MJJC Meet Up - Celebrating Michael's Birthday! 29th Aug 2010

Beccabubbles

Proud Member
MJJC meet up to celebrate Michael's Birthday!

2hed9h1.png
michaeljacksonmichaelis.jpg

It's time to celebrate the day Michael came into this world to give us joy and love, to celebrate his genius in music and dance, to celebrate his life!

We will be celebrating with a day at THORPE PARK, a theme park dubbed the nations thrill capital!

http://www.thorpepark.com/

Please see link to the thread below for more information!
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94258

The park opens at 9.30am so we shall meet there outside the ticket booths at 8.30am, to buy the tickets at 9am and go in at 9.30am.

For anyone who cant be there at that time, i'll give you all my mobile number so you can text or me to see where we are.

We will have a second meet up point and time at 1pm where we will meet outside KFC (where else!!).

Hope to see you there!

Becca

xxx

Last edited:
Will definetely try and be there but there's no way your getting me on any of the roller coasters :p lol (have a slight phobia of them :$)

lol thanks for that :$ but it'll be cool to meet everyone for sure I may go on a couple but the reason being is after a bad experience on a fairground ferris wheel that turned upside down when it got to the top and I nearly fell out a couple of times :(

Will definetely try and be there but there's no way your getting me on any of the roller coasters :p lol (have a slight phobia of them :$)

I dont blame u for hating roller coasters, i do too!

I dont blame u for hating roller coasters, i do too!
same here. do understand that feeling...:bugeyed

is there something else planned for those who are afraid of roller coasters & co? not especially at the thorpe park but in london? gonna be there with some friends for 2 days and we wanted to do some mike-stuff like mj-party or fan meeting on the 29th... hope u can help!

Last edited:
Hi Becca,

It would be nice to be there after the candle lighting we had in June. However, I will spend his birthday by visiting his exhibition at the Grammy Museum on that day. I will be thinking of you guys though and hope we meet up again. I hope I meet some fans at the museum on his birthday as well.

why does it has to be in THORPE PARK. this place is nice. but most of the people won t be able to afford or travel that far. Once again only 20 peoples will be there. If you do a meet up in Hyde park it s free and easy to go to, then you ll have chance to see more people. Just my opinion...

why does it has to be in THORPE PARK. this place is nice. but most of the people won t be able to afford or travel that far. Once again only 20 peoples will be there. If you do a meet up in Hyde park it s free and easy to go to, then you ll have chance to see more people. Just my opinion...

I don't understand...nobody is forcing anybody to come. People are free to arrange a meet up in Hyde Park or wherever they wish. But a group have decided to go and invite anybody who would like to come. It's not about getting loads of people to come, even if 5 people showed up it would still be a lovely day celebrating Michael's birthday.

Not that I should even have to explain that...

There have been meet ups in London, many times! The last one was in St James Park :)

Obviously, THORPE PARK will not suit everybody, but then this will always be the case where ever we are!
Please feel free to arrange a meet up in the Fan Gatherings and Events section:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182
This is where lots of people go to arrange meet ups, and like you said, i'm sure there are people that won't be able to make it for one reason or another. You could arrange one in Hyde Park, a picnic party or something sounds great :)

We chose THORPE PARK because we wanted to celebrate a little differently this time round and come together in a place built for fun :)
I will of course in future be doing more meet ups in the London area, and I have many plans for the future for meet ups all over the UK!

What ever you choose to do on Michaels Birthday, I hope you enjoy celebrating :)

Becca
x :) x

Its Michael's birthday and we need to spend it celebrating the day he came into this world. It doesnt matter how anyone celebrates it. Thorpe Park is a great idea as its just outside London and Michael loves theme parks, it just seems apt. There are plenty of meet ups in London that day anyway. August 29th is about Michael.

i will not be able to be on the site when you all celebrate MJJs birthday because i will be celebrating it in my own way

The park opens at 9.30am so we shall meet there outside the ticket booths at 8.30am, to buy the tickets at 9am and go in at 9.30am.

For anyone who cant be there at that time, i'll give you all my mobile number so you can text or me to see where we are.

We will have a second meet up point and time at 1pm where we will meet outside KFC (where else!!).

Back