MJ Blu-Ray Videography

Maestro

Proud Member
I know everyone here is keenly awaiting MJ's new album but personally I am looking forward more to MJ's vidoegraphy to be released on Blu-Ray. Hi Definition sound and image of his short films including ghosts and any concert / live performances would be heaven for me.

I'm thinking that this may be realeased around the time of a new album so as to ride the wave of publicity generated by the album. Anyone else hanging out for some Hi-Def MJ?

video footage of MJ wont be released, except what we already have. unless of course michael himself decides to independently release it:)

video footage of MJ wont be released, except what we already have. unless of course michael himself decides to independently release it:)

And I ask myself: "Why not release it?" It would bring a lot of money in, I know for sure.

But yeah, I am looking foward to this Blu ray release. Eventually it will come out, since BD is a new format. I hope this time they will pay attention to the picture AND sound quality. I mean, if Prince and Queen can do it, why not the master himself?

The quality of MJ DVD was very poor.. A bit sad for a pioneer like this..

And I ask myself: "Why not release it?" It would bring a lot of money in, I know for sure.

But yeah, I am looking foward to this Blu ray release. Eventually it will come out, since BD is a new format. I hope this time they will pay attention to the picture AND sound quality. I mean, if Prince and Queen can do it, why not the master himself?

The quality of MJ DVD was very poor.. A bit sad for a pioneer like this..

My thoughts exactly.... I would even be excited by remastered widescreen editions of the current crop of DVD's in standard DVD say with a DTS ES 5.1 sound mix, the current DVD's are pretty poor quality, Dangerous Bucharest, History Vol 2 and the recently rereleased Moonwalker being a bit better than the others but still way behind the quality of image and sound available on other music and concert videos.

I'm thinking to sell my Playstation 3, but if they launch some bluray about Michael I'll keep with my PS3. Why don't launch a bluray about MJ???? Why goddddd!!! Whyyyyyyyyy??????

Upto you mate about your ps3! personally i think your crazy, as in coming times they are sure to bring out stuff for Michael on BLURAY also the technology in BLURAY and coming to bluray is miles ahead of any competition, Sony is further developing the discs even now.

Michael has to embrace this new Technology and im sure maybe the new material will do just that!

Terry

I agree they should release all of Michael's video back catalogue on Blue-Ray when his new album comes out, I especially hope they release the Region 1 editions of Moonwalker and Ghosts. Because as far as I know, those are only sold outside of America right now.

Jackson's Optimum Productions (and/or its heirs in business sense) owns or co-own original production films.

Almost every video/minifilm Michael ever made was shoot with big 35mm HQ film cameras, the same as used for actual films to shoot.

So Blue-Ray discs could be as fine as possible easily.

I agree they should release all of Michael's video back catalogue on Blue-Ray when his new album comes out, I especially hope they release the Region 1 editions of Moonwalker and Ghosts. Because as far as I know, those are only sold outside of America right now.
Ghosts in BluRay must be inredible! But... I'm a dreamer:doh:

I'd be happy if they at least released Moonwalker and Ghosts here in America on regular DVD.

hmm, well when MJ comes back, and answers fans questions, it could be a nice idea, to ask him that.

Stupid thread,

u should tag it as fan idea, this just gets peoples hopes and its just another dream of a fan

When i first saw the thread title i got well excited!!!
I would love to see a Blu-ray Disc released of Michael Jackson.
Wouldnt it be amazing to see his concerts in the finest high quality.There is soooo much material that could be used from interviews,Candids to Concerts its unbelivable that we only have the small amounts of Offical released material on DVD.
IMO i doubt we will get any Blu-Ray Release's purly because SONY Struggle to give us anything we havnet seen on normal DVD as it is.

I think we'll get MoonWalker released on bluray with extras such as the making of MoonWalker and maybe even Captain EO on there too.

I think we'll get MoonWalker released on bluray with extras such as the making of MoonWalker and maybe even Captain EO on there too.

Imagine that!! :punk:

Hopefully there would be a 2 disc special with Ghost in blu-ray quality.

Change the thread title lmao! i was like wtf omg!! hahaha but yea i wud looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove all his vids on blu ray..imagine a concert..sweat dripping from his head hitting the ground...soooo pure n perfect..almost like u can touch it....

Wonderful. Here we go again with the RE-RELEASES of the RE-RELEASES!

I mean, we don't need to be giving PH-ony any ideas. Yeah, no doubt it would be great to have it all on Blu-Ray, but we don't need any more RERELEASES. We want NEW material.

Back