MJ's Dream Of Peter Pan Theme Park

moonwalker5885

Proud Member
It has long been rumored that Michael Jackson dreamed of a theme park based on the J.M. Barrie story of “Peter Pan.” A theme park complete with looping roller coasters, 3-D flight simulators, water rides, stunt shows, dinner theater, nighttime spectaculars and hotels. Well now, on the Disney and More blog, you can read the full story of how the dream almost became a reality, including blueprints and concept art from the envisioned project.

In 1997, the King of Pop partnered with Burbank-based Landmark Entertainment Group — the creators of the Spider-Man ride at Islands of Adventure and the Jurassic Park water ride at Universal Studios Orlando — to draft a plan for Peter Pan’s Neverland theme park.

The concept for Peter Pan’s Neverland envisioned a grand entrance into Victorian London with replicas of Kensington Gardens, Big Ben, Tower Bridge and the Houses of Parliament. Once past the grand entrance, guests would then go to Neverland Island, and Landmark designers had designed two different ways to go there, both of which were attractions. Guests could either go by boat or they could "fly!" During the short boat ride the boat would have go through mysterious caves before arriving at Neverland Island with its lush vegetation and waterfalls. In the flying option, guests would have sat on a platform which would have turned down on a 50 degrees angle and a movie would have been projected on a huge Omnimax dome located under the platform, giving to the guests the illusion of flying over London and Neverland - led by Tinkerbell, of course!

On Neverland Island, there would have been six themed lands:

* Lost Boys Woods
* Mermaid Lagoon
* Indian Village
* Pixie Kingdom
* Pirate’s Village
* Future Zone

No price tag or location was ever announced for the ambitious project, and the partnership dissolved after a few years.

To read the full story and to see the amazing artwork of the project, please visit the Disney and More Blog

Source: disneyandmore.blogspot.com

The Michael Jackson theme park that never was, but still could be

neverlandentrancebon.jpg

Michael Jackson dreamed of a theme park based on the J.M. Barrie story of “Peter Pan,” complete with looping roller coasters, 3-D flight simulators, water rides, stunt shows, dinner theater, nighttime spectaculars and hotels.
The Disney and More blog has the full story of how the dream nearly became reality, including blueprints and concept art from the envisioned project.
In the late 1990s, the King of Pop partnered with Burbank-based Landmark Entertainment Group — the creators of the Spider-Man ride at Islands of Adventure and the Jurassic Park water ride at Universal Studios Orlando — to draft a plan for Peter Pan’s Neverland theme park.
The concept looks remarkably similar to Disneyland past and present, with all the Peter Pan parts of the park (pirate ship, dark ride, skull rock) amplified and embellished with plenty of pixie dust.
Peter Pan’s Neverland envisioned a grand entrance into Victorian London with replicas of Kensington Gardens, Big Ben, Tower Bridge and the Houses of Parliament.
On Neverland Island, reached by boat, there were six themed lands:
* Lost Boys Woods
* Mermaid Lagoon
* Indian Village
* Pixie Kingdom
* Pirate’s Village
* Future Zone
No price tag or location was ever announced for the ambitious project, and the partnership dissolved after a few years.
Which raises the obvious question: Could this theme park ever be built at the Neverland Ranch in Los Olivos, Calif.?

NVRLand_14.jpg

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/michael-jackson-them-5770/

To see more plans click on the link below.
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/11/d-exclusive-michael-jacksons-peter-pans.html

Last edited:
That would have been fun to visit. :)

This sounds absolutely magical and wonderful! I'd love to go to such a theme park!!!! (I'm 45, is that strange for me to still really enjoy stuff like that ?)
I REALLY hope someone will still make this happen!

This would be EPIC. I swear that man had the best imagination. One day, in MJ's honour, it really should be created. I'd go in a heartbeat.

Could you imagine if that themepark had the same appeal to children as a disney themepark? Only instead of everyone saying thats down to Walt Disney they think of Michael:wub: It could also be a special place for fans.

Back