MJ Omg Facts

billyworld99

Proud Member
Someone accidentally knocked on the studio door while "Beat It" was being recorded. MJ decided to leave the knock in the song.

On June 1st 1988, MJ sets a record as the first artist ever to have 3 albums with U.S. sales of more than 6 million copies each.

On June 1st 1991, Temptations member David Ruffin dies of a drug overdose. MJ covers a large portion of his funeral costs

On May 27th 2006, MJ receives the "Legend Award" at the MTV Japan VMAs for having sold a record 100,000,000 albums in Japan

On May 6th 1992, Michael Jackson quietly covers the funeral expenses for Ramon Sanchez, a student killed during the L.A. riots

The breakdown of video "Smooth Criminal" was improvisation exercise, but when MJ saw the footage he insisted it be in the video

MJ's "Black or White" short film was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million people.

The early working title of the song "Bad" was "Pee". It was a temporary name Quincy Jones came up with.

At the height of the songs popularity in 1984, MTV ran the 14 minute "Thriller" short film twice in one hour, every hour.

On this day, March 19th 2001, Michael Jackson is the youngest solo artist to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Michael Jackson's engineer Bruce Swedien got a speeding ticket on the way to the recording session of "Speed Demon".

This day, March 14th 1984, New Jersey H.S. students protest because they were banned from wearing their MJ gloves in school

During the BAD sessions, MJ would have his chefs come to the studio and cook for the crew every Friday, known as "family night".

A dog was supposed to do the howls for "Thriller" but since it wouldn't cooperate, MJ had to record them instead.

During a scene in the "Beat It" video, MJ felt something drip on him. He later found out it was the blood of a stabbed victim.

This day, March 8th 1986, heart-transplant recipient Donna Ashlock is invited to MJ's Encino home for lunch an movies with MJ.

On this day, March 7th 1983, MJ is the 1st artist to simultaneously hold the #1 spot on Billboard's Rock and R&B charts

this day, March 7th 1985, "We Are The World" was released. It became the fastest selling American pop single in history.

MJ and Paul McCartney's "Say Say Say" video was filmed at Neverland Ranch over 4 years before MJ purchased it.

On this day, February 28th 1996, Michael Jackson's "Scream" wins Best Short Form Music Video at the 38th Annual Grammy Awards.

Michael Jackson choreographed his entire performance at the Motown 25 special the night before, in his kitchen.

Michael Jackson, along with other black celebrities, contributed to the financing of Spike Lee's 1992 film "Malcolm X"

The guitar intro of Michael Jackson's "Black or White" was recorded during the BAD sessions.

Michael Jackson was inspired to immediately write "Speechless" after a water balloon fight in Germany.

The very next day after the BAD album was completed, MJ immediately began working on demos for DANGEROUS

February of 1993, MJ & Sega distributed more than $108,000 worth of computer games to children's charities throughout the UK

During the recording of "Keep the Faith", MJ cried because he couldn't get his vocals in the right key. He eventually did.

The Jacksons TRIUMPH album was originally supposed to be titled FOUNDATION.

At it's peak, THRILLER sold one million copies per week.

At 1983's Motown 25 special, Michael Jackson was the only artist to perform a non-Motown song that night with "Billie Jean".

On this day, February 14th 1985, MJ helps with the delivery of a baby deer born to his pet deers Prince and Princess.

"Someone accidentally knocked on the studio door while "Beat It" was being recorded. MJ decided to leave the knock in the song."

Yeah, I always noticed that, LOL.

"During a scene in the "Beat It" video, MJ felt something drip on him. He later found out it was the blood of a stabbed victim."

Wow, I never knew that!

Thanks for the facts, many I didn't know of! :)

"Someone accidentally knocked on the studio door while "Beat It" was being recorded. MJ decided to leave the knock in the song."

Yeah, I always noticed that, LOL.

"During a scene in the "Beat It" video, MJ felt something drip on him. He later found out it was the blood of a stabbed victim."

Wow, I never knew that!

Thanks for the facts, many I didn't know of! :)

i really have to pay close attention, cause i never heard the knock now i have to listen to the song lol

During the recording of "Keep the Faith", MJ cried because he couldn't get his vocals in the right key. He eventually did.
aw poor baby :better:

Someone accidentally knocked on the studio door while "Beat It" was being recorded. MJ decided to leave the knock in the song.
I never noticed that!!!! omg, I just listened to this song half an hour ago! Should listen again.

On June 1st 1988, MJ sets a record as the first artist ever to have 3 albums with U.S. sales of more than 6 million copies each.

On June 1st 1991, Temptations member David Ruffin dies of a drug overdose. MJ covers a large portion of his funeral costs

On May 27th 2006, MJ receives the "Legend Award" at the MTV Japan VMAs for having sold a record 100,000,000 albums in Japan

On May 6th 1992, Michael Jackson quietly covers the funeral expenses for Ramon Sanchez, a student killed during the L.A. riots

The breakdown of video "Smooth Criminal" was improvisation exercise, but when MJ saw the footage he insisted it be in the video

MJ's "Black or White" short film was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million people.

The early working title of the song "Bad" was "Pee". It was a temporary name Quincy Jones came up with.

At the height of the songs popularity in 1984, MTV ran the 14 minute "Thriller" short film twice in one hour, every hour.

On this day, March 19th 2001, Michael Jackson is the youngest solo artist to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Michael Jackson's engineer Bruce Swedien got a speeding ticket on the way to the recording session of "Speed Demon".

This day, March 14th 1984, New Jersey H.S. students protest because they were banned from wearing their MJ gloves in school

During the BAD sessions, MJ would have his chefs come to the studio and cook for the crew every Friday, known as "family night".

A dog was supposed to do the howls for "Thriller" but since it wouldn't cooperate, MJ had to record them instead.

During a scene in the "Beat It" video, MJ felt something drip on him. He later found out it was the blood of a stabbed victim.

This day, March 8th 1986, heart-transplant recipient Donna Ashlock is invited to MJ's Encino home for lunch an movies with MJ.

On this day, March 7th 1983, MJ is the 1st artist to simultaneously hold the #1 spot on Billboard's Rock and R&B charts

this day, March 7th 1985, "We Are The World" was released. It became the fastest selling American pop single in history.

MJ and Paul McCartney's "Say Say Say" video was filmed at Neverland Ranch over 4 years before MJ purchased it.

On this day, February 28th 1996, Michael Jackson's "Scream" wins Best Short Form Music Video at the 38th Annual Grammy Awards.

Michael Jackson choreographed his entire performance at the Motown 25 special the night before, in his kitchen.

Michael Jackson, along with other black celebrities, contributed to the financing of Spike Lee's 1992 film "Malcolm X"

The guitar intro of Michael Jackson's "Black or White" was recorded during the BAD sessions.

Michael Jackson was inspired to immediately write "Speechless" after a water balloon fight in Germany.

The very next day after the BAD album was completed, MJ immediately began working on demos for DANGEROUS

February of 1993, MJ & Sega distributed more than $108,000 worth of computer games to children's charities throughout the UK

The Jacksons TRIUMPH album was originally supposed to be titled FOUNDATION.

At it's peak, THRILLER sold one million copies per week.

At 1983's Motown 25 special, Michael Jackson was the only artist to perform a non-Motown song that night with "Billie Jean".

On this day, February 14th 1985, MJ helps with the delivery of a baby deer born to his pet deers Prince and Princess.

:punk:

As Always

:angel:

awww wow he the grestest

OMG!! I knew it!!! I thought to myself, you know I'm pretty sure that someone's knocking the door in Beat It. I thought it was just me and my odd hearing. Now I know I'm not crazy :D thanxs for letting me know. xx

yeah..i always noticed the knock on the door sound in Beat It....that sounds like the Michael way of thinking..let the song of life flow through him, no matter what time it is. that's why his songs are the best.

all those OMG facts are amazing. thanks for posting. i'd be curious what Quincy Jones was thinking when he wanted to call 'Bad'..'Pee'..

awww wow he the grestest

awwwwwwwwwwww..... :wub::wub:
our big little boy

:pash:

where did you get these facts from?

i really like them, hope they are true though!

i actually heard the knocking happened while eddie van halen was recording the solo, but its still cool!

so THAT'S what that knock was in Beat It! I've noticed that since I was little...listening to it on vinyl...I've always wondered what it was! :lol:

Back