MJJC Flowers for Michael – "Remembering Michael, show that we love him and thank him for the music"

ivy

Proud Member
As you all know in the last few weeks we experienced quite a turmoil in our community – we picked sides and campaigned for it, we argued, we insulted one another.

And while doing all these we got blinded and couldn’t see the bigger picture - we forgot why we are here, we forgot who brought us together, we forgot our common ground, we forgot our biggest love.

It’s the time to remember the most important person – MICHAEL. It’s time for us to come together despite our differences and show our united love for MICHAEL.

As MJJC we came up with an idea that we hope that every single member can agree upon – sending flowers to Michael at Forest Lawn on or around December 14th. It’s a way of remembering Michael, show that we love him and thank him for the music.

We realize that with the holidays and all the new Michael related released money can be tight for many people but hopefully you can spare a few bucks for this little idea. Or if you decided that you will not buy the upcoming album perhaps you can spend that money on flowers for Michael.

If we have your support and go along with this project, we will be combining forces with “Sunflowers for Michael” group. As MJJC we will be sponsoring a delivery of flowers (2 large arrangements that consists of sunflowers and flowers of our choice) and also send cards/booklet of our messages. We expect the cost to be around $300.

As MJJC team we are starting this thread to get your opinions about our idea and to see that if you’ll be willing to support it financially. We’ll need to do this quick if we decide to go along with it. I will really appreciate if you can write your opinions and tell me (as a private message) how much you can donate (of course if you’re planning to participate).

Important note: I’d like to make it clear that this is a separate thing outside the donations for MJJC costs. It means that next month we’ll have another donation drive for the monthly cost of MJJC and we will use all the money we collected for this project on flowers for Michael.

Happy to participate...pms have never worked for me (my fault, I expect) , just advise where / how you would like the donation (Paypal seems easiest??)

thank you all for your interest and feedback. I'll keep you updated.

THank you so much for doing this just for Michael and just because we love him and miss him so much. Not because of Xmas, not because of Bdays, not because of any other external thing/date, but only because of him. This is something I totally support.

Please count on me!! :flowers:

And if I could make a suggestion... if possible... couldn't we add flowers that are NOT sunflowers? yes, yes, I know the reason of the sunflowers but in a way... we can make a difference every now and then.... maybe.... :ninja:

it will be a combination of sunflowers and flowers of our choice.

Count me in! Please let me know where to donate for this! :)

I thought I'd 'lost ' this thread after being away for a couple of days...does it need a bump or a sticky perhaps?

Any more news of how to donate yet? Just wondering and hoping I haven't missed this.

I might have missed it as well, but where do we donate?

Back