MJ,The News & Me

GinnyJackson

Proud Member
I have gotten yahoo alerts that suggest things like we are over looking Michael's Dark side. We know he had a past. We know he wasn't perfect. I hate what i see. I hate the news painting fans as mindless zombies following him. We know why we are fans, we know why we stood by him, we know why we do the things we do. We are aware of what has happened in his past but we don't care because we now know the truth. We knew the truth then. The news hates that we were right about Michael. The following is what i got. Yes im sharing my email with you because I think as a fan that people need to stand up and be heard. Michael Jackson was a wonderful man who loved life and loved everyone. The world has lost one of the people that truly cared about everyone and everything. "You don't know what you got till its gone!"

========================================================

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Quincy Jones: Jackson will be remembered for the music
Chicago Tribune [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:59 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
Like the world, last week I was devastated by the news that Michael Jackson had unexpectedly left the room. This blessed artist commanded the stage with the grace of an antelope, shattered recording industry records and broke down cultural boundaries around the world; yet he remained the gentlest of souls. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Fans overlook Michael Jackson's dark side (Reuters)
Yahoo!7 Entertainment News [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:53 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Just as people choose to forget that Elvis Presley was a bloated drug addict when he died, so Michael Jackson is now the subject of posthumous veneration that overlooks the dark side of his life. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Michael Jackson's video nasty
News Of The World [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:51 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
A SHOCK video of Michael Jackson defending himself as he is quizzed over child abuse allegations has been uncovered by the News of the World. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] FOX News Gets Inside Look at Neverland Ranch
Fox News [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:49 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
Some highlights and fun facts from tour of Michael Jackson's Neverland [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Anesthesiologists highlight Diprivan risks
UPI [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:43 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
CHICAGO, July 4 (UPI) -- The American Society of Anesthesiologists said Saturday the prescription drug Diprivan, linked to the late U.S. singer Michael Jackson, can be risky to take. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Jackson memorial: 17,500 free tickets
The Hollywood Reporter [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:36 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
Organizers of Tuesday's elaborate Michael Jackson memorial are giving away 17,500 tickets but have yet to set the program for the event. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Essence, artists remember Michael Jackson
ABC 26 New Orleans [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:32 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The opening night of the Essence Music Festival was all about music and remembering Michael Jackson. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Detroit museum to show Jackson memorial broadcast
NBC 24 Toledo [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:23 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit plans to open its doors Tuesday to show a broadcast of the public memorial for Michael Jackson in Los Angeles. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Thousands claim tickets for Jackson's memorial
CTV British Columbia [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:22 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
Thousands of Michael Jackson fans have applied for free tickets to the King of Pop's memorial service, while more fans continue to mourn at his Neverland Ranch -- despite reports that the singer will be buried elsewhere. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Today from VOA:
Voice of America [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sat, 04 Jul 2009 11:21 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
Prescription drugs are suspected as a cause in Michael Jackson's death. If the autopsy's toxicology report confirms that suspicion, Jackson would be just one of many who fall victim to prescription drug abuse. [/SIZE][/FONT]

I want to know what YOU think Honestly think of these stories.

I know what you mean. I recently posted something about this after watching 48 Hours because Katie Couric said something about Michael's fans "overlooking his dark side", and it really upset me. As I said then, we did not overlook anything. We knew him better than any of them did, and that is because we tried to know him. We knew he was a person, one who had feelings, made mistakes, got hurt, etc. We understood him because we tried to understand him, and they just tried to make him look bad. During the trial, we didn't overlook anything. We looked into everything, harder than they did. I wish they would have done like we did then. We knew he was innocent, we believed in him, and we loved him. We loved him as a person and as an artist, and that is why we have been so upset. They don't understand, and they never will.

Back