Mon 7th July,08... Community Weekly bulletin included

L.J

Proud Member
G'day Gang!!

.......and my what a big gang we are :swoon:

Welcome to a new week with the MJJCommunity and I hope it's a great one for you :flowers:

On with today's News:

Michael Jackson News:

NEW AKON SINGLE TO FEATURE MIJAC: Songwriter Claude Kelly had no idea King of Pop would end up on track.

*Budding singer/songwriter Claude Kelly wrote Akon's recently-leaked track "Hold My Hand," which to Kelly's surprise, included added vocals from the legendary Michael Jackson.
"I wrote the song and gave it to Akon with the intention of it going to maybe Whitney Houston, but Akon said he wanted to cut it himself. I thought, 'It doesn't get any bigger than this'," the 27-year-old New York native tells Billboard.com. "A few months after, Akon plays the song for me and all of a sudden I hear Michael Jackson's voice. I was literally shaking by the time the song was over."
The track, which has since been pulled off the Internet, is in the running to be the first single from Akon's new album, due later this year. According to Kelly's manager Michael "Make" Mentore from Star Power Media/Make Moves Management, the song will appear on Jackson's upcoming album as well.
Since penning the collaborative track, Kelly has been tapped to work not only with Akon and Whitney Houston but also with Jennifer Hudson, Frankie J, Brandy, New Kids On The Block, Toni Braxton, recent Def Jam signee Unique and Leona Lewis, including the latter's second single, "Forgive Me," which will be released in the coming weeks, reports Billboard.com. He also wrote the entire debut solo album for Corbin Bleu from "High School Musical" fame.

LINK

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

Monday, July 07, 2008

The Eleven Most Resonant Live Performances Of All Time

By: David Schultz

Give or take a couple days, this article pretty much marks my third anniversary with Earvolution. Over those three years, I’ve seen a whole host of shows and been part of audiences who walked away from them with a wide range of feelings and opinions. As for the artists, regardless of the size of the venue or the composition of the crowd, once the show is done, they’re usually off to do it again in another city for a different audience. Outside of the expansion of the musical horizons of the fans in attendance, one thing all these shows have in common is that no matter what transpired, very little changed in the macrocosm; in the long run, a single show rarely has much of an effect on the world.

As great a personal thrill as it may be to hear a phenomenal band for the first time at South By Southwest, to see the growth and increasing popularity of favorites like Tea Leaf Green, U-Melt and Grace Potter & The Nocturnals or simply to be in the room while My Morning Jacket kills at Radio City Music Hall, it takes a very rare performance to resonate outside of the range of the venue where it took place and affect more people than those who happened to be in attendance. That’s not to say it doesn’t happen.

What follows, in no particular order, isn’t a list of the best live concerts ever staged. That would be a somewhat academic exercise, populated as it would be with large scale efforts like Woodstock and Live Aid. Rather, this list – which in the spirit of Spinal Tap goes to 11 – consists of a group of performances that had relevance beyond the notes that were played and resonated well beyond the time and place of their occurrence.

FULL ARTICLE

MJ bit:

Michael Jackson – Motown 25: Yesterday, Today & Forever, March 25, 1983

motown25.jpg
Madonna notwithstanding, Michael Jackson is the defining superstar of the 80s and his coronation to becoming the self-proclaimed King of Pop began with the performance of a single song. To commemorate Motown Records’ 25th anniversary, many of the label’s most revered performers, including Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross gathered together for an NBC TV special. As part of the show, Michael Jackson, who with Off The Wall had established himself as a solo act, reunited with his brothers as the Jackson 5 for a medley of hits including “I Want You Back,” “Never Can Say Goodbye” and “I’ll Be There.” After completing the mini-set, Jackson remained alone on stage and spoke about the magic moments of the past. For as much he liked the old songs, he also liked the new, which at the time meant those on the recently released Thriller. With an off screen band playing Quincy Jones’ super-funky rhythm, Jackson picked up a black fedora from the floor and proceeded to deliver the performance of his career – a blistering version of “Billie Jean” that included the debut of the moonwalk. It’s hard to explain the impact of those three backwards steps but for weeks after NBC aired the special, kids would spend hours trying to duplicate Jackson’s mindboggling moves. Propelled by that one performance, the video for “Billie Jean” went on to shatter MTV’s then impenetrable color barrier and Thriller went on to become an International phenomenon. Dancing like he’s floating above the stage, this is the Michael Jackson that most of us prefer to remember. Even if the performance seems a little dated twenty-five years after the fact, it contained everything set Michael Jackson apart and launched him to the highest stratosphere of superstardom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the hits just keep on rolling out

MIAMI - On any given night, as the fabled moon rises over Miami, the densest concentration of pop stars per square foot is likely to be found not in some South Beach nightclub, but in a quiet warehouse section 15 miles to the north. Rolls Royces and Ferraris fill spaces reserved for Justin Timberlake or Jennifer Lopez.
adlabel_horz.gif

OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');

"It's like an auto show," says Iggy Pop, who recorded most of 2003's "Skull Ring album" at the studio founded 50 years ago as Criteria.
In these days of cheap digital home recording programs, professional studios seem like endangered species - Hit Factory's original New York studio closed its doors in 2005, and Sony Studios in Manhattan shuttered a year ago. But in Miami, the Hit Factory has brought a second life to one of the hardest-working spaces in the recording business, a place where hits have been innovated, defined and refined for five decades.
A who's who of artists - from James Brown to Bob Marley to the Rolling Stones to Michael Jackson to Madonna - have worked at the studio now known as the Hit Factory Criteria.

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rahsaan Patterson

20 Questions

[7 July 2008]

8. Of those who’ve come before, the most inspirational are?
Chaka Khan. Her honesty, her ability to know and understand—without words—that in a lot of ways we are one in the same. I don’t mean vocally. I want that to be clear and understood. It’s not about me sounding like her or anything like that. It’s deeper than that. It was deeper than that as a child listening to her. That’s what drew me into her and that’s what, before I understood how and why I would relate to an artist such as herself as well as the Prince’s and the Michael’s (Jackson), the Marvin Gaye’s, and Al Green’s and all the greats, it took me to become and grow into the artist and understand that that’s who we are, this is what our path is, and it’s not always easy.

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenya: The Cutting Edge

Michael Lochali poses the perennial question: What's in a name? And his fascination is his own name, which, he gloats, he shares with famous people. "In sports, we have Michael Jordan, Michael Ballack, Michael Essien, Mike Tyson and our own Mike Kipyego. In music, there is Michael Jackson, while in the corporate world there is Safaricom's Michael Joseph and Michael Power of Guinness. In politics, there was Michael Wamalwa, and in diplomacy, US envoy Michael Ranneberger."

LINK

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1997 - Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" was certified 25 times platinum by the RIAA.

1998 - Michael Jackson and his financial partner Don Barden announced their intentions to build an entertainment Neverneverland called "Majestic Kingdom" in Detroit.

MJJCommunity Weekly News:

MJJC RELOADED!!!
Get excited folks!
Go check out MJJC's Mainpage >>> http://www.mjjcommunity.com >> CLICK ME!

Last edited:
Thanks, Jelly! :wild:

I'm lovin' HMH :punk: ^_^ :wub:

And happy birthday to everyone celebrating theirs this week! :D

Reactions: L.J
MJ Part here:

Michael Jackson – Motown 25: Yesterday, Today & Forever, March 25, 1983

Absurd review. They always have to talk about the way he looks? Show's what's wrong with society, in a big way. And dated? His performace on Motown 25 is anything but dated.

Absurd review. They always have to talk about the way he looks? Show's what's wrong with society, in a big way. And dated? His performace on Motown 25 is anything but dated.

Tell me about it. I mean the comments are just so unnecessary. It's like the person didn't want to have anyone think they might actually like MJ so they threw that idiotic, ridiculous little comment in so they would appear "normal". In actual fact, they only appeared pathetic in my eyes

I don't read articles that insults Michael's appearance. Judgineg peoples work and talking about their appearance is just wrong. There are many artists today and in the past who did splendid work and their appearances were not judged. These people who write such articles are shallow minded embaciles and should be ignored. I would not give them credit for their praise. If there are going to judge Michael for his appearance, then what are they saying about the people who doing measure up to their eurocentric definition of beauty.

Last edited:
blah! I didn't read the whole article :banghead:

Please allow me to go kick this guys butt and then remove said article...

although through all the cliche "MJ is a has been" nasty comments this guy makes... he musta thought something of the performance to rank it in his top 11.
I love when folks really like MJ but are scared of losing cool points in the "I print words and people read it" world.... so they talk smack about MJ but still put him up the top.

My apologies for not reading the whollllle article before posting :( :flowers:

I just want to ask a question. Please do not take it as an offense.
If fans are not allowed to disrespect Michael jackson or discuss his medical decisions with regards to plastic surgery or his children, should articles be posted that violate those rules? How do we discuss these areticles? Should they not follow the same rules? In otherwords, is it OK to post articles that insult MJ when we are in violation if we did the same? I am just asking for clarification.

even though the article does bring up the same old dead horses that all media groups bring up, it's still an ok article

Last edited:
thanx for the news ..i'm going to add my submission..

LJ, it's very helpful-

MJJCommunity Weekly Bulletin.... yes this part of the News Thread... lol
Ok for several weeks now I've been putting this section in the Monday News Thread. My aim is to dedicate some space to update everyone on what's going on in our community in regards to forum updates, mainsite updates and anything else considered important at the time. (For example contests etc). I however have yet to receive any feedback from members on whether this little update section in the News Thread is helpful/useful or just a waste of time.
So please if you do have some feedback please drop it in this thread or PM me ... anything! to let me know what y'all think. It would be greatly appreciated. :kickass2: ....... no I'm not fishing for compliments I just want to know if this weekly update section is worth keeping on. Thanks in advance :give_heart:

It's always good to know what's happening with the boards / updates etc. :D

Reactions: L.J
Personally, I think removing the article is a bit of an overreaction. I mean there was one brief mention of plastic surgery. Even Elvis was denigrated for his appearance at the end( the fat, bloated years). I do disagree with the author's thought that the M25 performance is dated now. I may be biased, but I am still wowed by that performance today.

Thanks for the news & extra's :flowers:. I love the idea of a MJJC weekly bulletin (my appologies for not noticing it before), but now I will look out for it.

Thanks for the news, LJ.

Alright, I have a tv alert: USA fans listen up - tommorrow on the "Early Show" (7am-9am EST on CBS) they are going to have a segment on major celebrities turning 50 this year. They titled it, "50 the new 30" and they mentioned Madonna, Prince and Michael. Now, I believe that they will talk about Michael but I am not sure how they are going to do it. I just happened to flip the channels and saw the preview of it. I am not a avid watcher of the "Early Show", I am more of a "Today" show watcher, but I will be checking out the segment. I was just on their website: The Early Show and I did not see anything about the segment. Maybe they will update it soon, I guess. Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up if anyone was interested.

thanx for the news ..i'm going to add my submission..

Awesome! :kickass2:

LJ, it's very helpful-
It's always good to know what's happening with the boards / updates etc. :D

Thanks for the news & extra's :flowers:. I love the idea of a MJJC weekly bulletin (my appologies for not noticing it before), but now I will look out for it.

Thanks for the feedback ladies flowers and rep points for you both :give_flowers:

I don't read articles that insults Michael's appearance. Judgineg peoples work and talking about their appearance is just wrong. There are many artists today and in the past who did splendid work and their appearances were not judged. These people who write such articles are shallow minded embaciles and should be ignored. I would not give them credit for their praise. If there are going to judge Michael for his appearance, then what are they saying about the people who doing measure up to their eurocentric definition of beauty.
I agree. This is like giving someone a kiss and then turning around and spitting in his/her face.

IMO, the Community Weekly Bulletin is a keeper:yes:. Thanks for doing it, LJ (and anyone else that may be involved as well).

:2cents::D

Thanks for the news and I also like the community news updates!

David Schultz's comments were annoying, but I feel like focusing on the positive today lol. I think I'm going through a phase where nothing anyone says about MJ can upset me. It's either a phase or a new leaf lol.

Anyway, happy birthday to everyone celebrating their birthdays this week!

You're welcome little angel :wild:

I'll hold your hand :wild:

^_^

Yaaay, I got a new mommy ^_^ :lol:

Wubs you, Jelly :huggy:

About what Datsymay said: I think articles that disrespect Michael should be posted as long as 1) they have something new to say, even presented in a negative light & 2) if something can be done about them by reporting them where necessary.

Personally, the "has been", "former KOP", "Jac*o" remarks no longer bother me so much, cause I figure that after so many years, people have got used to them, even grown tired of them. I'm not sure that even Michael takes them into consideration these days (though I can't possibly know that, of course).

I'd say that, unless it's an idiotic remark of some low-life that doesn't even deserve to have their articles read, it's safe to post them :)

Yaaay, I got a new mommy ^_^ :lol:

Wubs you, Jelly :huggy:

About what Datsymay said: I think articles that disrespect Michael should be posted as long as 1) they have something new to say, even presented in a negative light & 2) if something can be done about them by reporting them where necessary.

Personally, the "has been", "former KOP", "Jac*o" remarks no longer bother me so much, cause I figure that after so many years, people have got used to them, even grown tired of them. I'm not sure that even Michael takes them into consideration these days (though I can't possibly know that, of course).

I'd say that, unless it's an idiotic remark of some low-life that doesn't even deserve to have their articles read, it's safe to post them :)
I don't agree with that, cause that is when you resign yourself to the inevitable instead of taking a stand. To say that it is acceptable for writers to continue to verbally abuse MJ or anyone else is to say it is ok to tolerate lies and injustice as the norm. What else will we come to accept as the norm. I will never accept it.
I poersonally refuse to read an article that willfully lie on or abuse Mr Jackson.When I see them ion magazines or in the media, I never post them on the web, cause I consider that I am helping the writer to spread her hate. He is a human being and he deserve respect just like the rest of us. Thgis type of thing also affects his young children who will be reading newspapers and watching tv, That is going to be tough on them.

If we post lies news, then, probably, we have to expose it and kill it in the full degree.

If such articles mention media cliché on Jackson that somehow crosses with his health and appearance, then there is no way how we can just post it and keep mum about it just for the sake of rules.

Newcomer fans have no idea why all of sudden what mass media say is lie, it is not proven to them at all until the lies killed with facts. But we can not do that without going into details that are not supported by the rules at MJJC.

So there is the paradox. Either such articles should not be posted at all (what is questionable way if to think about newcomer fans and not only about us, self-pleasing and all-knowing old ones) or rules should be broken to kill the lies.

Last edited:
I don't agree with that, cause that is when you resign yourself to the inevitable instead of taking a stand. To say that it is acceptable for writers to continue to verbally abuse MJ or anyone else is to say it is ok to tolerate lies and injustice as the norm. What else will we come to accept as the norm. I will never accept it.
I poersonally refuse to read an article that willfully lie on or abuse Mr Jackson.When I see them ion magazines or in the media, I never post them on the web, cause I consider that I am helping the writer to spread her hate. He is a human being and he deserve respect just like the rest of us. Thgis type of thing also affects his young children who will be reading newspapers and watching tv, That is going to be tough on them.

And I agree with all that. I'm not saying it's okay for them to call Michael names or spread lies, I'm only saying there's nothing that can be done about them.
Assuming the first article to announce a new single would begin with: "the washed up former KOP etc" , then we wouldn't post the news because of that beginning?

Maybe I didn't express it clearly enough in my first post. What I meant is that, if it is only a small portion of an article that's making it negative (say, 1 or 2 sentences), but that small portion doesn't affect the content of the article, then it would be ok to post.
If we're talking about articles that concentrate on the negative stuff and make it the subject, then I agree, it doesn't belong in the news section. (maybe, it would fit in the Enough is Enough section)

I would never consider verbally abusing Michael sth acceptable, but I know that the press won't give up no matter what. We, the fans, are always defending Michael by reporting these articles, but we've been doing it for years and the results barely show. That's why I've come to accept it as a reality that can't be fought with. Yeah, I'm gonna contradict anyone who has anything bad and false to say about him, but it doesn't mean I can turn immoral press into honest, fair press.

That's how it is for me at least.

So there is the paradox. Either such articles should not be posted at all (what is questionable way if to think about newcomer fans and not only self-pleasing and all-knowing old ones) or rules should be broken to kill the lies.

Well we aren't gonna break the rules to kill a lie. LJ posted the article without seeing that part in it. The offensive part was removed from the posting here, but if peeps want to read the article in full, you can hit the link.

Newcomers as well as old hats will abide by the rules of this forum.

What is happening here is that by design, MJ is being trashed a bit in order to justify his deserved praise for his talents and the moments to music history that he positively contributed to. It's an issue with them who feel they must do that.

The best way to deal with stuff like this is simply to let them know. Call them out when it's over the line.

Well, MJJC's concept is known, so that line of discussion was rather rhetoric one, I guess. MJJC is the place for people who do not want to be in the dirt of mass-media production. Completely consistent concept, independently on whatever opinions about.

Why is everyone against Michael Jackson?

I was writing in to ask, why is everyone around the world anti-Michael Jackson? This man was FALSELY accused, because of this, he has lost all respect from everyone. People are forgetting what this person has done to us. His song Thriller, sold 51 million copies around the world and nobody even cares?! He worked with his brothers in the Jackson 5, and had the best songs ever - I Want You Back, ABC, I'll Be There and much more. Everyone is just saying "Oh his music is garbage and he loves little boys." I suggest that you people actually try listening to his music then comment on it. He is the King of Pop, and INNOCENT.

So I suggest that you learn your history and listen before you make comments.
I would also like to say, that radio stations never play my song requests for Michael Jackson or Jackson 5. They make up a lame excuse saying they don't have it, and play some other random songs. If they don't have Thriller, how did it sell 51 million copies? By magic?
Michael Jackson & Jackson 5 Fanatic
Dubai

http://www.7days.ae/en/2008/07/06/why-is-everyone-against-michael-jackson-2.html

Why is everyone against Michael Jackson?

I was writing in to ask, why is everyone around the world anti-Michael Jackson? This man was FALSELY accused, because of this, he has lost all respect from everyone. People are forgetting what this person has done to us. His song Thriller, sold 51 million copies around the world and nobody even cares?! He worked with his brothers in the Jackson 5, and had the best songs ever - I Want You Back, ABC, I'll Be There and much more. Everyone is just saying "Oh his music is garbage and he loves little boys." I suggest that you people actually try listening to his music then comment on it. He is the King of Pop, and INNOCENT.

So I suggest that you learn your history and listen before you make comments.
I would also like to say, that radio stations never play my song requests for Michael Jackson or Jackson 5. They make up a lame excuse saying they don't have it, and play some other random songs. If they don't have Thriller, how did it sell 51 million copies? By magic?
Michael Jackson & Jackson 5 Fanatic
Dubai
>

http://www.7days.ae/en/2008/07/06/why-is-everyone-against-michael-jackson-2.html

I completely concur!! The man was FALSELY accused, and found INNOCENT!! So what fuels this hatred time and time again?? Come on people!! When SOMEONE is ACCUSED of something, THEY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED INNOCENT before PROVEN GUITLY!! AND if that person WENT ON AND WAS FOUND INNOCENT, THEY SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH!! OOHHHH!!! THis stuff makes me so mad, I wanna blow my top!! :head_bang: :head_bang: :head_bang: :head_bang: :head_bang: :head_bang:

Back