MJ´s original Bad album tracklist

Mr. Norway

Proud Member
I´ve read somewhere that MJ originally wanted to release the Bad album as a 3 cd-set containing all 33(?) songs he had recorded during the sessions, but Quincy persuaded him to cut it down to 10 (+1) and one single album. And I see no reason why this should not be true. However, this keeps me wondering if the full tracklist with all the 33 songs have ever been published? We could try to guess which songs that could be on it and see how many we get. Let´s start with the easy ones:

Bad
TWYMMF
Speed demon
Liberian Girl
Just good friends
Another part of me
Man in the mirror
IJCSLY
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave me alone
Streetwalker
Fly away
Cheater
Al Capone

Don´t remember any other at the moment but you are very welcome to fill in.

I don't think Al Capone would have been included because that evolved into Smooth Criminal.

* Buffalo Bill
* Get Into The Groove (although this song evolved into Black Or White)
* Hot Fever (evolved into The Way You Make Me Feel)
* Stay (not the Cascio version, another version)
* The Price Of Fame
* Throwin' Your Life Away
* Tomboy
* What You Do To Me

I'd love some Bad era outakes to come out, we've had none so far except from Fly Away, Cheater and Streetwalker :(

I don't think Al Capone would have been included because that evolved into Smooth Criminal.

* Buffalo Bill
* The Price Of Fame
* Tomboy
* What You Do To Me

Yes, you are absolutely right about Al Capone. That one would def not have been included. And I doubt Get Into The Groove, too, for the obvious reason you said, that it may not have been fully developed yet. The others may very well have been on the album. Others??

Deniro UK;3293914 said:
I'd love some Bad era outakes to come out, we've had none so far except from Fly Away, Cheater and Streetwalker :(

- Yes, I think all MJ fans would love some Bad outtakes. And keep in mind that Cheater was only a demo; and a brilliant one that is. So I´m definately curious to hear the complete studio version of Cheater. Because you think he recorded a full version??

PS! We all know MJ recorded adult versions of I want you back, The love you save and Never can say goodbye for his Decade album. But maybe those, Strawberry fields forever and Come Together may have been contenders for Bad as well?? Or was it maybe a little too early?? (Not Come Together, though)

AndreyZidane™;3294830 said:
What about "Don't Be Messin' Around"? Sounds like something he was working on durring the Bad sessions.

- Was it, are you sure? Isn´t that the song Bruce Swedien said was his favourite MJ song ever, on which MJ played the piano? I believe it is. But I don´t remember him saying anuthing about which era the song is from. So it could definately be from the Bad sessions. I don´t have "For The Record" here with me, so can anybody who has it check it out please??

* Buffalo Bill
* The Price Of Fame
* Tomboy
* What You Do To Me

It was "Chicago 1945" wich evolved into "Smooth Criminal", wasn't it?

And some other songs wich failed the BAD album

Crack Kills - with Run Dmc
Scared Of The Moon - written in 1985

and probably

Men In Black - wich was intended afterwords for the "Decade 1980-90" album

claudiadoina;3294975 said:

and probably

- I thought Men In Black was written ca 1990 but I´m not 100 % sure. That´s why it would be nice if someone could check For The Record, cos´ I don´t have it here.

and probably

Chicago 45 eveolved into Al Capone, which in turn evolved into Smooth Criminal :)
You're right, Crack Kills was also considered for the BAD album.
I don't know about Men In Black, it was definitely considered for the 'Decade' album but I'm not sure when it was written or recorded.
Are you sure Scared Of The Moon was written in 1985?

Chicago 45 eveolved into Al Capone, which in turn evolved into Smooth Criminal :)
You're right, Crack Kills was also considered for the BAD album.
I don't know about Men In Black, it was definitely considered for the 'Decade' album but I'm not sure when it was written or recorded.
Are you sure Scared Of The Moon was written in 1985?

According to FOR THE RECORD yes Scared Of The Moon was written in circa 1985, nothing about Men In Black though.I'm maybe wrong on this.

IT's a very good book but if you want to purchase it make sure it is the 2nd (2009)edition revised and expended.

product description on amazon:
"As well as detailing the hundreds of songs Michael was involved with over the years, solo and with his brothers, the second editions also focuses on the King of Pop's albums, his home videos, his films and short films, his books and his chart successes, and it includes complete USA & UK discographies."

It is actually a dictionary where you can find all the songs in alphabetical order with more informations.

IT's a very good book but if you want to purchase it make sure it is the 2nd (2009)edition revised and expended.

"As well as detailing the hundreds of songs Michael was involved with over the years, solo and with his brothers, the second editions also focuses on the King of Pop's albums, his home videos, his films and short films, his books and his chart successes, and it includes complete USA & UK discographies."

It is actually a dictionary where you can find all the songs in alphabetical order with more informations.

Yes! Definitely a good read...Well, more of a reference...Highly recommended ;)

Thanks, sounds really good! :D
I'm gonna buy it from Amazon :)

claudiadoina;3295085 said:

- Claudiadoina: I absolutely agree it´s a great book but I only have the first edition and not the last one. I am very much interested in getting the second one but do you think there will be a third, and maybe final, edition considering everything that´s happened after his passing with the Michael album, Cascio tracks and rumoured unreleased music that may not appear in the second edition?

Back