Monday, April 27, 2009 - News & Mentionings

MsSnoop

Proud Member
All quiet in the world of MJ as far as the NEWS is concerned, here's some mentionings, tidbits, and some MJ memories

offthewallera44.jpg

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

'Megastar' draws huge crowds in Indian election

eTaiwan News - Blending Huey Long's populism, Ronald Reagan's charisma, Michael Jackson's moonwalk and Rod Blagojevich's haircut, the stocky, mustachioed actor, ...

madhatters: Area a capella review

UW Badger Herald -
Toward the end, the MadHatters had their usual medley and this time it was a tribute to Michael Jackson with songs like “Billie Jean,” “Thriller” and even “ABC.” This was one of the more memorable parts of the show because the boys actually broke out in the dance from “Thriller,” which the audience could not get enough of.

Cornell Reaches Deep

Lumino Magazine -
With a distinct mood change, he belted out a dark yet eerily comforting version of Michael Jackson's “Billy Jean.” Yet just when one might have believed the ...

Jake Shimabukuro

Village Voice - ‎
On his recent Live, Hawaii-born Shimabukuro plays the bejeezus out of a Bach two-part invention, Michael Jackson/Rod Temperton's "Thriller," a Japanese koto ...

Alpha Phi Alpha wins its 4th consecutive Little 5 Step Down

Indiana Daily Student - ‎
Mixing Michael Jackson's iconic choreography with traditional stepping, the men then transitioned into a spinoff of “America's Best Dance Crew,” performing ...

The night James Brown saved Boston

Creative Loafing Tampa -
He presaged the likes of Michael Jackson, Prince and all the other brothers with soulful voices and slick dance moves who came after them. ...

-- Reuters took a look at investments in music publishing catalogs. One executive said such pension funds and private equity groups have more money than any music company and will keep prices above market rates. The flip side is some of the acquisitions were overvalued and music companies would be wise to stay with a more rational return on investment. And since no two companies has the same ability to monetize publishing assets, some catalogs are sure to be back on the market. Said Sony/ATV chief executive Marty Bandier, "What any financial investor does with publishing assets is crucial because you need to market and promote those songs on a 24-7 basis. We're still buyers in this market and when these investors decide they want to sell we'll be here to pick those songs up." (Reuters)

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i55fbb4c9063b301da8da6cfc37abd087

jackson_michael_feeding_01.jpg

Short version (3 min) of the song "Mind is the Magic" written by Michael for the Siegfried and Roy show at the Mirage in Las Vegas.​

This song played at the end of their show - as the guests were leaving the showroom​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1984 - In Philadelphia, the radio station WWSH broadcasted a "No Michael Jackson" weekend in protest of his airwave saturation over the last years.

1984 - Michael Jackson returned to the hospital for further scalp and facial laser surgery stemming from the burns he received filming a Pepsi commercial.

2005 - In the Michael Jackson child-molestation trial, Deborah Rowe testified for the prosecution.

2005 - In California, an appellate court said that the judge in the Michael Jackson child molestation trial was right to seal dozens of records. The court said the judge had successfully balanced Jackson's right to a fair trial and the public's right to know

Mind is the Magic is such an orgasmic song - I love it!! The version in this link is so crisp and clear - does anyone know where this version can be downloaded as an MP3?

a friend of mine on facebook posted an update saying that she was really excited because mj was coming on tonight at 10pm on some channel but she is not online for me to find out more details..anybody know anything about this?????

i heard something about solange (beyaki's sister) maybe being one of mj's opening acts.....gosh i think it was at bossip tho...lol

Short version (3 min) of the song "Mind is the Magic" written by Michael for the Siegfried and Roy show at the Mirage in Las Vegas.

This song played at the end of their show - as the guests were leaving the showroom​

Thanks for the news! This music is wonderful! :wild::clapping: I love it! Does anyone have the lyrics of it?​

Thanks for the news! This music is wonderful! :wild::clapping: I love it! Does anyone have the lyrics of it?​

Mind Is The Magic
Come in to me
I know mystical garden
Orchards and violets
All mysteries are parted
Life is a mirageghost
Imagination
Pure inspiration called justification

Nothing's impossible
Nothing's concealed
Everything here is for real
What gives fantastic ghouls all in your head?
Who creates wonders like nobody can?

Chorus:
Siegfried & Roy
You know it's
Siegfried & Roy
So be it
Siegfried & Roy
I'm gonna...
Siegfried & Roy

When it's Siegfried & Roy
It's the mind of a magic in true
Your own thoughts play the game
In the magical wonders they do
The mind in the magic is you

Move of the head
And I'll change your emotions
Strange things appear
From euphorics, devotions
Everything's happening
Nothing's unreal
Hallucinating the mind in the real

Seeing black panthers
That suddenly fly
White tigers stalking your mind
Hallucinating the things that you see
This kind of magic's so hard to believe

[Chorus]

'Cause when it's Siegfried & Roy

(Seeing is believin'...)

Hallucinations
The game of this kind
This kind of magic
Throws mind

[Chorus]
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric....hael-Jackson/A4A9A1AC043FFFE248256C00000EA527

Mind Is The Magic
Come in to me
I know mystical garden
Orchards and violets
All mysteries are parted
Life is a mirageghost
Imagination
Pure inspiration called justification

Nothing's impossible
Nothing's concealed
Everything here is for real
What gives fantastic ghouls all in your head?
Who creates wonders like nobody can?

Chorus:
Siegfried & Roy
You know it's
Siegfried & Roy
So be it
Siegfried & Roy
I'm gonna...
Siegfried & Roy

Move of the head
And I'll change your emotions
Strange things appear
From euphorics, devotions
Everything's happening
Nothing's unreal
Hallucinating the mind in the real

Seeing black panthers
That suddenly fly
White tigers stalking your mind
Hallucinating the things that you see
This kind of magic's so hard to believe

[Chorus]

'Cause when it's Siegfried & Roy

(Seeing is believin'...)

Hallucinations
The game of this kind
This kind of magic
Throws mind

[Chorus]
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric....hael-Jackson/A4A9A1AC043FFFE248256C00000EA527

:wild::wild::wild: Thanks!!!!

Back