MJ Keeping it Real!!!

shirley17

Proud Member
Hi all, this is my first thread!!! I only just noticed this as I was watching the "Beat it" video which I love! Although some of may already know this I just wanted to post in anyway and share the Michael love!!!

There is a guy at the very end of the song in the big group dance scene when they all come together in harmony!!! He gets the steps wrong and is out of time with the others etc... He is on the left side of the screen two rows back I think.
I was a bit perplexed by this and I just found out, Michael hired 18 pro dancers and got the others off the streets who were actually in gangs and had never even danced a step!!!

I love this man! Which other recording artist could (or even would!!!) put a non dancer and even a (gang member) in a video and make it look wicked!!! He has to be one of the most amazing people to have ever walked this earth!!!
Michael I salute you!!!!

yeah thats really quite funny. I wonder if michael noticed, im sure he did. I wonder if it annoyed him, with it being not quite perfection with the dude messing it up. Although i doubt that many people notice cos they is all staring at mike lol, took me about 20 viewings to see him!

I showed my brothers and they were lol!!! I bet Michael was feeling the love so much he prob didn't notice either!!! I feel bad now I have exposed this slight flaw!!! Oh well, you can't get any better than being picked off the street to dance with Michael!!! If I would have known that he was going to do that I would have gone to hang out with them myself...even if I would have been about 6!!!!

lol i saw!! hahaha didnt he hire real street gangs for the BAD video too?

lol! Im trying to see it, but i cant. :laugh:
BTW, I don't really get the ending when its zooming out when you can see stairs and you can hear ppl cheering...? whats that about?

lol! Im trying to see it, but i cant. :laugh:
BTW, I don't really get the ending when its zooming out when you can see stairs and you can hear ppl cheering...? whats that about?

You have to look at towards the very end of the song. The dance scene where they are all dancing the chorus together! When you spot it you will lol! I just heard the cheering too..hmmm not too sure about that!!

LOL never thought about it before :D

EDIT: But I mean, dude is REALLY out of sync - then he walks forward all cool and shit haha :D

Last edited:
I think the cheering was to simulate that the whole video was a "play" in a theater. As the ended the performance the camera backed out of the stage and you can hear the audience clap. That is the only explanation I can offer. lol

I am laughing so hard, I am about to piss on myself.....ROTFLMAO!!! This guy is sooo off. Even before the final shot, he is off but he is sooooo into it....lolol. Good find op!

For those of you who can find him. He is wearing a brown leather jacket, light blue shirt, and black pants. lol

Even before the final shot, he is off but he is sooooo into it....lolol. Good find op!

HAHA EXACTLY,,, he's like "GTFO, I'm the shit", just carries on like "whatever"... :D
I mean it's a Michael Jackson video, I'd die if I'd mess up like that :D

Aw lol. I thought he was pretty good, you know, considering. Only messed up a wee bit. :D

It was good that he at least "kept his cool" though... Michael would've whooped his ass he'd mess up the take entirely by just "giving up" :D

Speaking of Beat It... how freaking cool is it during the end of Beat It in the HIStory tour when they have this chaos ending and one of the backup singers comes dressed out in a "hot dog seller's outfit" haha... that ALWAYS cracks me up and gets me thinking how much of a genius Michael was. All those extreme things.

yeah thats really quite funny. I wonder if michael noticed, im sure he did. I wonder if it annoyed him, with it being not quite perfection with the dude messing it up. Although i doubt that many people notice cos they is all staring at mike lol, took me about 20 viewings to see him!

Oh lawd!:crackingup: I cracked up when I saw it! Never noticed it before. Guess I was one of those gawkin' at Michael! Lol!

I guess MJ noticed it too and found it funny or somethin', otherwise he could have easily had it edited out.

Woooo! I needed that laugh.

The gang members in the Beat It video are Crips and Bloods members. I don't know much about them, but when you hear some songs from Snoop Dogg and The Game, they are mentioned.

I saw some hiphop heads say "Michael is a gangsta for getting a pass and having them in his video" and "He could probably walk around in any hood/ghetto and get love".

Back