MJ Planned Spanish TII Extention

This Is It

Proud Member
We wondered where the extention of TII would go after the O2 as it transitioned from a 50-date residency to a world tour. We heard the US, Mumbai, France... But it was going to be Madrid. He agreed it on the 24th June - just a day before.

I was just reading a new article about Rob Hallett, the man behind the O2. Here's a snippet -

Hallett saw Jackson three weeks before he died. “Michael was excited, he was enthused, fit. The day before he died we agreed, ‘Spain’s a bit depressed, so let’s go to Madrid after the O2’. He was driving home when someone called and asked, ‘Have you heard the news?’ I got drunk for three days.”

We wondered where the extention of TII would go after the O2 as it transitioned from a 50-date residency to a world tour. We heard the US, Mumbai, France... But it was going to be Madrid. He agreed it on the 24th June - just a day before.

I was just reading a new article about Rob Hallett, the man behind the O2. Here's a snippet -

Hallett saw Jackson three weeks before he died. “Michael was excited, he was enthused, fit. The day before he died we agreed, ‘Spain’s a bit depressed, so let’s go to Madrid after the O2’. He was driving home when someone called and asked, ‘Have you heard the news?’ I got drunk for three days.”

WHAT????
:eek:

Really??

The guy who runs the O2 (and therefore works for AEG, as they own it), who was behind the shows, says so.

This guy may jsut be looking for his 15 minutes of fame too..IDk if Michael would of discussed these details with him....If Kenny didnt mention it ...it may not be tue...But it would of been nice for the fans in Madrid..

True or not, it's another reminder that Michael was full of life and had so many things planned. He was finally returning on stage, his favourite place on earth, when suddenly everything was ruined. :(

True or not, it's another reminder that Michael was full of life and had so many things planned. He was finally returning on stage, his favourite place on earth, when suddenly everything was ruined. :(

Very true :yes:

Yes.... awww :(

The chances are that it would of been the biggest World Tour of all time as he wanted as many people as possible to see his final and greatest performing Masterpiece!!!.....

......That's why he then decided to do 50 instead of 10 London o2 concerts!!!!!

:( Mike had GREAT things planned.

Kenny did say they were planning to take the tour to Africa, India, Japan, Asia (Tokyo & Mumbai) and the U.S. Basically hitting every continent. So I have to wonder at MJ wanting to tour in another place in Europe (Spain) after already doing 50 in Europe (London). Still, it makes me think of the Spanish fans in LWMJ saying 'you haven't been to Spain in a long time Michael.' Perhaps only 10 shows?

Thanks for sharing the article snippet with us 'This Is It.'

Back