MJ - Dangerous (Live Performances)

snapware

Proud Member
Hi Guys, which is his best performance of Dangerous Live? Also, I know he usually performs the song as a dance set, but did he ever sing the full song of Dangerous live? I think I saw that once, but I can't find the video.

To me, the best performance of Dangerous would be the MJ & Friends one in Korea 1999. Love that one!!!!

But probably most will say the best performance is the one he did on MTV Music awards in 1995. Oh well, i love the Dangerous routine no matter when and where he performed it lol. Don't think he ever sang it live though.

Hi Nadia, Thank you this one is great also. I am almost certain I saw a performance of Dangerous once where he did the whole song, verses and bridge. Anybody know which night that was?

Maybe this is helpfull

There were five live performance versions of Dangerous, although Jackson nearly always lipsynced this song:
  • The first was performed on the final leg of the Dangerous Tour and at the 1993 American Music Awards. This version included Jackson singing the second verse, chorus, bridge, and third speaking interlude.
  • The second was performed from 1995 to 1997, on some presentations like the 1995 MTV Music Awards, and during most of the concerts for the HIStory World Tour. It did not contain the second verse, bridge, or third speaking interlude. This version samples an extract from "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes, Ennio Morricone's "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" theme, "Smooth Criminal", Janet Jackson's "You Want This" and "Let's Dance," Judy Garland's "Get Happy", Monty Norman's "James Bond Theme", and a guitar intro from Duran Duran's "A View to a Kill". The HIStory Tour version contains slightly more sound effects during the breakdown; Jackson spoke the rap in the beginning live during the concert in Oostend, Belgium on September 3, 1997.
  • The third was performed twice: during both 1999 Michael Jackson & Friends concerts. It is similar to the 1995 mix, but has clicking sound effects instead of the main drumbeat during the spoken part, and a short interlude with the dancers introducing themselves.
  • The fourth was performed twice on the 50th American Bandstand Special and President Clinton's presidential gala in 2002 and is a variation of both the second and third version. There are clicking beats as with the 1999 mix, but only replacing the finger snaps in the beginning and the main beat begins as it does in the 1995 mix. In the American Bandstand performance Jackson briefly sang a section live.
  • The fifth was being rehearsed for his This Is It concerts at in Staples Center and the Forum in L.A, but were cancelled because of his sudden death. Audio of this version leaked online in 2010. It features snippets of "Morphine," "2000 Watts," and a snippet of the song "This Place Hotel/Heartbreak Hotel". In January 2011, at "Carnival", the This Is It concerts dancers performed a snippet of Dangerous, as it would have been in the concerts, but without the leaked intro. This performance featured samples from "Smooth Criminal", "Stranger In Moscow", and the Psycho theme.
For the Michael Jackson and Friends concerts and on, Jackson wore a red shirt instead of the original white shirt and tie, but the tie was kept in. For all of the performances but the American Bandstand one, Michael would have an armband in his black jacket.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_(Michael_Jackson_song)#Live_performances

Here is the 1993 version of the song

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like any of that clip was live. The audio sounds like any other version of dangerous except with a few different mix decisions. There is a version out there where he does a few lines live, but is understandably out of breath. I think 1987 Mike is the only person in the world that could do a performance like that with live singing and even then it would be a stretch.

Here is Dangerous performance from Dangerous Tour 1993

American Bandstand 2002 performance is also great

Back