MJ's dance peak?

2dangerous

Proud Member
For me, I would say the mid 90's...from the Dangerous tour, to the 1995 MTV awards, to Ghosts. I know a lot of people rave about the Bad tour but when I look at Bad vs. Dangerous, it just appears that MJ added so much more to his arsenal. After seeing Dangerous, when I watch Bad, I feel like I'm missing something. (I do agree that Bad is better vocally). Either way, MJ is amazing his whole career all the way through This Is It.

In the Bad era I believe he was at his peak in terms of Energy, Charisma and Physical fluency when it comes to dancing. I believe in the 90's he began to get even more creative with his dancing and body movement however, especially during the Dangerous Tour. =-D

I'll just say this.. If Michael was able to do the "ONE NIGHT ONLY" HBO special, I think it would have been his best 'Live' work!!

mid 80's he started venturing in a new direction incorperating popping, glyding, etc.. bringing out more so what we see as the "MJ STYLE" officializing his MJ stances, his gestures etc..

late 80's, he was HIM.. MJ style full effect,

early 90's he had his style so down pact that is came soo easy.. he could do everything faster and harder with the same flawless effect to it

mid 90's is where I see him coming full cycle as a dancer. He knew his style, could do it all with flawless presision, and now focused on making each move crisp, and incorperating some new hard hitting moves

late 90's i could see him slow down a bit, he incorperated more ridged styles to go along with a slightly 'lax' approach.. 'lax' as in not so speedy.. midtempo sort of speak

MID 90's I found him to be at his top in so many ways... Though HIStory was a great sucess, I think if that HBO special had been able to go forth.. OMG! it would have been the stand out concert of his life, as Bucharest is right now.. I think Sony would have released that on DVd prior to Dangerous.

I have to go with the Bad era. I like the Dangerous style dances too, but it was a little too static sometimes. I love the flow of the Bad era, and earlier :D

I agree he was a great dancer throughout his whole life, but it seems to me like fans just focus on the 80's and 90's, but forget that Michael had been a phenomenal dancer since the 70's. Just watch any of his performances with his brothers or look at "The Jacksons Variety" show. Michael did tap dancing, pop 'n' locking,etc. He was excellent since then. I think his dance moves became more creative in the 90's though, but I think his peak was from the 70's-The Mid 90's, but he's always been a great dancer all his life up until "This Is It".

THIS IS IT MOVIE showed off a wide array of his newer moves that he would pull off randomly, every time he kept dancing super fast and free stylin' I would start laughing. So I think he never had a peak but he mastered everything he previously used to do, and made it better. He was moving fast and doing all this crazy cool poppin and lockin and it was like a re-awakening. It was awesome but in terms of music video, I think 2 Bad and in the closet's dance break was awesome. I mean, it's too much awesome footage like when he battled Usher, but still he was best in THIS IS IT!!!

WHY DID THAT HAVE TO BE IT!!!???

Id say HIStory era. Between 1995 and 1996.

Id love to have seen more from 1999-2000 though. If he had done the new year concerts in 2000 that would have been incredible.

His Billie Jean performances on the HIStory tour were his best dancing.

His Billie Jean performances on the HIStory tour were his best dancing.

Your right there.

Billie Jean Bucharest 1996 is amazing. Its actually spot on. You wont see it done more perfectly than that.

I just wish the show wasnt ruined by the terrible terrible sound editing :|

Manila is awesome as well.

I've never actually seen that one.

I used to have four or five complete HIStory shows and on each one his dancing during the Billie Jean breakdown just blew me away. He was on fire back then. I'd never felt so excited watching someone dance before and I probably never will be that impressed by anyones dancing ever again.

I've never actually seen that one.

I used to have four or five complete HIStory shows and on each one his dancing during the Billie Jean breakdown just blew me away. He was on fire back then. I'd never felt so excited watching someone dance before and I probably never will be that impressed by anyones dancing ever again.

Same! I am just happy I lived while Michael was here!

You havent seen Bucharest or Manila? Both are excellent.

All of the HIStory shows I've seen are from 1997. I used to have Munich, Gothenburg and Sweden on VHS.

I really need to get one of the bootleg DVD's that are kicking around.... Which is the best show, in terms of performance and quality of the picture?

All of the HIStory shows I've seen are from 1997. I used to have Munich, Gothenburg and Sweden on VHS.

I really need to get one of the bootleg DVD's that are kicking around.... Which is the best show, in terms of performance and quality of the picture?

From the 1st leg?

Well the best quality version is Auckland. Orange TV version.

In terms of overall performance I would say Brunei is the best. However the quality is not so good. It was extremely rare and none of us had it up until the start of this year. As well as the Royal Concert from Brunei.

So if your looking for quality the its Auckland.

If your looking for the best performance then id have to say Brunei. :)

From the 1st leg?

Well the best quality version is Auckland. Orange TV version.

In terms of overall performance I would say Brunei is the best. However the quality is not so good. It was extremely rare and none of us had it up until the start of this year. As well as the Royal Concert from Brunei.

So if your looking for quality the its Auckland.

If your looking for the best performance then id have to say Brunei. :)

I'm a bit dumb when it comes to downloading and torrents and all that shit.

Is there a DVD boot circulating of these shows???

Yes, it can be easily found is you`re familiar with torrents.. :)

The orange version also had a very nice bass with deep impact during the Billie Jean end routine... when you turn ur stereo way up, the 'dun dun dun dund und un tsj tsj tsj dun dun dun' feels awesome, you should get it ;)

I'm a bit dumb when it comes to downloading and torrents and all that shit.

Is there a DVD boot circulating of these shows???

Go to the 2000 watts section here. Theres tons of shows, and they are quite easy to download.

Back