MJ places in LA, LV and NYC

JMie

Guests
Hi guys, I will be traveling to the USA next week and spend two weeks there.

My trip plan is as follows:

1. Four days in Los Angeles (one of them will be dedicated to Forest Lawn, and another one to Disneyland)
2. Then a bus trip to Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. I will probably have one day to see the city.
3. Then to New York, where I'll spend a week.

So if you could advise me what Michael places to visit in these cities, I will be very gratefull!!! And what are the best places for shopping for MJ merchandise?

Besides FL and Disneyland, in LA I am going to visit the star and the Grammy museum. I don't plan to go to Encino, because I don't want to intrude and don't see the point of staring at the gates.... I wish I could go to Neverland, but I don't drive and it's impossible to go there by public transportation.... What else is interesting there?

I don't know about any MJ places in Las Vegas at all. And as for New York, I plan to see the Apollo theater and the subway station :) What else should I see?

Thanks for your help!!!

Last edited:
I'd like to go this summer, so I'm going to check back on this. :)
I hope you have fun :D
Oh and, if possible, maybe visit his Hollywood star? And The Jackson 5..!

I'm not an expert on places to visit in NYC in relation to Michael so other New Yorkers (or even non-New Yorkers) here please help me out. I would suggest paying a visit to Michael's wax figure at Madam Tussauds wax museum in Times Square.

Too bad the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Annex is closed. That had a nice exhibit of some interesting MJ things.

Oh and bring protection to the subway. Just kidding, it's not that bad. It's MJ BAD:)

Did Michael shop in NYC? I don't recall seeing any video of him shopping here like in Vegas or other places. It must have been impossible for him with all the crowds. Or maybe the crowds worked in his favor. Maybe he just didn't like this city, lol. I don't either some days. :)

I'm not an expert on places to visit in NYC in relation to Michael so other New Yorkers (or even non-New Yorkers) here please help me out. I would suggest paying a visit to Michael's wax figure at Madam Tussauds wax museum in Times Square.

Too bad the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Annex is closed. That had a nice exhibit of some interesting MJ things.

Oh and bring protection to the subway. Just kidding, it's not that bad. It's MJ BAD:)

Did Michael shop in NYC? I don't recall seeing any video of him shopping here like in Vegas or other places. It must have been impossible for him with all the crowds. Or maybe the crowds worked in his favor. Maybe he just didn't like this city, lol. I don't either some days. :)
Michael shopped a lot there and liked it 2

if you want to visit never land go by Amtrak its a 2 hour train ride to Santa Barbra the go ever hour

I don't know what to tell you when it comes to MJ merchandise, but...

As far as Las Vegas goes, I know that he was living in some house there on a street called "Palomino Drive." This was in 2008. I also remember him saying on the Bashir doc that he liked to shop at a mall there and I believe that it either was near or was located inside the Venetian Hotel.

I thought I remembered reading that he had a star in Las Vegas too. Can anyone confirm this?

New York--How about Madison Square Garden? He performed there a couple of times.

New York Michael Places

1. MSG concerts 2001
2. Palace Hotel, 55th street and Madison Avenue, he stayed here for MSG concerts
3. Carnegie Hall, speech for Heal The Kids, 14 Feb 2001
4. FAO Swartz toy shop, Michael went shopping here after Invincible cd signing
5. Appollo Theatre
6. Hyait Subway Station, where BAD was filmed
7. Brooklyn Museum, Ebony photoshoot

LA Michael Places

1. Neverland approx 2 hour drive from central LA
2. Encino Jacksons family home
3. 100 Carol wood Drive, Michael house
4. Forest Lawn
5. Staples Center
6. Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
7. Grammy Museum

New York Michael Places

1. MSG concerts 2001
2. Palace Hotel, 55th street and Madison Avenue, he stayed here for MSG concerts
5. Appollo Theatre

Great list! Although, the correct BAD subway station name is Hoyt-Schermerhorn St.

I thought about FAO Schwarz. Are there any photos/vids of him shopping there? I love FAO Schwarz. Back when they were little (late 80's/early 90's) I used to take my nephews and niece there every year around the holidays. That was the BEST (and most crowded) time to go. They loved to play the video games. Now they are all grown and no fun, poo poo.;)

Great list! Although, the correct BAD subway station name is Hoyt-Schermerhorn St.

I thought about FAO Schwarz. Are there any photos/vids of him shopping there? I love FAO Schwarz. Back when they were little (late 80's/early 90's) I used to take my nephews and niece there every year around the holidays. That was the BEST (and most crowded) time to go. They loved to play the video games. Now they are all grown and no fun, poo poo.;)

Yes, he showed footage from Private Home Movies. He loved it there. :)

He went to basically all the places in Vegas - look for pictures and videos online, especially from LWMJ. For example, he recorded with will.i.am, Akon and RedOne for his final album at the Palms, and ate at Planet Hollywood for his 50th.

New York Michael Places

1. MSG concerts 2001
5. Appollo Theatre

LA Michael Places

1. Neverland approx 2 hour drive from central LA
2. Encino Jacksons family home
3. 100 Carol wood Drive, Michael house
4. Forest Lawn
5. Staples Center
6. Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
7. Grammy Museum

Thank you very much! Although I won't be visiting the first three LA places.. Neverland and Carolwood drive are too painful and as for Encino, I don't really think it would be appropriate to go there, Michael is not there, so what's the point?

great thread and enjoy your time here under the circumstances. if you could go to detriot and see the motown house of hits or get to gary,indiana. mj though represents so many places here.

You could also visit the Palace theatre in LA;)

htdwqq.jpg

Back