MJ No.1 at MSN Year in Review 2009

Club30s

Proud Member
Hi guys I don't know if this has been posted yet but MJ is at No.1 news of the year 2009. It is placed above Obama becoming a president for its global effect I guess.

anyways here is the link

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/ye...eview-The-Year-In-Celebrity-2009-4908.gallery

click on more to see the full story. It's short but still shows what an impact that man left!

God Bless MJ!

Mods if this had been posted before feel free to merge

Last edited:
I saw this. MJ is always at the top with things to do with 2009. I still don't want to believe it though... :(

He would have been on top even if he was alive with the BIGGEST COMEBACK of 2009.

This has been the worst year of my life. I miss him so much.

that is nice but he is at the top for a sad reason and should of been "Mj wow's the crowds at the o2 with amazing effects, routines and vocals"

Above Obama becoming a president lol! For those outside US believe me, we thought his inaguration was BIG news---- till MJ's death.

I don't see what is lolzy abut "Obama becoming President" and judging by the jubilation of President Obama's election Nov 4th, and his inauguration around the world. believe the WORLD knows his inauguration was big news.

Also this "til MJ's death" sounds like you are glorifying the hoopla about poor MJ losing his life.I personally do not find anything to celebrate as afar as MJ dying. *eye roll*

I don't see what is lolzy abut "Obama becoming President" and judging by the jubilation of President Obama's election Nov 4th, and his inauguration around the world. believe the WORLD knows his inauguration was big news.

Actually his inauguration was not as big of a deal as some Americans make it sound to be. Yes it was more important and widely covered than the previous presidents but nowhere close to what the effect was inside US, which obviously make sense considering that it was a US election after all. By contrast MJ's death was much more of a global news. True, the long term effects are different but we are not talking about that, only news.
anyways this thread is not about Obama so I do not want to derail it further by going that dircetion. It is a slippery slope.

Also this "til MJ's death" sounds like you are glorifying the hoopla about poor MJ losing his life.I personally do not find anything to celebrate as afar as MJ dying. *eye roll*

Nope there is nothing to celebrate indeed. And that is not was I was trying to say. I guess I should change that. But we do rejoice when MJ is given proper recognition. At least I do. I mean, do we want MJ's passing to go quietly and unnoticed? Note that it is a double edged sword you cannot do the two things in media at the same time, that is keep it 100% somber and still give the all the recognition received.

MJ was an entertainer NOT a politician so when he is remembered it is along the lines of entertainer and you cannot have morbid entertainment/ glorification possibly so there is some "flashiness” that comes anytime something is done in entertainment business.

And with MJ is even harder because in his life was not nearly as well liked (at least in US post 2003) as after his death. So if they are remembering MJ in good words now (albeit making money at it) I say its about time.

So it goes both ways... how many of us would be happy if none of the news even mentioned MJ and let all things go quietly? It is the same discussion like with all these awards being given to MJ. Yes we know why it is happening but would we rather have them not do it at all?

Last edited:
"June 25th. The day that music died":no: Oh Michael... I miss you so.

Yes I just saw this on MSN.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/...ideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=22815182&GT1=32001

Also, they mention Michael as a philanthropist and humanitarian in addition to his musical legacy. I've seen this quite a bit lately. Perhaps people are realizing the good that Michael did. I'm praying that continues.

"I'll never let you part for you're always in my heart" :angel:

Hi guys I don't know if this has been posted yet but MJ is at No.1 news of the year 2009. It is placed above Obama becoming a president for its global effect I guess.

anyways here is the link

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/ye...eview-The-Year-In-Celebrity-2009-4908.gallery

click on more to see the full story. It's short but still shows what an impact that man left!

God Bless MJ!

Mods if this had been posted before feel free to merge

since thriller, michael has been and always will be the biggest person on the planet so no surprise to see him up there :)

GOD BLESS YOU MICHAEL, WE LOVE YA! :)

Michael Jackson

A musical genius and one of the most influential entertainers of all time, Michael Jackson was in rehearsals for a series of 50 sold-out concerts in 2009 when he died suddenly at age 50—45 years after his debut as the lead singer and youngest member of the Jackson 5. Known worldwide as the King of Pop, Jackson influenced artists from many genres and generations and is often credited with transforming music videos into an art form. His 1982 album Thriller is still the best-selling album of all time, he had 17 number one singles during his career—13 as a solo artist—and his many awards included 13 Grammys and 26 American Music Awards before his death and four more awarded posthumously in 2009. Michael Jackson's This Is It, a film created from footage shot during rehearsals for his aborted concert tour, quickly became the highest grossing documentary film of all time. As a philanthropist and humanitarian Michael Jackson raised or donated more than $300 million to support charities such as the United Negro College Fund, the Michael Jackson Burn Unit for Children, and variety of alcohol and drug abuse programs.
:wild:

Michael having an impact on the world IS the most important thing that happened in 2009. His recognition has long been overdue. His comeback concerts set the world on fire. Don't forget over 750K tickets sold to people in over 220 countries! That's unheard of and never will be heard of again. This man was so loved. Much more so than those that despised him. I hope that Michael knew this. He had such a positive impact on music and the entire world. He was an extraordinary human being and one of a kind. There will never be another like him. He is surely missed. :(

are they sure about drug and alchohol abuse programs, because i don't know that they knew about all his charities..did they mention that for the wrong kind of buzz, when they could have mentioned the orphanages and the child who got the organ transplant, after saying a lot of positive stuff..now..in order to get their critics off their back?

Michael having an impact on the world IS the most important thing that happened in 2009. His recognition has long been overdue. His comeback concerts set the world on fire. Don't forget over 750K tickets sold to people in over 220 countries! That's unheard of and never will be heard of again. This man was so loved. Much more so than those that despised him. I hope that Michael knew this. He had such a positive impact on music and the entire world. He was an extraordinary human being and one of a kind. There will never be another like him. He is surely missed. :(

Oh yes, well said!

Back