MJ's appearance/style never.......

SkyWalk

Proud Member
MJ's appearance/style never looks dated or old fashion from the Thriller era upto now....

I don’t know wether its because I see him in pics videos etc every day and I'm just used to it but when I look back and see other peoples look and style back in the 80's they look so dated and old fashion, but with Michael Jackson he looks in style, cool (especially the Bad tour). I think if you took the MJ of 1988 and put him into 2009 he would fit right in. I mean look at his hair it was soo cool back in the Thriller/Bad days’ compared to other artists hair (Bon-Jovi) lol, it just doesn't look old fashioned even today.

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? Basically what I think I’m tying to say is Michael Jackson was timeless in every way.

I know and I agree.

The best proof is that now that the media started to play his songs again it's mainly young folks who get hooked on his music. It's not just a nostalgia wave. I hear young people saying on YouTube: "wow, I never knew this guy was so great, this is fantastic, this is so cool". They never knew, because the media didn't really give his music (and not his problems) air time in the past 15 years or so. Now they do and today's kids like it! That's the best proof to me that his music is not dated.

Oops, I realize you were talking about the style and I agree with that too and that's because he did not follow but set trends and fashion back in the 80s.

Last edited:
Michael wore his jheri curl long after everyone else stopped. :lol: But no one thought twice about that because he just looked so damn cool with it.

I think it's partly because he has his own style. I mean look at the way he dressed during the HIStory/BOTDF period. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else dress like that.

Im soo suprised no fashion chain or store has took advantage of this and done a clothing range of Mj jackets or something

He had the best style in the world, his own style. I really love all his outfits though I dont have any of his. But i want!

That's one of the reasons I've always loved Michael. Few artists can be that timeless, both in music and style. Michael has been able to cross that barrier with flying colours. The outfits he was wearing in the 80s can easily be worn today. Smooth Criminal sounds like it could have been written yesterday. That's precisely why he'll continue to live on forever.

This thread makes me smile. :D
It's so true in everyway and I agree with everything all of you have said!
He got style, he got grace.:wub:
"I like the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress."

And don't get me started on that hair!
I love it when it's long and curly, with the jheri curl infront. I loved every style he wore it, but the curls were so unique and so Michael! I'm so happy we got to see them again, even though it was for the last time. :(

Yes! EXACTLY! He was just TIMELESS. Everything about him was just timeless. His clothes, style, music. EVERYTHING. Nothing got old.

That's one of the reasons I've always loved Michael. Few artists can be that timeless, both in music and style. Michael has been able to cross that barrier with flying colours. The outfits he was wearing in the 80s can easily be worn today. Smooth Criminal sounds like it could have been written yesterday. That's precisely why he'll continue to live on forever.

My friends think that Smooth Criminal has been written/recorder recently :D
and I'm not denying it :D :devil:

MJ's appearance/style never looks dated or old fashion from the Thriller era upto now....

I don’t know wether its because I see him in pics videos etc every day and I'm just used to it but when I look back and see other peoples look and style back in the 80's they look so dated and old fashion, but with Michael Jackson he looks in style, cool (especially the Bad tour). I think if you took the MJ of 1988 and put him into 2009 he would fit right in. I mean look at his hair it was soo cool back in the Thriller/Bad days’ compared to other artists hair (Bon-Jovi) lol, it just doesn't look old fashioned even today.

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? Basically what I think I’m tying to say is Michael Jackson was timeless in every way.

Agree, he was very cool and stylish. Amazing to think that others were singing/dressing/dancing like this around the same time as 'Thriller': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

:bugeyed:doh::D

It really is amazing how timeless it is, isn't it? I so agree with the smooth criminal thing, it could have been recorded last week and been just as hot. I'm AMAZED that it's from like '87, sounds so NOW. Same with Billie Jean, nothing dated about that song.

I WILL say that I thought the short pants should have retired a while ago, lol, but otherwise it was all amazing. I liked the short pants for billie jean in the tux, it was hot...otherwise though? meh, not my favorite look and it mananged to make him look short sometimes. In The Way You Make Me Feel, I'd swear he was all of 5'6, that's not an easy feat for someone almost 6'. Once he started having the sexy long pants in the Bad Era lie in Come Together, BAD, and Dirty Diana videos, he should have said au revoir to the flood pants.

the military jackets have always been the business though. Those will never go out, and I like the new Balmain Michael Jackson inspired ones

Michael wore his jheri curl long after everyone else stopped. :lol: But no one thought twice about that because he just looked so damn cool with it.

Uh huh. My friend started calling it spanish wavy, like the hair you buy at the beauty supply. :rofl:

Oh my god, HouseLove, your siggy is the hottest thing I've ever seen!!! *drool*

I've always loved his style. I hated the media during the trial who said that the suits he wore were ridiculous!

Agree, he was very cool and stylish. Amazing to think that others were singing/dressing/dancing like this around the same time as 'Thriller': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

:bugeyed:doh::D

LOL!:rofl: I haven't heard that song in so long, I used to listen to it when I was little.
And I don't think I've ever seen that film-clip hahaha!:rofl:

MJ is timeless! He was cool before 'cool' was cool...yanno!? LOL

I am only 20 so in a way I was born right in the middle of Michael's hay day, so I never got to experience the real Michael-mania! I never really got to become a fan until recent, really, because I was never exposed to him! He was never on TV, really never had a CD come out when I was in to buying CDs or even had a job to buy one myself...now I feel bad though that I didn't love him this much when he was alive! I'm sure if he was on TV or releasing new things when I was younger I would have been obsessed!! His music doesn't just relate to 'a generation'...it's made for all ages which is great! And his style is so uniquely his own it will never 'be out of style'. His style simply IS Michael Jackson. Anyone else who dressed like that would look a'fool but Michael looks AMAZING!!! He could definetly work what he wore =]

Back