MJ: The Experience (PS3): Can Anyone Actually Play This Thing!?

adamschoales

Proud Member
I just recently bought the MJ Experience for my PS3 at a Blockbuster closing sale. The idea of it seemed fun and it was half off so I figured why not?

I kind of want my money back. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are great, and the game sounds fantastic but CAN ANYONE ACTUALLY PLAY THIS DAMN THING!?

I've played games like just dance on the wii before and haven't had much trouble at all. With this thing though I'm lucky if I can even get one star! I'm not the worlds greatest dancer but lets face it, this is mostly about shaking your hand in time and copying on screen bubbles... but even that doesn't seem to do it for this. Sometimes I get perfect for not moving at all! I can see that I'm timing my moves to be in time with what both the bubbles say and even with the on screen dancer and I'm still only getting "Okay". I think I got the "gold move" once, despite doing it exactly in time with the on screen dancer.

So what the heck am I doing wrong? I read a few reviews which seem to echo these sentiments leaving me to believe that this game just plain stinks when it comes to its controls/calibration (which is to say there is NO calibration). Most Move games make me calibrate before playing, not this one.

I guess maybe once you finally figure out all the choreo and memorize it you MIGHT be able to get better but even then, when it was simply moving my arm up and down repeatedly it never registered it properly. Heck, the dance I scored BEST on was Thriller which is supposed to be the hardest one in the game. One of the easiest ones however I didn't even get one star.

Overall I'm supremely dissapointed.

Does anyone know how to ACTUALLY play this darn thing? Cause at this point I'm fed up...

Back