MJ estate- SONY contract.. 7MJ albums in next 5 yrs?

lubyss

Proud Member
HI, I was just wondering.. I heard that J estate dealed with sony a new contract about releasing 7 albums in next 5 years.. Is it true?? Do you know more info? please : ? :)

Haven't heard anything about that.

Thay already have a contract with 10 projects over the next 7 years. - Why make a new?

It was 10 but 3 were already released.

Hopefully they learnt their lesson and won't include any more questionable material of any nature in the future...

Well Michael sang those songs and those songs are good. Why keep this in the vault ! Monster a such a hit !
It doesn't matter whether you think they are legitimate or questionable. They've caused a lot of negative publicity, so they'd be stupid to let it happen again.

It doesn't matter whether you think they are legitimate or questionable. They've caused a lot negative publicity, so they'd be stupid to let it happen again.

Only to Us, the hardcore fanbase, the media that picked it up, disproved as myth, and it's not even a issue to the general public.

This rare occasion the general public is rigth. - There is no problem.

It is MJ all the way.

this sounds like something thats rushed.

It took four-five years for Mike to release one album. But then, he's not here, so his music will be rushed, that if they really release one or two more albums.

I don´t think we´ll get 7 albums.
It seems we´ll get bad tour on dvd, maybe we get more dvds ghost, history tour.

BAD tour - Ghost on Blu-Ray and DVD is GREAT !!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.

Hopefully they learnt their lesson and won't include any more questionable material of any nature in the future...

They did not learn anything becuase in fact they are releasing it and fans buying it. So they will do the same in future released or even :(worse.

NOT 7 Albums the contract was for 7 years 10 Projects
which could include Albums, Games DVDs and Documentaries etc etc.

3 projects are done
The Vision short film DVD
The Experience Game
The MICHAEL Album

NOT 7 Albums the contract was for 7 years 10 Projects
which could include Albums, Games DVDs and Documentaries etc etc.

3 projects are done
The Vision short film DVD
The Experience Game
The MICHAEL Album

Slight correction here. The first project from the 10-preject deal was This Is It. This Is It was retroactively included. I still don't know whether the Experience Game is part of the Sony deal. The Experience Game is a collaboration between the Estate and Ubisoft.

So, three projects are done. They are:

This Is It
Vision
MICHAEL

If the Experience is included, then four projects are done.

The next project seems to be re-release of Off The Wall. There is also rumor of BAD Tour DVD, the Immortal soundtrack. I'm pretty sure there won't be another seven albums with new materials until 2017.

Slight correction here. The first project from the 10-preject deal was This Is It. This Is It was retroactively included. I still don't know whether the Experience Game is part of the Sony deal. The Experience Game is a collaboration between the Estate and Ubisoft.

This Is It
Vision
MICHAEL

The next project seems to be re-release of Off The Wall. There is also rumor of BAD Tour DVD, the Immortal soundtrack. I'm pretty sure there won't be another seven albums with new materials until 2017.

Im hoping we will get some live concerts

I may be wrong but I dont think Sony and estate made this deal
untill after This Is it was already released. I dont think it was part
of the 250 Million 10 project deal.

I would like they just stop ruining Michael Jackson's name...

Last edited:
Im hoping we will get some live concerts

I may be wrong but I dont think Sony and estate made this deal
untill after This Is it was already released. I dont think it was part
of the 250 Million 10 project deal.

Sony and the Estate signed the deal in the spring of 2010. But, This Is It was RETROACTIVELY included. Although This Is It was released prior to the deal, the project was included. My guess is that when Sony released the This Is It album, the Estate didn't have any contractual obligation to Sony. So, when the Estate negotiated the record deal with Sony this year, they included This Is It in the deal.

love is magical;3118333 said:

This Is It
Vision
MICHAEL

'Love Is Magical' is complety right! 'This is it' is part of the ten projects, as it was included retroactively. You could read it in the pressrelease & following reports when the deal was reached.

My guess about 'The Experience':
The Deal was done between The Estate & Ubisoft, but Sony is heavily involved because of the rights to the songs. The whole game would be meaningless without the music.
So maybe it is indeed part of the deal. Also the pressrelease after the reached contract (btwn Estate & Sony) mentioned albums, dvd's & VIDEOGAMES.

One more thing:
Cirque releases their music under their own label. So this also could become a combination betwee Estate, Sony & Cirque. Cirque people said something like there is a 360° Deal with the estate (arenashow, LV-show, cd, schow-dvd).

From 10 Projects we aleady have:
-This Is It
-Vision
-The Experience
-Michael

officially confirmed:
-Cirque du soleil

mentioned:
-Off The Wall Anniversary

maybe:
-Tour DVD
-Bad Anniversary
-Ghosts DVD/BluRay
-another new material Album

That would be 10 projects.

From 10 Projects we aleady have:
-This Is It
-Vision
-The Experience
-Michael

officially confirmed:
-Cirque du soleil

mentioned:
-Off The Wall Anniversary

maybe:
-Tour DVD
-Bad Anniversary
-Ghosts DVD/BluRay
-another new material Album

That would be 10 projects.

Your project list makes perfect sense.

One can see how misleading the media is. Many media reported the "10-PROJECT deal" as a "10-ALBUM deal", which is totally inaccurate. Many are under the impression that there will be seven more albums in the next seven years. The truth is that there may probably be one more album with unreleased materials and the remaining projects are most likely re-releases of the legacy albums and/or tour footage.

Experience is NOT part of it.

When the deal expires, The Estate will work with whoever wants to sign the next deal. It might be Sony, but might be another company.

What's certain is that we have decades more of Michael Jackson's music. He is after, all the biggest entertainer that ever lived and it will be milked for years to come...

There is also the DUETS album that will follow. Teddy mentioned this I think.

And Michael always over recorded, so we have many albums to look forward too.

Back