MJ / Beegees Eaten Alive demo(s)??

Mr. Norway

Proud Member
The Barry Gibb site has a section which offers " The Eaten Alive demos" which one can buy. Unfortunately there is just no demo of the song itself available. It says that there is supposed to be a demo of the song with MJ on the vocals, a so-called "MJ snippet". Does anyone have it or have heard it at all and know anything more about it??

I've never seen it online, and I don't think it's leaked in any form... I love The Eaten Alive album & would love hearing the demo of it's title track, but it seems its looked away in a vault somewhere IF it exists.

Gregers. jeg skrev til Berry Gibb igår for at høre om Michael synger med på de her sange. har ikke fået svar endnu, men håber på det :)

Mini MJJ;3479633 said:
Gregers. jeg skrev til Berry Gibb igår for at høre om Michael synger med på de her sange. har ikke fået svar endnu, men håber på det :)
Translation
Gregers. I wrote to Berry Gibb yesterday to hear Michael singing along to these songs. have not received an answer yet, but hope it

Michael is credited with backup vocals on "Eaten Alive" would be nice to hear the demos
Here is the back story

From wiki
"Eaten Alive" is a 1985 single released by Diana Ross on the RCA label. It was the first release off her Eaten Alive album. The song was written by Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb and Michael Jackson the latter also co-producing with Barry and his team. Jackson and Barry Gibb can be heard singing in the background of the song with Jackson at times co-singing lead with Ross. The danceable song became a modest hit on the Pop Singles chart peaking at number seventy-seven while faring much better on the R&B singles chart where it peaked at number ten helped by BET's heavy rotation of the music video.

In the song's original copyright registration from 11 March 1985 it was credited to Barry Gibb and Maurice Gibb. It was not until Michael Jackson heard the demo of it that he suggested the chorus could be improved. The second copyright registration was filed 1 June 1985 with the note ‘words and music in the choruses have been completely rewritten’.

From Barry's Website _ the audio snippet (#9) for MJ demo is not posted to sample
The Eaten Alive Demos
Eaten Alive was created by Maurice & I for Diana.
Us still seeking a chorus were thrilled when Michael Jackson jumped in and suggested one
This album is available for download as a complete album in mp3 format.
Upon purchasing you will be able to download the purchased files.

http://www.barrygibb.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=73

BUT
The tracklist for the Album is posted here and does have MJ demo listed on it
so you will recieve it if you purchase the album :)

http://www.beegees.dk/demos.htm
01 Barry Gibb - Oh Teacher
02 Barry Gibb - Experience
03 Barry Gibb - More and more
04 Barry Gibb - I'm watching you
05 Barry Gibb - Love on the line
06 Barry Gibb - (I love) Being in love with you
07 Barry Gibb - Crime of Passion
08 Barry Gibb - Don't give up on each other
09 Eaten Alive (MJ demo part) :)

Mini MJJ;3479633 said:

Cool it's gonna be exciting to hear what he says :)

That´s great! But has anyone bought these BeeGess demos and heard the MJ demos snippet?

From "For The Record"

Song written by Michael with Barry and Maurice Gibb – two of the Bee Gees.
Originally written, and registered in March 1985, by Barry and Maurice Gibb. Michael heard their demo and felt it needed something else.
Barry offered to share credit with Michael, if he wanted to supply what he thought was missing. Michael agreed and a second demo – recorded by Michael – was registered in July, with the note, "words and music in the choruses have been completely rewritten".
Both demo versions, recorded in Los Angeles, remain unreleased.
Recorded by Diana Ross in mid 1985 in Los Angeles, with Michael and the Gibb brothers on backing vocals, for her album of the same title, issued in September 1985.
Produced by Michael with Barry Gibb, Karl Richardson and Albhy Galuten. Michael was present during the recording of the instrumental tracks, and judged whether they were suitable by dancing to them in the studio. He also supervised the mixing, settling on one that Galuten wasn’t too happy with.
Performed by Diana at the American Music Awards in 1986.
Issued as a single: charted at no.10 on the R&B singles chart and no.77 on the Hot 100 in the States, and no.71 in the UK.
Official Versions:
Album Version. Instrumental.
Extended Remix. Single Version Edited.

Back