MJ Dance Talent Show??

jdeez88

Proud Member
Hey, I don't know how reliable this is, as I can't say I've heard it elsewhere, but apparently the BBC are considering making an X-Factor style talent show looking for Britain's best MJ tribute artist. Apparently Jermaine and his sisters have been approached to be on the judging panel. Maybe Navi could be a judge too?
Don't know if this will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me! Can't wait to see this :D

Source: http://www.heatworld.com/Article/11814

I hope its not open auditions, where anyone can walk in and think they can do the moonwalk? It be good just having the tribute dncers

OMG HOW DO YOU APPLY?!

i can dance jus like MJ and i'm 12!!! omg does anybody know how to apply? :D :D

It would be good if it happens, but sounds like they just made this up.

I wouldn't trust Heat world, but it would be cool. I don't think that the BBC would be cheeky enough to ask the Jacksons to move to the UK to judge something like this at a time like this.

Actualy auditions will be held for a tv show at a studio. I forgot the date but that are looking for mj lookalikes, mj dancers and supermodel lookalikes...maybe it's for this

The Sun have picked up on the story and Wenn have confirmed they have spoken with BBC spokesperson:

The Jackson clan is hoping to discover the next King of Pop by judging the moves of the Thriller star's biggest fans in a new TV talent contest. Skip related content
Related photos / videos Enlarge photo The BBC are currently drawing up a new show which will search for superfans who have dance moves to rival their idol Michael Jackson's.

And the wannabe Jackos will have to prove themselves to some very important people - including members of the superstar's family.

According to The Sun newspaper, the broadcaster is trying to sign Jermaine or La Toya Jackson to act as a judge on the series - as the pair has already won people over with stints on Celebrity Big Brother.

A source tells the publication, "People are so passionate about Michael it makes sense to build a talent show devoted to him and his incredible performances.

"And given that his family played such a huge part in his life, it makes sense for one of them to a judge. Jermaine, Janet or La Toya would be brilliant."

A BBC spokeswoman tells WENN, "We are currently in advanced discussions about commissioning a new entertainment show, which will seek to find Britain's most talented dancer, who can move like the legendary Michael Jackson."

Here is an article from the Sun:

The Jacks Factor
THE BBC plans to cash in on Michael Jackson mania with an X Factor-style hunt for a dancer who can master the legend's moves.

And the wannabes could even be judged by one of the late singer's FAMILY, TV Biz can reveal.

Bosses will kick off a national search for Britain's best moonwalker and body-popper later this year. And just like the X Factor, contestants will be judged by a panel of industry experts.

The Beeb is desperate to have a talent show to match ITV's juggernauts The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent.

The show - to be called Move Like ***** - is still at an early planning stage.

But insiders say execs will try to land one of Jackson's siblings as a judge - possibly Jermaine, or LaToya, who have both won UK fans on Celebrity Big Brother.

A source said: "People are so passionate about Michael it makes sense to build a talent show devoted to him and his incredible performances.

"And given that his family played such a huge part in his life, it makes sense for one of them to be a judge. Jermaine, Janet or LaToya would be brilliant."

But the insider revealed hopefuls will NOT have to be able to sing like the King of Pop.

The source said: "Unlike X Factor we're not really bothered if they can sing like ***** or not. We want to see them perfecting his dance moves, which let's face it were highly technical and not easy.

"It won't just be about the moonwalk - but if you can't do the moonwalk you're probably not going to be that much of a ***** devotee."

The show will look for dancers of all ages, male or female.

They will be whittled down over a series of shows with the winner likely to get the chance to perform for a paying audience.

A BBC spokesman confirmed yesterday: "We are currently in advanced discussions about commissioning a new entertainment show, which will seek to find Britain's most talented dancer, who can move like the legendary Michael Jackson."

The Beeb has been envious of ITV's Simon Cowell talent shows for years.

It had success with three shows about Andrew Lloyd Webber's search for new West End stars.

But he announced last month he will not do any more such series until 2011.

The BBC now hopes its new ***** idea will tap into some of the X Factor audience.

However it will not go up against it - or Got Talent - and is expected to air sometime in the New Year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...to-do-Michael-Jackson-style-reality-show.html

If a show will be made, I really hope they won't really call it Move Like *****.

If this is true, I really, really hope they don't call it that. :angry:

Why can't the Tabloids and media leave Michael alone..They don't have another scapegoat by now!! I don't want this. Jermaine did say some nasty things about Michael..suddenly he has become the spokesman? Please!!

A stupid idea. Michael Jackson was an artist, and I hate the idea of his high art being used as a gimmick for reality television and the BBC to make a profit out of Michael's name and genius level that will never be matched or replaced.

Please media forget Michael Jackson!
There will be one greatest entertainer ever lived and that's MJ.
No one can approach this, I think it's a disgrace to Michael for making a program like this.
I hope the name MJ won't be in the media anymore after the last this is it remainings. So they finally leave him alone.
And I dearly hope the w.a.c.k.o and j,a,c,k,o name won't be used anymore. Fucking assholes. They should really get their asses kicked for using those names.

Back