"mjvideo.oyvindeid.com" has been shut down by Sony!

Krshna28

Proud Member
RIP http://mjvideo.oyvindeid.com/

One of the best MJ video sites has now been shut down by Sony.

They used to provide some of the best and rarest MJ videos.

There's a message on the site which reads:
According to Michael Jackson's estate and Sony Music, this site has been in "violation of Sony Music's rights" and in "violation of the estate's publicity rights in Michael Jackson's name and likeness". It's therefore being shut down.

Thanks to everyone who has been visiting the site. It's been fun, but everything has an end.

If you search "mjvideo.oyvindeid.com" on youTube, you'll just find loads of MJ videos that this site used to have available for download.

Last edited:
What the hell is this sh*t?!

MICHAEL never told us to remove his videos!

One of the best sites indeed, it was a treasure trove for rare MJ stuff back in the day, I'm sorry to hear it's been closed down for such ridiculous reasons. The videos on that site were never in super high quality, and by now they weren't all that rare anymore either, so I don't see how they were harming Sony or anybody's rights. He only did it for the sake of sharing... Yet people making money off pirate MJ DVDs are still free to keep their business going...

Since there's no contact form on the site, thanks for everything MJVideo, kudos for keeping the site going all those years.

They should save the content and move it on another server or... portal.

However, its a matter of time..., and Sony and MJ Estate have the right to shut down such webs, on the other hand, it is professionally and promotionally unwise to destroy MJ fan communities and erase everything... a long-stadning work of MJ fans, it was MJ fans who did it in the name of Michael, instead of Sony, Sony in fact had no clue about keeping such "projects" and such fan projects should be supported by Sony or Estate as part of the interactive relationships with fans.

They should use it for other future projects, like DVDs, where in the hell they (Sony and Estate people) can get these videos back again?

They will not know about the videos and the content of them for future, or would somebody be there to collect these videos again for... Sony or Estate? Surely not...

But yes, most of these videos had their copyrights and even Sony didnt have them... lets say from TV productions...

If Michael has a growing number of fans today it is because of these wonderful fan clubs and sites and the absolute dedication, devotion and committment of his loyal, loving, exceptionally persevering fan community that has done the best and continues to do all it can to spread the truth about the Greatness and Goodness of Michael Jackson both as the greatest artist/performer/creative genius and the greatest humanitarian to walk this earth! Sony and the Estate do it for money, we do it for L.O.V.E and though my heart feels so completely broken and shattered with all that has been happening for all these long, tormenting years, and continues to happen, I still hope, pray and believe that ultimately LOVE will triumph,... and with it Michael and all of us.

Last edited:
I just hope this doesn't turn into a Prince situation.

Maybe they had released stuff on that website which they were sharing... that they can do.

One of the best sites indeed, it was a treasure trove for rare MJ stuff back in the day, I'm sorry to hear it's been closed down for such ridiculous reasons. The videos on that site were never in super high quality, and by now they weren't all that rare anymore either, so I don't see how they were harming Sony or anybody's rights. He only did it for the sake of sharing... Yet people making money off pirate MJ DVDs are still free to keep their business going...

Since there's no contact form on the site, thanks for everything MJVideo, kudos for keeping the site going all those years.

If you want to contact him, there's an email address on his main website (not MJ related) http://www.oyvindeid.com/

His email is mail@OyvindEid.com

Last edited:
I'm sick of all this crazy censorship. We have ONE official dvd of Michael's concerts and plans for just one more to date - if that ever sees the light of day. Are we really going to be unable to see anything more than that in the not-too-distant future?! I want people to see how wonderful Michael was, for new fans to carry on his name. If his work isn't seen on the popular sites people visit to view music vids, his legacy will suffer. And who is going to gain from that?!

That's just messed up. I mean to wait for Sony and The MJ Estate to come to an agreement for rare MJ footage and others material that are good and worthy of buying I'll be 100yrs old!

It's scary the kind of power Sony has. Did they give a legit reason?

They want to make us not to watch or share any MJ stuff and it doesn't matter unreleased or not, have they any rights on it or not.They want us only to bring them money or don't listen or watch anything. But it's impossible to follow this rules!

Sony has been busy beavers as of late. Almost half of the videos in my MJ folder that I have saved on my you tube account have been removed by The Web Sheriff. :(

I didn't even visit that site very often cause they give videos only after poll and those weren't best sources..

But R.I.P. anyway... :(
It's very sad sony is taking down everything..

cool site, but the quality of the videos was not very good and it always had a watermark

if you need videos look in download boards for them ;)

Sad news indeed. This is the sort of site that's a treasure trove for the curious new fan. A lot of us were there at some point when we first discovered the internet/MJ and it's sad that it's all being erased one by one. This can't be good can it? I appreciate there are copyright matters or whatever it is, and of course I respect that, but it's still really sad.

Oh man. I loved that site! And I completely agree with you Stacey.

Sad to hear this.. Back in the days when many things were still rare this site used to upload them! I Remember always voting on the poll for videos andstuff:p Good ol days..

If Michael has a growing number of fans today it is because of these wonderful fan clubs and sites and the absolute dedication, devotion and committment of his loyal, loving, exceptionally persevering fan community that has done the best and continues to do all it can to spread the truth about the Greatness and Goodness of Michael Jackson both as the greatest artist/performer/creative genius and the greatest humanitarian to walk this earth! Sony and the Estate do it for money, we do it for L.O.V.E and though my heart feels so completely broken and shattered with all that has been happening for all these long, tormenting years, and continues to happen, I still hope, pray and believe that ultimately LOVE will triumph,... and with it Michael and all of us.

$ony sucks!!!

I didn't even visit that site very often cause they give videos only after poll and those weren't best sources..

But R.I.P. anyway... :(
It's very sad sony is taking down everything..

cool site, but the quality of the videos was not very good and it always had a watermark

if you need videos look in download boards for them ;)

But before youTube, they were one of the best sources of rare MJ videos...........

........and because of them, some videos became more common and less rare..........

........in fact, people still upload their videos on youTube with the watermark still attached!!!!!

Wouldn't it be better if Sony just told the site to take off the specific videos which does infringe Sony's copyrights.....because most don't (like the super rare Jackson 5 videos and the MJ TV specials or commercials)

But I think the real problem is that Sony doesn't really care about the fans and it's been apparent for about 10 years that they didn't like Michael...........all they see is $$$$$$$!!!!!

It's just not right that Sony should threaten every MJ fansite with lawsuits when all we are trying to do is preserve and celebrate Michael's legacy.....even this site almost got sued by Sony!!!

We can''t send emails or petitions to Sony, because they simply do not listen...........

So the only alternative is to get in contact with The Estate to tell Sony not to shut down every MJ site that uploads a 2 minute video of material that will never get commercially released!!!!.........

....and this is important if you want to keep the MJ internet community alive..........

So if anyone has an email address for The Estate or their lawyers, then would a kind person to send me it so I can send them a very well written email!!!!

To be honest too many protected mj videos were being shared on mj sites. Mj AND sony should have cracked down years ago IMO. However anything that it's not protected by copyright should still be allowed.

Back