MJ's Birthday & Google

ForeverKOP

Proud Member
Remember last year when it was MJ's birthday, Google changed their logo for him? Well...I'm kinda ticked that they didn't do it this year :(. What makes this year and last year any different? It's still MJ's birthday on the 29th of August!
Maybe I just have the default settings up for Google...does anyone else see a special logo?

This one was from last year -
3867283941_4f08b9acf6.jpg

I see a black ribbon under googles logo. when I rest my mouse on it, it says hurricane Katrina.

Just like no channels are showing any stuff
yeah..its kind of a kick in the teeth aint it....like really....Michael deserves recognition on his Birthday. HE is the King of Pop.....and always will be.

There is alot going on around the world today honouring Michael. Just check out threads here in News & Happening, MJ Discussion and the Legacy Project Forum.

There is alot going on around the world today honouring Michael. Just check out threads here in News & Happening, MJ Discussion and the Legacy Project Forum.

Exactly, lets focus on the good today. :)

Remember last year when it was MJ's birthday, Google changed their logo for him? Well...I'm kinda ticked that they didn't do it this year :(. What makes this year and last year any different? It's still MJ's birthday on the 29th of August!
Maybe I just have the default settings up for Google...does anyone else see a special logo?

This one was from last year -
3867283941_4f08b9acf6.jpg

You can contact them. I did. I asked them if they forgot about MJ's birthday. If enough of us do that, then they won't forget next year!

Thank you for reminding us of the good. Michael is loved around the world indeed!!

Contact GOOGLE and remind them of MJ's B-DAY!

Last year there was an MJ logo commemorating MJ's b-day. This year there is none. I contacted them (when you go to google,there is a "contact us" right underneath the google search).

If enough of us say something, they may still have it on today, or won't forget next year!!

I simply asked: "Did you forget Aug 29 is MIchael Jackson's b-day?"

Thanks everyone!

I also saw that about Google and didn't like what they did. Well BET is showing The Wiz right now. Which I am not watching since I already have that movie on dvd. Before that it was Soul Train where they show the Jacksons performing on it. I had just taped it not that long ago. After The Wiz they will be showing both the 2009 and 2010 BET Awards. Though I wish it was the 2003 one instead. Where Michael was on that one. Instead these 2 where it is just tributes of him. But that is really the only channel that I have that is showing some MJ stuff. I so wish I had the Fuse channel so I could be watching that channel now.

Yeah i was looking forward to the google tribute because i thought it was cool of them to do it last year. It's nice of the to honor hurricane katrina too.

we have to remember the uniqueness of the Michael Jackson experience.among major stars, it transferred over to being led by fans, whereas all other entertainers' experience in history was led by the media. how wonderfully ironic, as it is fans who determine a star's status, not the media...as official as it, once again, ironically, is. there are media outlets doing tributes, and it's safe to say, it's because those outlets are going to get to see a lot of fans, and, get a lot of business. hot 92 Jamz in los angeles radio is hosting that 'How The West Was Won By Michael Jackson' event at the Autry, right now. so yes, there will be some outlets that won't recognize this day, along with those that will, as it always has been, but the fan led experience makes the Michael Jackson experience the biggest of them all.

Re: Contact GOOGLE and remind them of MJ's B-DAY!

Just like no channels are showing any stuff

You're kidding right? There are/were specials/tributes/movies on FUSE, TV Guide, TvOne, Centric, BET, etc. all day today.

As for the Google logo, I noticed they didn't change it as well. I guess they did it last year because he passed away and it was still being very hyped up. It was a nice logo though, I hope they bring it back sometime.

I contacted them (when you go to google,there is a "contact us" right underneath the google search).

If enough of us say something, they may still have it on today, or won't forget next year!!

I simply asked: "Did you forget Aug 29 is MIchael Jackson's b-day?"

Thanks everyone!

Hopefully they get the hint and take it into consideration. I'll contact them as well.

I saw the black ribbon at the bottom and I too had wishful thinking. I thought it was for Michael but when I put my mouse over it, I realized it wasn't.

Last edited:
It was a very nice gesture of Google to acknowlege MJ's birthday the way they did. They're a huge search engine and probably the most popular one around. How many other people would they do that for? Not too many that I can think of. It was nice of them to do it, they didn't have to do that in the first place and I didn't expect them to do it again.

I don't understand why some are upset.

If y'all have VH1 Soul, they're showing all the Jackson 5 and Jacksons performances... I LOVE IT... Most of it I watched on YT...but on TV Is AWESOME!

They're showing *Let me show you the way to go* Where They're all wearing blue... :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

VERY jealous of you Romi..... Very Jealous.

Would have been nice to see a Google MJ logo again today, for sure. I checked for one but it never happened. I was watching MJ stuff on TV all day though. Fuse had MJ videos and specials on for most of the entire weekend. Earlier tonight I watched the 30th Anniversary Special on TVOne in HD...it was awesome! And as I flipped through the guide there were other channels showing MJ stuff today. I was quite happy to be able to find MJ stuff on TV every time I turned it on over the weekend. It was very nice! :)

If y'all have VH1 Soul, they're showing all the Jackson 5 and Jacksons performances... I LOVE IT... Most of it I watched on YT...but on TV Is AWESOME!

They're showing *Let me show you the way to go* Where They're all wearing blue... :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Thankfully I have that channel. They are playing Michael's videos now. Liberian Girl is on right now! :wild: I like FUSE's "Remember His Time" but they play the same videos over and over. I like VH1 Soul. :yes: Like you said, they play Jackson performances as well. Very cool.

I Dont Have Digital Cable So Dont Get Them Channels. I Have Basic Analog N Worked Today. But Before Work Nuttin Was On.

I hadn't noticed the logo hadn't changed as I have mine so it is always the one for MJ that they had last year. :)

I watched Michael Jackson things on MTV,VH1,Centric,VH1 Soul,VH1 Classic,Fuse,E!,BET :D

:wub:
souldreamer7

Back