MJ CD sales soar after announcement!

sunnyday81

Proud Member
Ok, I know this is the Sun, but this is good!

*****'s album sales are backo

jackofingers_682_747846a.jpg

This Is It ... for Jackson's CD sales as well as his return to perform in London

Published: Today

MICHAEL JACKSON's London gig announcement has sent sales of his classic albums soaring higher than his high-pitched voice.

Web retailer Play.com saw a 110 per cent increase in purchases of Bad overnight with Dangerous up 165 per cent.
It follows *****'s revelation that he'll perform 10 gigs at the O2 this July.
The 25th Anniversary version of Thriller was also flying off the virtual shelves up 155 per cent while 1979's Off The Wall recorded the biggest increase of 200 per cent.
A Play.com spokesman said: “With the King of Pop back in the UK it seems that music is back in the hearts of British MJ fans.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article2302221.ece

Ok, I know this is the Sun, but this is good!

*****'s album sales are backo

jackofingers_682_747846a.jpg

This Is It ... for Jackson's CD sales as well as his return to perform in London

Published: Today

MICHAEL JACKSON's London gig announcement has sent sales of his classic albums soaring higher than his high-pitched voice.

Web retailer Play.com saw a 110 per cent increase in purchases of Bad overnight with Dangerous up 165 per cent.
It follows *****'s revelation that he'll perform 10 gigs at the O2 this July.
The 25th Anniversary version of Thriller was also flying off the virtual shelves up 155 per cent while 1979's Off The Wall recorded the biggest increase of 200 per cent.
A Play.com spokesman said: “With the King of Pop back in the UK it seems that music is back in the hearts of British MJ fans.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article2302221.ece
DAAAMN. :bugeyed Above 100% too, that's just amazing!

I'm surely enjoying what is happening right now, with all the positivity, increasing numbers, and exciting but confusing rumors, LOL. :wild::mello:

Ofcourse! Everyone is buying the cds so they can sing along with the songs in July.

:wild: :wild: :wild: THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! :D :D :D

JUST A QUICK UPDATE ON MJ'S I-TUNES CHARTING STATUS:

Currently in the UK I-tunes store Michael Jackson has 6 albums in the Top 100

#88- Off The Wall (Special Edition)
#81- King Of Pop (Deluxe Version)
#72- Bad (Special Edition)
#46- Thriller
#42- HIStory Past Present & Future
#11- King Of Pop

wow thats great...thanks for the update

hey does anyone know how mj's album are going in the australian charts?

#46- Thriller
#11- King Of Pop

wow HIStory selling better than triller?:wild:

I would hope it had the same effect in the US but i doubt it :( i hate how hes..well really hated here. the CNN news coverage over the conference was very negative. you could post comments about what you think of Michael on a facebook page and some where read on the air. went something like this: "well as it turns out--the majority of the comments are actually possitive!....lets read some of the comments. this one says "I dont understand why you want want to go see him Michael Jackson SUCKS!"..."

and after the conference happened, more where read, not one of them positive. that isaw anyways. i got angry and turned off the tv.

:rant:

#46- Thriller
#11- King Of Pop

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Excellent. :) I hope this is true, it would be great to see increased album sales.

This is GREAT news!!

I was a bit iffy at first, wondering how people would react to his announcement of a comeback - would they be excited like us die hard mj fans or not, but this has proved me wrong :D:D:D:

This is a dream come true, mike is back.

and good pr, mike will perform again i'm sure he is testing the water

I just ordered Dangerous Album! mine is ruined!! Only for £3.99!!

#46- Thriller
#11- King Of Pop

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

The thing that confuses me about this is what makes people want to buy albums after announcements?

Its like 'Oh, Michael Jackson is coming back! I feel like buying one of his albums!' >.

Back