MJ Ex-Manager Wants Judge To Accept Creditors Claim

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Michael Jackson -- My Dog Ate My Creditor's Claim

michael_jackson_getty_52619757_ex-1.jpg

A guy who worked with Michael Jackson for roughly 40 years is begging a judge to accept a creditor's claim 4 months after the deadline -- because, well, he didn't know it was due!

Richard Arons -- one of Michael's old managers -- claims MJ's estate never informed him that he needed to file a claim to continue getting the royalty checks he had been pulling in for years.

In the docs, filed Friday in L.A. County Superior Court, Arons claims by the time he learned he needed to file the paperwork, the deadline had passed ... and dude doesn't want his money well to dry up!

Now, Arons wants a second chance -- we'll see if the excuse flies with the judge.

Who is Richard Arons ?

Arons, 52, has enjoyed a distinguished career as a practicing attorney and as an advisor and investor in a number of successful companies. Among entertainment industry professionals he is best known for managing and representing Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five during their meteoric rise over the first decade of their career.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1999_Nov_2/ai_57094779/

where are all these people coming from,i don,t understand these claims,i mean some people are coming out that worked with mj way way back,what do they have to claim?,

why does it sound like Michael kept paying this guy to appease someone .. like a family member.....eventhough this guy did nothing...???

None of us have ever heard of this guy before.

Richard Arons -- one of Michael's old managers -- claims MJ's estate never informed him that he needed to file a claim to continue getting the royalty checks he had been pulling in for years.

WTH! I see things like this and it just seems to me as though Michael was just this money well for some people! Why would an ex-manage continue to get royalties? r Do they even care that he's no longer here? Its all about the damn money! geez.....

it is rather sad all these people only saw Michael as a moneybag. The other sad part is that you would think that we would be getting immuned to it because we hear about people like this like everyday now. I wish they would all just go away.

Who is Richard Arons ?

Arons, 52, has enjoyed a distinguished career as a practicing attorney and as an advisor and investor in a number of successful companies. Among entertainment industry professionals he is best known for managing and representing Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five during their meteoric rise over the first decade of their career.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1999_Nov_2/ai_57094779/

Great find.

Never heard of this guy....why is MJ still paying royalties from J5 days? MJ was right, the music industry is full of sharks & charlatans.

You are a lawyer and you did not know you had to file a claim? Your fault

It's not uncommon for an previous manager to still receive royalties.

For instance, if this guy brokered a deal which continues to make money to this day and his original contract entitled him to a percentage of sales then he is right in his claim. Considering Motown's management of The J5 they probably did give everyone but the brother's large percentages.

he should crawl back where he came from go and ask other people for J5 royalties the group had 4 other members
All MJ was is a cash cow to a hell lot of people smdh@ at these folks

I wonder why he would need to file a claim for royalty checks. Wouldn't that be something the estate would already be aware of if it was still in effect when Michael passed?

Sounds squirrely to me.

I wonder why he would need to file a claim for royalty checks. Wouldn't that be something the estate would already be aware of if it was still in effect when Michael passed?

Sounds squirrely to me.

I would have thought so too. Confusing business, or total BS. One of the two.

Wouldnt any royalties come from the company and not the artist?

if you remember both John Landis and Ola Ray has sued Michael for royalties from Thriller. I guess as Michael's company MJJ Productions did the production, they were actually suing the company for the royalties and not Michael as a person.

There could be a similar situation/agreement with this manager but it is hard to say without knowing the details.

Last edited:
people have been suing Michael since he was 14 years old. i think the people suing don't have enough knowledge, and tend to be jealous, and think they own Michael..or, Michael's talent. and a lot of times they are not willing to put money into a project, but they some how want that money back.

Michael was not only obvious with his own talent, but he always invested his own money in his projects.

Back