MJ - the most video-documented person on the planet?

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Seeing all the footage found here and on youtube (and still more popping up again and again), I do wonder if half of Michael's life was taped. :bugeyed

Do you think there's a person whose time on earth is actually more video-taped than Michael's? I can't think of any.

Maybe this is another possibility to get him a new record in the Guinness book. :smilerolleyes:

Maybe this is another possibility to get him a new record in the Guinness book. :smilerolleyes:
That's not something that can be proven. A person could be filmed a lot and the footage might not be released to the public. Besides you're only looking for Mike, and not other people, so of course you're going to find much footage on him, lol.

You seriously think there's as much footage of say Whitney or Madonna? :smilerolleyes:

No, certainly not Madonna or Whitney, since they were both adults when they became famous.

But then again, Lady D and Michael were said to be the most famous and the most photographed people on the planet.

How about the Queen? She's been around for a very long period.

You seriously think there's as much footage of say Whitney or Madonna? :smilerolleyes:
Apparently you're limited to singers only. There's other people in the world like Muhammad Ali, Princess Diana, Nelson Mandella, Hitler, etc. Still whoever it is, it can't be proven.

yeah sure, that's why I was asking. I'm just asking you whether you know of another person who even tops MJ regarding this.

I think Michael is the most documented person on our planet.

of course, there are many people known from history, but as for the new technologies.... I personally believe that Michael is the most documented person - globally!!!!

Its not only about the books, or articles... but generally - the audio-visual documentation (of the 20th and 21st centuries - globally)!!!

Did you also think in earlier years that footage of Michael is very rare?

In the nineties I thought Oprah was the only interview Michael ever did :smilerolleyes: :D.

Well the Queen and Princess Diana are royalty so they go to places where cameras are not allowed. That all changed for Diana when she divorced Charles. But we don't have much footage of Diana as a child!!!!!!

With Michael, people in every corner of the World knows who he is so everywhere he goes, people take pictures and videos of him!!!!

......Add that to the fact that since Michael got famous, there wasn't a time when he wasn't relevant for media to photograph him.

......Add that to the countless fans and the general public who have taken vids and pics of him in the public places.

......Add that to the official footage i.e. Music Videos, Performances, TV appearances, Award Ceremonies, Films, Interviews, etc.

......Add that to Michael's personal home videos.

......And as a Bonus....Think of all the footage that has yet to be released i.e. Unreleased Music Videos, Behind the Scenes, In the Studios, Extra bits of This Is It, etc.

......So in my estimation, Michael is the most video documented person that has ever lived!!!!!!!!!

... and... the cases and the trial..., there has never been other person on this planet who would be more documented as for private life like MJs.... , nobody!
(I remember the victorious day on June 13, MJ´s vindication was broadcast EVERYWHERE LIVE!!! It was a very symbolic victorious day, Michael was globally liberated from the myth and acquitted with honour.)

I spend hours on YouTube finding all kind of short interviews I knew nothing about. I love his speaking tone and choice of words he uses. I learn new words all the time that way.

I surely think so.

Even when he was at home there were cameras, as we see from PHM. He had cameras all the time, even when he was at neverland, hotels, backstage.

And when he was out and about there were 100s of papparazzis and fans.

i would think he is, too.

i'd love to get into his private library of photos and videos. Black or White Mag was talking about having been given access to MJJ Production archives to personally select photos for their mag, and he had hundreds - or did they say thousands - of files.

(sigh) i want to go there for a vacation...seriously.

I spend hours on YouTube finding all kind of short interviews I knew nothing about. I love his speaking tone and choice of words he uses. I learn new words all the time that way.

Good to know I'm not the only one :lol:

But on topic, yes I do think he's the most video-documented person on the planet. I can't think of anyone who has been in the spotlight from early childhood until death (unlike e.g. Princess Diana who was only documented once she started dating Prince Charles) to the extent Michael was, and in the modern video era (unlike e.g. Hitler who became 'famous' at a time when video as a medium wasn't nearly as developed as it is now). Plus there have been certain events in Michael's life (I'm sure I don't have to elaborate on this) that have generated huge media attention. So yeah, I'd say he probably is the most video-documented person ever. Whether he is the most documented person in general (considering all media) I'm not sure though...

Back