MJJC Members/Bad 25 Premiere Guests Meet-Up - Leicester Square, London - Sunday 2nd Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrantia

Proud Member
Firstly, mods - I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate to post this thread in this sub-forum or Bad 25, so apologies if you feel it should be moved elsewhere!

As you'll probably be aware by now, Bad 25 launch is fast approaching and next weekend is the UK Premiere of Spike Lee's Bad 25 Documentary :clapping: See related threads:

Thanks to MJJC and Michael's estate, some members have been lucky enough to be added to the guest invite only list (myself included). Their usenames as follows:

MJJC Guest List
Congratulations

1 ~Lindsey~
2 Jesta
3 rish15
4 mystosis
5 StellaJackson
6 Amie Louise Landsborough
7 Lorraine
8 Love.him
9 Martin00
10 x_GoldenCherry_x
11 spoonie
12 Motsey
13 Seany
14 dmeht
15 KingandQueenofPop
16 ( guest)
18 ( guest)
19 ( guest)
20 ( guest)

Note: If any of the guests find they cannot attend, please contact Qbee ASAP before Aug 26th so that places can be offered to members that can.

I think in the spirit of the MJ/MJJ community, it would be lovely if the guests (and non-guests MJJC members) that would like to, could have a little meet-up before or after the premiere. Everybody's welcome! :yes:

So that being said, this thread is open to discuss that possibility. I guess that poses a few questions:

1. Who would be interested in meeting up?
  2. What time do you think would be best (before or after)?
  3. Would grabbing a bit to eat somewhere (for those that want to) be a good idea?

If you could leave your answers below, and discuss etc, I will then gather a list of names, times, exact spot to meet (though I think it's advisable we all meet in Leicester Square) etc. Also, maybe posting pics of those that are attending could help us all locate each other :cheeky:

Also, since there is a Q&A with Spike Lee after (not sure how assessable to us that will be), maybe we could gather some questions from forum members that they'd like to ask, on the behalf of MJJC?

Since this is happening next Sunday, if we could get the above arranged before Friday 31st - at the latest, so then everyone knows what's happening and they can arrange around their travel plans.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to seeing at least some of you, and the documentary is going to BAD! :woohoo: :imbad:seenuffin

Last edited:
:woohoo:
kermit.gif

I want to go!!!!! :cry: *big sigh*

Thank you Amie .. It would so be nice if you could meet up somewhere prior or after the show to celebrate Michael together.

I would love to meet up before the show and get to know my fellow MJ fans! Actually, I would also love to put together a mini-documentary about the event for everyone here at MJJC who couldn't go. It will show the excitement before and after the showing (there obviously won't be any footage of the showing due to copyright reasons) and I'll ask any willing fan questions about why they're a fan, what they thought about the film etc.

That sounds brilliant, Jesta! I'm planning to cover the event as much as possible too, so I'd gladly pass on any decent footage I may capture to you.

Why does everything happen in Europe? :p

Hope you all have an amazing time!

And Jesta, that documentary idea sounds great ;)

Why does everything happen in Europe? :p

Hope you all have an amazing time!

And Jesta, that documentary idea sounds great ;)

You got the IMMORTAL Tour premier in Canada, so we get the Bad 25 documentary. It's only fair :p And thanks :)

LOL you two! What time are you planning on arriving Jesta? I think I'm going to be lurking around the area from 11am onwards.

I wish i could've gone to this event too, but i can be there with you all spirit though :)

Hey everyone. Me and my friend James would be interested in a meet up after the documentary screening.

I think grabbing something to eat would be a good idea, just make sure it's not too expensive :p

just won tickets for the premiere and have a spare so if anyone wants to come send me a pm asap!

Whatever everyone decides to do I am sure I would be able to make it, I have a friend coming with me too so will need to ask her also. We were planning on going out after anyway as we haven't seen eachother for a while.

Can't wait to see you all :woohoo:

We'll all be seated together too ( all that got tickets from MJJC )
well I am assuming so but that's how it has been for other premier's MJJC had tickets for.

Hello! Sorry for the late reply, I've actually been away at an MJ birthday event in London funnily enough :) Yes me and Motsey would be up for meeting with you all before and after. We know a few fans who are coming who have managed to get tickets elsewhere so maybe we could all meet together?

Will keep an eye on this thread to see how things develop.

Very exciting times! ;)

I wish I could be with you all, but I will be with you in MJ spirit. Have a wonderful time and please share your experiences when you come back. I'm sending you all a MAJOR LOVE. :angel:

:ciao: It would be really great if we're all sitting together. I'm a tad nervous at the prospect of wandering down the red carpet (I presume that's how it will be) by myself :bugeyed. So it would be good if some of us could walk in together :yes:.

As I've mentioned, I will be in the area from 11am onwards. My normal haunt is Yates pub, which is a stone's throw from the Odeon (literally). It's ok for a drink and bite to eat (2 for 1 on meals etc).

- http://www.weareyates.co.uk/leicestersquare
- http://goo.gl/maps/ITrSe

So I don't know, maybe if people wanted to meet there before hand, for those that want to? If it all kicks off at 1ish, maybe between 12 - 12:30?

I haven't made any plans for afterwards, as not sure when will all end! But if we're all sitting with each other, I guess we can decide at that point? I'm going to be meeting my friend at some point to go and see Rock of Ages at 7pm.

In terms of not extortionate costing places to eat in Leicester Square for people:

http://www.garfunkels.co.uk/
http://www.angussteakhouse.co.uk/

And of course you have Burger King, McDonald's etc.

More the merrier :yes:

UPDATE _ LOOKS like no Red Carpet for the event due to counsel restrictions

Thank you for the names, everyone just needs to bring ID, no tickets will be given.

With regard to activities and red carpet outside the event I'm afraid there won't be
anything due to council restrictions.

UPDATE _ LOOKS like no Red Carpet for the event due to counsel restrictions

That's a shame. I'm guessing it's something to do with it being a Sunday...although I've attended West End Live in the middle of the square on a Sunday a few times, but I guess they have a special (expensive) permit for that.

Well Im sure there will still be a gathering of MJ fans in the area . Im not sure how strict they are though

Its possible we will be offered more seats - Stay tuned :) Ill let you know ASAP

So how have plans come along? I can meet up from 11 onwards, what do people think to meeting up outside the odeon at 11? Can't believe we will actually get to see this documentary on sunday. You can also follow me on twitter @dirtydiana17

Now those who went (in future) please make a list of what unseen footages are included there. And please let me know if there's included any footage of Michael singing MITM in studio. I'm not hoping that it's included there, however, if it is, that's AMAZING :)

MJJLatvia, yes we can maybe type spoilers about the documentary if members want to know the details before they see it themselves and keep the spoilers hidden for those who want to know a little about the documentary but not everything

Well, would be cool if you can PM me anyway. I don't mind spoilers, especially about MITM :D

Is anyone getting to the event via London Liverpool Street? Because that's where I will end up after my first train journey and I'd love to take the rest of the journey with an MJ fan! If anyone is, what times do you plan on arriving there?

Hey guys be sure to relay back to us the quality of the Wembley DVD concert footage in Spikes Doc. That wil be a guide on the quality of the Wembley DVD - Thanks

Have a Great Time

MJJLatvia, yes we can maybe type spoilers about the documentary if members want to know the details before they see it themselves and keep the spoilers hidden for those who want to know a little about the documentary but not everything

You can start a thread in the Bad 25 section with [Spoiler Alert] in the title. I'm pretty sure many people would love to know the details and a thread would be a lot more effective than PM'ing people.

You can start a thread in the Bad 25 section with [Spoiler Alert] in the title. I'm pretty sure many people would love to know the details and a thread would be a lot more effective than PM'ing people.

Consider it done! It will be a few hours after the documentary that I can update the forum on the details of the documentary- it will be a few hours until I get home. I will try and update the forum from my phone though. Maybe other members in the group will update before I do. We'll let you know everything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back