Monday, May 25, 2009 Mentionings & Memories

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Happy Memorial Day to USA MJJC Members!

memorial-day.jpg

and it's probably a good idea for members in other countries to remember those who have died in their nation's service​

Michael Jackson News / Mentionings

Dance man Dizzee Rascal

The List -
He added to BANG Showbiz: "I couldn't dance like Michael Jackson. I couldn't pull off the moonwalk like him, that's some serious shoes to fill, isn't it? ...

Koku Gamer: Rock Band Unplugged Review

Zergwatch -
... along to your favorite songs and watching your score skyrocket as you pull off combos that would make the likes of Slash and Michael Jackson blush.”

Dearbone Wins Local Celeb Dance Competition

WBKO - ... with Bowling Green's Own. Congratulations to our very own Ryan Dearbone and his partner, Amy Kempf, for winning with a Michael Jackson inspired routine. ...

Neil Diamond Re-signs With Sony/ATV

Billboard Business News -
By Ed Christman, NY Sony/ATV Music Publishing has re-signed singer/songwriter Neil Diamond to a long-term, worldwide publishing agreement. ...

michael-jackson-b.jpg

I Love Michael Jackson

• Ich liebe Michael Jackson
  • Eu amo Michael Jackson
  • Amo Michael Jackson
  • Ik houd van Michael Jackson
  • Amo a Michael Jackson
  • Я люблю Майкл Джексон
  • J'aime Michael Jackson
  • Αγαπώ το Μάικλ Τζάκσον
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=bf-res
Please feel free to add your own country's language :D

jackson5.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MJJC Members

applepie
Miadry
Moonwalkerin
Maddogg
superflysister

cute_birthday_comment_12.gif

Today in

Michael Jackson History

2004 - It was reported that Joseph Jackson, Michael Jackson's father, had hired an attorney to keep him informed of the activities in the current legal proceedings (child molestation charges in Santa Barbara, CA) against his son Michael.

2005 - The defense rested in the Michael Jackson child molestation trial. The prosecution began its rebuttal.

tv_diana1.jpg

That yahoo site no Thai language :( can I add mine ? Please :yes:

ฉันรัก ไมเคิล แจ็คสัน (Chan Rak Michael Jackson = I love Michael Jackson)

Thanks for posting. :)

Last edited:
That is the cutest pic of Michael standing in front of his brothers holding their gold records. What a group of handsome boys they were.

And I see Michael's name shows up in some media every single day of the year. And they say he aint relevant. I think the public feels differently. Seems to me they still love him. If people really hated or disliked him, they wouldn't be including him in their parties, weddings, talent shows, halftime shows, marching bands, etc.

Face it, media peeps.....Michael Jackson is still an AMERICAN legend!

"I Love Michael Jackson" in Chinese:
我爱迈克尔·杰克逊
:D
Thank you :)

ooo i love fads..

"we love you, Michael!" in Arabic: نحن نحبك يا میکائیل

More Monday Mentionings!

Marcel Marceau's top hat hits auction block

KIDK -
Other highlights of the sale include snapshots of the French mime with celebrities and statesmen from Michael Jackson to Bill Clinton and an ink-on-paper ...
SGE.CTU12.240907211634.photo00.photo.default-512x385.jpg

Michael Jackson tribute band coming to the Music Farm

TheDigitel -
In glitzy jackets, glittering gloves and 80s regalia, Who's Bad, The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Band, is an infectious party production that takes ...

and a little 'history' from a past MJ dancer:

The Making of Michael Jackson Dancer, Simone Maurice

How the Journey Began...

What does your background experience in dance consist of? When did Hip Hop and Street Dancing become of interest to you?

My dance experience originated in Modern Folklore Dancing, which I started when I was five years old. I then moved on to Jazz, Tap and Ballet. Since my dance studio did not offer any Hip Hop dance classes, I began learning from music videos on television. I loved watching and learning the choreography that was seen in music videos.

I became inspired by Michael Jackson’s videos, and began adopting his style and technique. The more I practiced, the more I became known for being able to imitate a lot of his moves as well as for creating my own signature moves. I was featured on VH1 as the girl who dances like him and the responses from what was seen on VH1 eventually led to the opportunity for me being able to perform for him.

PERFORMING FOR "THE KING OF POP"

MJScream.jpg
How did you come across the opportunity to perform for Michael Jackson?

I was able to perform for Michael Jackson because I was part of a party that was paying a tribute to Michael Jackson. He was also presented with an award at the event.

What did you perform for him?
I choreographed and performed a solo tribute to him that was to a mix of his songs. I started off with a Popping and Miming act. When the music started playing I went into a full interpretation of the way he dances, especially in terms of his facial presentation and expression. He has truly played a major role in me being able to develop my own craft and do what I do, especially in terms of me wanting to teach others.

What was the experience like being able to perform for your role model?
The entire experience was surreal, not only because I was only 22 years old, but because I had never seen him perform live before. I have lived in a lot of different countries growing up and had the ability to watch him on television, but I always thought that my first experience would have been watching him perform. Instead, my first live encounter with him was having looking at him directly in the face, and having him watch me perform.

Were you nervous or excited before the performance?
Well, since Michael Jackson had arrived late, a lot of people did not get the opportunity to perform for him. So, I felt lucky to be able to perform a solo act for him. But, the first thing that really hit me was the energy level. The energy level that surrounds him is insane – whether people are his fans or not, it is crazy to see how much people will do to get a glimpse of him! It was completely surreal! Along with that, came the sweep of emotions involved with having my mentor’s attention while I performed my solo. It all hit me after the fact, where all I could think was “WOW!”

How do you feel about the events that are currently surrounding Michael Jackson? What do you believe and does it affect your perception about him?

I think that one thing everyone can agree upon about Michael Jackson hands down is the fact that he is incredibly talented. Perhaps that’s the only truthful fact ever said about Michael publicly. Michael has played a vital role in defining popular music, dance and entertainment at large. It is unfortunate that people often disrespect his overwhelming contribution not only as an entertainer but also as a humanitarian. Unfortunately the real events surrounding someone like Michael Jackson are often unspoken, untold and at best distorted. Certainly, I support Michael Jackson during this time but as far as the unfortunate media hype and sensationalism surrounding Michael Jackson, I believe it to be far from the truth.

Rest of article: http://www.dancescape.org/ezine/art...hael-Jackson-Dancer-Simone-Maurice/Page1.html

Thanks for the news! :yes:

Hmm... to say I Love Michael Jackson in Filipino it's "Iniibig ko si Michael Jackson."

OR

"Miniamahal kita Michael Jackson." :wub: There's many different ways. :lol:

Omg, I love that picture SO MUCH. :bugeyed :wub:

"I love Michael Jackson" in Portuguese: "Eu amo Michael Jackson".

We don't discuss tabloid ish here in the news threads as this is for RELIABLE sources only. Please talk about that ish in tabloid talk. Thanks.

Back