJ News and Mentionings:

A Football Story From Back In The Day-Carlos

Bleacher Report -
He liked Soul music and his particular favourite was Michael Jackson, who he admired for his performance skills and star quality. ...

The O2: big names are a-coming!

IntoMobile - The O2 frequently has top-name acts, and this year will play host to Pink, Michael Jackson, and Britney! Time to add a few more names - and how about these ...

Club members have a swingin' good time

Rensselaer Polytechnic -

Toward the end of the night, four women from RPI's Swing Club treated the crowd to a well-rehearsed performance of Michael Jackson's “Thriller. ...

Believers Never Die Tour invades Field House stage

Rensselaer Polytechnic -
After their cover of Michael Jackson's “Beat It,” Wentz decided to pick on me for a while since I was taking notes, and asked if I was reviewing the show. ...

michael_jackson.jpg

For UK based fans:

We are offering 2-for-1 on the fabulous Thriller – Live show

May 1 2009 by Kathryn Carr, Southport Visiter

FANS of Michael Jackson are in for a treat, as Thriller – Live – a high-octane show celebrating Jacko’s career – lands in Southport.

We’ve teamed up with Southport Theatre to bring you a fantastic 2-for-1 offer on tickets to the show, which is at Southport Theatre on May 5 and 6.

In a career spanning 40 years, Michael Jackson has sold an unparalleled 750m records worldwide, with the Thriller album still the world’s best-selling recording of all time.

Starring Hayley Evetts, who shot to fame as a finalist on Pop Idol, alongside Will Young and Gareth Gates, Thriller – Live includes over two hours of non-stop hit songs, delivered by an exceptionally talented cast and live band.

From I Want You Back, I'll Be There and Can You Feel It to Billie Jean, Beat It, and Thriller – all your favourites are there.
To take advantage just cut out this article and take it to Southport Theatre box office to claim your ‘2-for-the-price-of-1’ tickets.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Available on new bookings only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Only available over the box office counter, open Mon-Sat 9.30am-5.30pm (Bank Holiday Monday open 11am-4pm)
Offer closes midday on Tuesday, May 5.

For more information about shows at Southport Theatre call Ticketmaster on 0844 847 2380 or visit www.southporttheatre.org.uk

Today in[/center][/center]
Michael Jackson History
1951 - Sigmund Esco (Jackie Jackson) was born.

2005 - In Santa Maria, CA, the prosecution rested in the child molestation trial of Michael Jackson. The prosecution's segment took nearly 10 weeks and involved more than 80 witnesses

22774953-22774956-slarge.jpg

"Michael Jackson and his three children went wild during a shopping trip on L.A.'s trendy Melrose Avenue this week.

Accompanied by sons Prince Michael I, 12, and Prince Michael II (known as Blanket), 7, and daughter Paris, 11, Jackson hit the Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier stores, where he scooped up Paco Chicano T-shirts and gear from Crystal Rock, along with Ed Hardy leather jackets and kids' clothing.

"They walked out with over 20 bags and a mannequin," says a source. "

The Legend Continues. :agree:

http://www.starpulse.com/sp_comments/viewcomments.php?object_id=121224

Will.i.am Goes Apple Picking With Michael Jackson

When Michael Jackson invites you to work on music with him, you go to wherever he's recording. Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas went to Ireland for Jackson. When he got hungry, Jackson took him to the drive through.
"I'm like, 'I'm hungry,'" Will recalled. "He says, 'Why don't you take the horse? Take the horse and pick apples. It's wonderful. We love doing it. The horses love going apple picking.' I'm like, 'All right, I'll f*cking go.' I swear to God. I'm on a f*cking horse. Michael Jackson's like, 'Wow, it's great.' The horse is picking apples. I'm like picking apples and junk, putting them in a bag. I'm like wow, this is like picking apples with Michael Jackson on horseback. Look at that sh*t, right?"
With all those excursions going on, did they get any recording done? "I don't know what he's going to use from what we've done, but I have memories. The stuff I did on Thriller 25 is up. If he uses any of the original things that we've done, great. If he didn't, I have my memories and the things that we've done is awesome. I learned so much from the dude. He's cool."
For those who got those highly sought after tickets for Jackson's 50 shows, Will vouches for the fellow musician's chops. Michael's still got it. "He was in my house. It's one thing you hear rumors, but when the guy's in your house, laying on your floor as you're playing beats, he's like, 'Will.i.am, I love this beat.' He's laying and his feet are up on the chair, he's kicking his feet. I'm like dude, Michael Jackson's laying on my floor. He's testing his voice and three hours has passed. He's just mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi, mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi. He's doing both voice testing just to sing for five minutes. He's testing his voice for three hours to sing for five minutes. I don't know. Fergie don't do that sh*t. Usher don't do that sh*t. None of the people that you think still got it do that. I've seen it, in my house. That's because he's a perfectionist and he just likes testing his voice. I'm like, 'Dude, can we record now? Because it's three hours, and it's only going take five minutes.' 'No, I just want to warm it up.' Like dude, that's hot. It's warmed up. And he has it. I've seen it. He mi mi mi'd for three hours. Perfect pitch

Back