MJ: his whole catalogue in high fidelity audio: (multichannel 5.1)

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
I've read on multiple sites that in 1999 all of Michael's albums were remastered in multichannel 5.1; surround sound. They were intended for release on The Super Audio CD format, but the project was shelved. People who have heard the mixes by Mick Guzauski were blown away and surprised that these are not released to date.

With the Blu-Ray format now making a big entrance in our living rooms, the SACD master would easily fit on one or two Blu-Ray disc. I would like to ask the estate about this, but I don't know how to contact them.

I am an audiophile and I've heard the 'Hotel California' album by The Eagles in surround sound. Man, I was blown away with the sound quality and the use of the surround channels. The clarity of this listening I can't put out in words. You have to experience this way of listening to music. It's like the band was playing live in my living room!!

I've always imagined what Michael Jackson in true surround sound would've been like. Hopefully soon we will get all of his albums on Bluray audio discs.

For the record, 'Thriller' was released on SACD, but that master was totally messed up. It is described as the worst sounding SACD by critics. I've heard it too, and I must say that it's not much better than the normal CD version. To be honest, the 25 anniversary version sounds better. But Mick Guzauski made an outstanding and mind blowing multichannel version of the original multitracks, according to various insders who have heard it, and now it is lying somewhere in a vault. That's a shame, really.

Michael and his fans definitely deserve a high fidelity release. Sony owes that to us.

Would you buy these multichannel version of his solo catalogue?

Absolutely :)

That would be the ultimate way to listen to MJ's music...

Remember that MJ said during the Access Hollywood interview that he'd like to take sounds and put them under a microscope? Well, with this listening experience you'll understand what he meant. If only...

Remember that MJ said during the Access Hollywood interview that he'd like to take sounds and put them under a microscope? Well, with this listening experience you'll understand what he meant. If only...

:wild:

Well, he always said that music should be listened to LOUD....Or at least in the best quality possible....

:wild:

Well, he always said that music should be listened to LOUD....Or at least in the best quality possible....

Yeah, I remember right before the release of 'Invincible' Michael and his team used to listen to the album very loud to see if the impact was right. He told in an interview on the phone (on a radio show) that it was the procedure before he released an album.

I would totally buy that and really hope it will be released sometime.

Does anybody has sources to those articles? I'm sure I read something about the Thriller 5.1 album, but haven't heard anything about the other albums yet.

Here is the article:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/archive/index.php/t-257252.html

All of his albums were remixed in 5.1 surround sound. Alongside the remastered CD issues the idea was to release the same catalogue on SACD. Unfortunately our Mike did not approve the mixes. But those who've heard it were blown away. We all know what a perfectionist MJ was like. He didn't approve the HD release of 'HIStory Live', Munich either.

Such a shame. I seriously think that he would've got the power to make the SACD format a huge success. People would've consumed music again on a legal level.

Last edited:
^^ That's strange that Michael didn't approve of the mixes...I'm curious as to why....I guess, as you said, he was a perfectionist....Almost to a fault of his own though...:lol:

I wonder how much would it be though, if it were released?

^^ That's strange that Michael didn't approve of the mixes...I'm curious as to why....I guess, as you said, he was a perfectionist....Almost to a fault of his own though...:lol:

I wonder how much would it be though, if it were released?

I think that an audio bluray set would be a logical release, containing 3 discs in their full studio masters. The 2CH as well as the 5.1CH masters.

My guess is that such a box set would be 100 EUR. And in my opinion it's worth every penny. Michael Jackson music in the highest quality available ever!! It is doable, because starting from 'BAD', every album of his was recorded digitally.

Back