MJ's 'Moonwalker' -- U.S. Movie Debut Imminent

Amy Jackson

Proud Member
"Moonwalker" -- a collection of short films made by MJ in 1988 -- was never released theatrically in the United States ... but one L.A. movie theater is finally trying to make it happen ... for one night only.

0119-moonwalker-ex.jpg

TMZ has learned Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood is on the hunt for a film print of the 1988 cult classic ... after MJ fans flooded the A.C. Facebook page with the challenging request.

According to reports, "Moonwalker" was never theatrically released in America because of failed negotiations with U.S. movie distributors back in the day ... however the flick was eventually released in The States on VHS.

FYI -- "Moonwalker" featured a super-iconic 25-minute featurette for "Smooth Criminal" ... which included an awesome cameo by Joe Pesci.

Arclight claims they're actively searching for the print -- we'll let you know if the search succeeds.

Sourse:TMZ

we just got this is it why would they re-release it?

and if they release Moonwalker in that theater how is it fair to the rest of the world.... And for once shocking as this sounds... TMZ had a good report on something Michael.

This was shut down by the estate like 30 mins ago. The estate didnt say it would never happen tho, just not this time

we just got this is it why would they re-release it?

and if they release Moonwalker in that theater how is it fair to the rest of the world.... And for once shocking as this sounds... TMZ had a good report on something Michael.
The UK had 'Back to the Future' for 2 weeks, whilst the US had it for something like 2 days, it isn't fair really :(.

Moonwalker is of course better than 'This Is It', 'This Is It' was rehearsal footage where Moonwalker is an actual film and it is an epic film :D, to be honest it is in my top 10 movies of all time. :D.

Oh and:
http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/20/micha...-moonwalker-screening-united-states-american/

It's denied.

well in some ways i think its good that they denied it but in others i think" hmmm they denied it are they planing something?"

It was shown last year on the 28th of August, at a cinema in London :) You should have gone! :) But yes, I would love for them to show it again.

I went to the same showing as Tom here, even though he made us 15 mins late, and seeing it in the cinema is just brilliant. I'd so good and see it at the cinema again. Come on, re-release it for a limited period!!!!

It was shown last year on the 28th of August, at a cinema in London :) You should have gone! :) But yes, I would love for them to show it again.
Awh man, if I knew that I would have gone, I went to London in Nov last year to see the Exhibition in the O2 and I saw the place where Mike announced his TII concerts :D.

Thanks for the info anyway Tom!

MJ 'Moonwalker' Screening No-Go

1/20/2011 9:32 AM PST by TMZ Staff
Another crushing blow to Michael Jackson fans ... TMZ has learned the MJ estate has blocked an L.A. movie company from finally screening "Moonwalker" in an American theater.

0120-moonwalker-bn-denied.jpg

The ArcLight theater had been on the hunt for a film print of the 1988 cult-classic ... but was having trouble because the film was never officially released in theaters in the U.S.

Now, ArcLight explains ... "We have bad news. It's not available" ... adding, "We contacted the films directors and producers and were finally directed to MJ's estate attorney. They let us know the estate has the rights, but 'have no plans to make... prints available for rent at this time.'"

However, the estate didn't slam the door on the idea of releasing it in the future ... so keep your fingers crossed.

I was fortunate to have seen Moonwalker in a movie theatre and I have to say its something that I never forgot, seeing Michael on a big screen is just fantastic!

TMZ = Bullshit!!!!!!

Agree.

This is off topic, but I would love to see a concert: bad, dangerous, history in a cinema. I want to see Moonwalker also. Let us wait to see announcements from more reliable sources.

MJ 'Moonwalker' Screening No-Go

1/20/2011 9:32 AM PST by TMZ Staff
Another crushing blow to Michael Jackson fans ... TMZ has learned the MJ estate has blocked an L.A. movie company from finally screening "Moonwalker" in an American theater.

0120-moonwalker-bn-denied.jpg

The ArcLight theater had been on the hunt for a film print of the 1988 cult-classic ... but was having trouble because the film was never officially released in theaters in the U.S.

Now, ArcLight explains ... "We have bad news. It's not available" ... adding, "We contacted the films directors and producers and were finally directed to MJ's estate attorney. They let us know the estate has the rights, but 'have no plans to make... prints available for rent at this time.'"

However, the estate didn't slam the door on the idea of releasing it in the future ... so keep your fingers crossed.

o______

only wanna comment on your signature i L.O.V.E it!!!!!!!! :D nuff said

Agree.

This is off topic, but I would love to see a concert: bad, dangerous, history in a cinema. I want to see Moonwalker also. Let us wait to see announcements from more reliable sources.

______

i agree! i would love to see them all on the big scree! :D

I was fortunate to have seen Moonwalker in a movie theatre and I have to say its something that I never forgot, seeing Michael on a big screen is just fantastic!

_______

i didnt see it ont he theater but my dad told me they screened moonwalker in mexico n he went to see it so idk *shrugs*

I saw the movie in HD in Paris. It's such a good experience !

Back