MJ planned Australian tour

mkgenie

Proud Member
KING of pop Michael Jackson had been planning an Australian tour on the eve of his death, it has been revealed.

Jackson’s drummer and close friend of 30 years Jonathan Moffett has revealed Jackson planned to take his ill-fated This Is It tour around the world with Australia, and Melbourne, part of his plans.

“About a week before he died we all had our contracts extended by a couple of years,” Moffett said.

“Michael told us we had five years to change the world. So after we did a year or so at the O2 arena in London we planned to bring the show on the road.”

Moffett, who has also drummed for Madonna, Elton John, Janet Jackson and the Jackson 5, arrives in Melbourne today for an appearance at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre this weekend.

He joins KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick, Kate Cebrano and James Morrison for the Australian International Music Show.

In a world first, Moffett said he would play a collection of Jackson hits for the first time since the star’s death.

“I have 10 tracks that we were going to play during the This Is It Tour, and I will be playing through those tracks just like we would have in concert,” he said.

“It’s a dedication to Michael. He's like family to me, I spent more than half of my life with him.

“I saw him the night before he died at rehearsals and he was great…I just remember how happy he was.

“After that I needed time to mourn, I miss him so much. But I’ve realised now I want to play his music forever, it brings me so much joy and brings back so many memories,” he said.

Moffett, who keeps in regular contact with the entire Jackson family and still works musically with siblings Janet and Germaine, said it took him a long time to accept the star had died.

“At one point I couldn’t accept it was a reality. How could he not be here? He is invincible to me.”

“But now it’s time to celebrate his life, legacy, and contribution to music.”

Moffett said there was still talk of taking the This Is It tour around the world.

“The entire set is sitting in a warehouse somewhere ready to go, it’s just a matter of figuring out how best to do it.”

He said various concepts had been discussed, but they all included the entire cast of the original show, including Australian guitarist Orianthi Pnagaris.

“Whether we get some big name artists to sing, or Michael impersonators, or use a mix of video technology and holograms, there are plans to take the show on the road.”

Until then Moffett said he was looking forward to a series of workshops and clinics at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre this weekend.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/*****-planned-australian-tour/story-e6frf96f-1225932629224

He had such big plans coming up.

He was Gone wayyy too soon! :(

:cry: he was full of life and had so many plans for the future...:cry::cry::cry:

Thank you for sharing this info.

I'm wondering how much Michael had the strenght to change the world...
No one could have as much as he had.

From what everyone has said it seems the rumour that Michael wanted to take TII around the world is 100% true. It would have been amazing :cry:

Omg :(

Wait...Did i reid right? Is the stage somewhere and they are making a hologram of mj so they can tour? This Is Great News To Me:wild:

Last edited:
mkgenie;3002373 said:
Moffett said there was still talk of taking the This Is It tour around the world.

“The entire set is sitting in a warehouse somewhere ready to go, it’s just a matter of figuring out how best to do it.”

He said various concepts had been discussed, but they all included the entire cast of the original show, including Australian guitarist Orianthi Pnagaris.

“Whether we get some big name artists to sing, or Michael impersonators, or use a mix of video technology and holograms, there are plans to take the show on the road.”

Until then Moffett said he was looking forward to a series of workshops and clinics at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre this weekend.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/*****-planned-australian-tour/story-e6frf96f-1225932629224

Bunch of opportunists.

Thank you for sharing this info.

I'm wondering how much Michael had the strenght to change the world...
No one could have as much as he had.

He would have done his BEST and that is what is important.

^^ And i would of flown over. shit that would of been awesome - even more so if he had of come to NZ. But we'll never know

I just cant see how this is it would work without mj........:(

oh my goodness :no:
we all had a gut feeling that it he would come to other countries, but just hearing again and again what would've been, what could've been... brings me to tears.

i would of loved to see mj tour the usa in s way its a nive idea to bring the tour to life but at the same time sad because mj would not really be here just a holigram he wouldnt be able to hear the love!!:no:

This hurts more than anything to me. ANd what is worst, MJ death did not have to happen.

Back