MJ's dance at the BET with James Brown

BONGANI

Proud Member
I dont know how many times I've watched that part, as short as it is, its much better than anything MJ did on MSG or on The VMA'S with N SYNC. You can see when MJ is healthy and enjoying himself it just shows, from the facial expresions to the overall movement. Lol Plus its something us MJ fans are not used to seeing him dance with that long straight hair.:D

I love it when he grabs the mike and sings: "Ya know it.. hee!" While doing vigorous pelvic thrusts into the microphome stand.:clapping::wild:

I agree, it's amazing!!! :yes: ... and the outfit :wub: sexy!!!

Yes.. I wish the duration of that moment was longer though.. He danced very energetic.. :D

I agree his movements just looked so fast and so fluid....and just think that was the last time most anyone has really seen him dance. Not only the dancing, but he also just looked very healthy and energetic at that moment...much more so than in 2001.

Oh I've watched that countless times...He's just full of energy!
And I agree about the hair, we're not used to it on stage lol

I agree wtih all of you!!! For some reason, I think that particular moment will stand out in alot of MJ fans' minds. It was just a great moment alltogether! The combination of the "teacher" and the "apprentice turned master" both on stage. I wish so much that the moment could have lasted longer though, and also that more people could have seen it. If a moment like that happened at the Grammies.......the whole world would have been talking about it!

I also wish I could have seen it live! I had to find it ou YouTube.......go figure!

...........*going to watch video for 1000th time*

Michael Jackson and James Brown on the same stage?!!

That was the single greatest moment in music/entertainment history.

Last edited:
I forgot all about that. Man he looks good there! What a wonderful moment that was. I wonder if they did exchange numbers and talk more later on as they said.

Michael jackosn to me at the the surprise appearance VMA 2001 was moving faster with more energy than on the bet speacial appearance in my opinion but they were both good performances.

MJ @ BET awards 2003..

He sings "Lets get funky.. Hee"

that's what I hear anyways.. lol! I'm pretty sure that's what he sings.

Not 'you know it.. hee'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CUEd3VCO7y0&feature=related

This youtube version is not as clear (sound/video) as the real thing though.. If u put in ur tape u'll hear it better.

Last edited:
i loved both msg and the bet performance...i beg to differ about him performing as if he was not healthy at msg

i loved both msg and the bet performance...i beg to differ about him performing as if he was not healthy at msg

Look I aint gon lie, Michael did very well for somoeone who was suppsedly sick at MSG but if you clearly seen Michael do his thing, you couldtell that something was wrong on MSG. But him being the profesional that he is, non MJ fans couldnt tell the difference ,infact all of my friends LOVE MSG, but face it, that wasnt Michael as we know him, the REAL Michael emerged on at the BET Awards.:punk:

^^Yeah... in fact when I first saw it, as a rerun in 2004 (and I was starting out as a fan) I didn't see anything strange about the performance, I saw Mj doing his thang but looking back :unsure: lol he wasn't feeling well poor baby lol!

Anywayz yeah, the BET short dance was rockin!!!

^ well that's possible..

I just wrote what I heard..

It sounds more like that on here.. I have not put in my VHS to see how different it sounds there.

Yeah that was the surprise of a life time!
I know I was blew back when I saw MJ coming on stage with the JB cape.
And boy oh boy when he started to dance!!! :woohoo:

And he does say "Make it funky! Hee!" as he grabs the mic.
The whole segment was history in the making.

betjm1.jpg

Look I aint gon lie, Michael did very well for somoeone who was suppsedly sick at MSG but if you clearly seen Michael do his thing, you couldtell that something was wrong on MSG. But him being the profesional that he is, non MJ fans couldnt tell the difference ,infact all of my friends LOVE MSG, but face it, that wasnt Michael as we know him, the REAL Michael emerged on at the BET Awards.:punk:

hey...if u look closely at a spot, i'm sure ull see another spot if u want to. lol

if 'non MJ fans' couldn't see anything..there was nothing to see.

i always look closely at MJ..nothing wrong.

we are each entitled to our opinion though.

however...i don't study close enough to figure out what's wrong in life...i just don't have time for that.

Being a huge JB fan I love this part but I'm a bit frustrated because MJ could have danced a little more. But when it's not his own show he's always so shy. Look what he did on stage with him in 1983, it was the same:excellent but too short! Prince took at least 5 minutes for him...(ok this was too long lol)

Back