"MJ Commemorated" transcript / subtitles

morinen

Proud Member
We are preparing a transcript to "Michael Jackson Commemorated" film. The final goal is to make Russian subtitles, but we are starting with English. For us, non-English speakers, certain parts of the dialog are hard to make out. Especially scenes in Gary and in the car, as they are very noisy. So we're looking for help of fellow fans.
If we finish this job, it would be a great gift to all fans who aren't fluent in English so they can enjoy this rare footage and hear the real Michael. If anyone wants English subtitiles (e.g. for translating to other languages), let me know, I'll upload them when we finish.

I'm going to post videos and indicate moments that are unclear. They are numbered for easier reference. Unclear parts are bolded. Whoever can understand what's being said, please help!

We'll do it in several parts, as the movie is big. Part I:

1. 5:28 Michael: Let me up here, let me up here so I can wave (thanx to sammichael)

2. 6:52 what is the name of the woman Michael greets? (Good to see you... ) It it "Harriet"?

3. 7:11 What does the mayor say: We met in Detorit ??? to which Michael answes "yeah yeah yeah"

4. 7:19 Mayor: Again, whoever Chris directs from Mr. Jackson's group is welcome to stay. (thanx to sammichael)

5. 8:02 What does Michael answer to the camera guy? (Is it on? - thanx to sammichael)

6. 8:17 What is Michael's comment? (Ladies - thanx to sammichael)

7. 8:24 This one ??? (is it "Moving Violation"? sounds something like "Manila" to me...) we knocked the police down. - what is it about, what does he mean here?

8. 9:01 Michael: They'll point to you and me and, you know, ask questions. I say, he is the man. - is this right? What is this about? (thanx to sammichael for the comment)

9. 10:29 A question from a journalist: What exactly ???

10. 12:34 What is Michael saying? Something about the line.

11. 12:53 Michael: I gotta get my presents and get out of here (thanx to sammichael)

12. 13:31 Michael: Chris do you know everything from here; head to toe follow suit,promise to.. (thanx to sammichael)

13. 1:28 Fan: My son is out there and if I meet him... If I meet you, his mother, he is going so mad of me (thanx to sammichael)

14. 3:19 Guy in the car: The sign I made in New York. The sign when I went to New York last summer. It hit me the night before I went. I took the Greyhoud, and it said "Michael is Invincible" and then dot dot dot... It was kind of like the peak...You know that gave you suspence, the dot dot dot... - I think I got that right, I just can't understand what he's talking about. A banner that he made?

15. 5:24 Someone: Whose head ??? Michael: ??? the motorcycle

16. 5:40 Oh no, we gave it to a fan. Like, signed it and gave it to a fan. - do they refer to a book?

17. 6:05 Sammy, I'm riding over to a croud of 4000 people. Don't panic (?) I'll call you tonight.

18. 6:30 Michael: Just 9 kilometers. (?) Very close. We keep very close. Everybody in this neighbourhood is ??? Slab rears(?) That's his name. Slab rears. - Whos is he talking about?

19. 7:04 Can't make out the dialog:
Someone: What about ???
Michael: Yeah ??? cookies. Split the ??? Eat some cookies if you dance ???
Someone: ??? next door.
Michael: It's true. So these little homes... How close are we? ???how small???

20. 8:40 Michael: They were just circling? -is that what he said?

21. 9:19 Someone: ??? Mike, 16, 75 ??? good for the song, right?

22. 9:46 Narrator: It all started here in a plain tine boxshaped house in Normalville (is this what he calls it?), USA.

23. 10:15 Old guy: You sure look ??? And I want you to ??? - And what Michael responds to him too.

24. 10:36 The dialog. Michael responds to smth: I loved it. Then to someone else: Yeah. What are those people saying?
Then a woman: His ??? guitar.
Michael: These are Larse's kids, you know.
Someone: ??? saying.

25. 11:11 In the living room that's where we rehearsed every day. Right in that living room. Through (?) the furniture. Joseph, Luther, Laurence. Call ??? I mean, my spirit is here (?)

26. 11:31 I guess you found your way around (thanx to sammichael)

27. 12:37 The fan: I made a new dance that will be catching on (thanx to sammichael)

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Re: "MJ Commemorated" transcript - need help of native speakers!

1.so i can wave
2.Brittany
3.The Mayor and Michael
4.Chris directs
5.Is it on ?
6.Ladies
7.Moving Violation
8.Michael has had enough questions for now and is saying ask the mayor he can answer (Jokingly of course)
9.Too noisy to here what the journalist is saying but something about fundraising
10.Thank you but he does say something after, something like ''tell them that there is a line"
11.Of here
12.Chris do you know everything from here; head to toe follow suit,promise to..
13.my son's out ther and if i miss you hes going to be so mad at me
14.I dont know:no:
15.I dont know:no:
16.I dont know:no:
17.Samuel L Jackson
18.I dont know:no:
19.I dont know:no:
20.The Police
21.I dont know
22.Was nurturing a universe of talent
23.The old man tells Michael. "Joe tells you to hang tall" and that is all I did get.
24.I dont know:no:
25.I dont know:no:
26.oh yeah
27.I made a new dance that will be catching on
:)

Thank you for this topic from all non-English speaking fans.

And question to japanese fans: are japanese subtitles for Commemorated complete and accurate? Maybe someone will translate them into english, then we will be able to compare versions.

sammichael, thanks a lot for your help, it's really appreciated!

I'll post the next part in a little bit...

Okay, I think this is the hardest part.... Any help is appreciated. :yes:

28. What are they discussing here - a commercial, a music video?
Fan: We do that in Hibidy-Jibidy. Don't know what's gonna happen.
Someone: ??? hot. (who is he talking about?)
Michael: What kind of hot?
Someone: Real hot, smoking hot.
Michael: You and Aaron... was it Aaron Carter and you? No, Nick Carter. They got these big stomachs in front of the camera. You weren't embarrassed?
Someone: I don't care. I'm not the one who ??? with it.
Michael: I would have been just shy.
Karen: Oh you don't have a pot belly (?).

29. 0:08 What is this dialog about?
Someone: Michael, you gotta hoho, or it's ok? Got a hoho or a twinkie? (Um... what?)
Michael: Who?
Someone: ???
Michael: No, you wanna Slab Ribs
Someone: You wanna hot dog
Michael: Crispy cream.
Someone: Sausage ???

30. 0:39 Michael: I ??? you buy a good stuff in there.

31. 2:41 Those are the dress codes they wear over here - is that right?

32. 2:48 The man explains about the baton:
Man: These are ???
Michael: ???
Man: Exactly
Michael: ???
- something that everyone laughs about
Someone: Don't get ??? - everyone laughing. We're missing a joke here!
Someone: Don't get the free (?)

33. 3:15 Man: This is one of the illegal(?) ones. ??? supposed to show ???
Michael: Don't worry, we won't. I won't ???

34. 4:00 Michael: Smellers? ... smellers? Did I breath the smell (?)
Someone: ???
Michael: oh you really are ???
Michael O, right! ???
(before he notices a bike)

35. 4:29 Michael: Yeah, for a short ???

36. 9:39 Michael: ??? the school. ??? then?

37. 10:16 What is Michael saying starting from this moment on?

38. 10:37 ...we present Michael with the honorary ??? award.

39. 10:55 What is said about the jacket? "We give Mr. Jackson an Academic jacket because we want everyone know how intelligent he is." Is that right? lol

40. 11:27 and onwards - What is the girl saying?

41. 12:18 Michael: You gotta tell him which one you want to play (is that right?)

Back