MJ would have been in South Africa today for sure!

Stranger

Proud Member
I really felt his absence today as the World Cup begins in South Africa. Michael always said it was one of his favourite places and that he'd love to live there one day. He was also a fan of Nelson Mandela and visited him several times. That's why I feel that despite not being a football fan, he'd definitely have made the trip to see the Opening Ceremony and attend a few events or maybe just take the kids to resturants etc so they can experience the national pride and atmosphere. :yes:

What do you guys think?

I watched the opening ceremony yesterday and I thought the costume of that guy from Black Eyed Peas was an MJ rip-off. (Ornamented millitary jacket with armband)

I watched the opening ceremony yesterday and I thought the costume of that guy from Black Eyed Peas was an MJ rip-off. (Ornamented millitary jacket with armband)

Ever thought that could've been a tribute? He did work with Michael after all.

Nelson Mandela isn't even attending now, as his great granddaughter has died in a car crash.
Ninety-two-year-old Mandela was set to make a rare appearance at the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening celebrations but will no longer attend the festivities out of respect for his great-granddaughter. People on Twitter are tweeting about the news saying, "Nelson Mandela will not attend opening ceremonies of World Cup after death of great-grandchild."
Three british citizens also died in the crash :(

Nelson Mandela isn't even attending now, as his great granddaughter has died in a car crash.

thats just terrible....I pray for Mr.Mandela's loss..:pray:

Michael would have surely been there im sure, Michael would still be high from his concerts that im sure would still be ongoing some place in the world.
New single perhaps ... maybe ? who knows what could have been :(

I saw it today, I don't have a problem with that..on the contrary, I think its nice that so many artists copy his style.. he is the master after all, the one and only king. everyone influenced by him in one way or another.

Sad.

Yes the tragic events are very sad....I also watched the opening today and when RKelly came out, I just felt MJ's absence so much. And I kept thinking, MJ would have loved this! All the african dancing and the messages etc.

I miss him

Michael would definately have found a way to send his condolenses to Nelson especially folowing his tragic loss of his grand daughter. :(

Three british citizens also died in the crash
that was a different crash a couple of days ago.

found it really depressing watching some of the opening ceremony.thinking exactly the same mj would have been there.or he should at least be sat at home watching it and smiling (well he prob wouldnt have gone but u know what i mean) but it was the best chance of him attending such a thing with it being in S.A. look at r .kelly and replace him with mj.

obviously a tribute from will i am. hoping there might be some mj moments during the event

20axj5w.jpg

from the world cup thread in gen discussion. is it from the concert last night?

This makes me wonder if Michael ever watched a World Cup game lol! I remember some rumours early last year that the organisers were hoping to get Michael involved with performing at the ceremony, writing a song etc but I think they were just rumours. Michael performing at todays ceremony would have been amazing though, especially in South Africa.

This makes me wonder if Michael ever watched a World Cup game lol! I remember some rumours early last year that the organisers were hoping to get Michael involved with performing at the ceremony, writing a song etc but I think they were just rumours. Michael performing at todays ceremony would have been amazing though, especially in South Africa.

yeah I wonder that too if ever watched a Soccer game and actually enjoyed it... lol :lol: who knows?

he went to a game when in london back in 99 mo fayed owns fulham and he took mj to a game. mj looked bored like he didnt have a clue as to what was happening lol

oh yeah I remember that too lol he was also an honorary director of Exeter city football club..I don’t think he cared about football that much lol

I dont think its fair to say where MJ would have been or not. Some fans could swear that MJ would would be appearing at a Superbowl etc and time agter time, MJ didnt appear. So I think these assumptions are not fair however I can see this happening forever.

lol Michael not really into sports so we cant blame him.. ^^ I'm not that much into football either but there's something about World Cup and other big sports event like Olympic. They bring people united together.

I thought the exact same elusive...replace RK with MJ...can you imagine how everyone would have reacted? And it could have happened as well, since MJ would have finished his shows in London and therefore would have been more open to performing. He would have felt more confident and assured.

Back