MJ beatboxing in Stranger in Moscow

lilsusie

Proud Member
Hi, Was that the sound of his beatbox at the beginning part of SIM?
If it was, then it's unbelievable!

yup, it was. the sound engineer guy was talking about it. wasn't MJ the best?

Yessir

robmix said:
The "stranger in moscow" track starts with MJ's beatbox by itself. Andrew Scheps spent some time dropping the original beatbox into the synclav and chopping all the middle bits out. I can't remember if it was from a micro-cassette or not, but there was lots of background noise. Not much processing after that.

hehe i love that beat boxing it splits in my headphones aswell. put-ta-chi-ka-put-cha put-ta-chi-ka-put-ta-chi-ka! hehe thats how i tihnk of it. You should watch the old footage of MJ from the 70's beatboxing a little whilst interviewing Miss Stacey and calling Randy an ape lol!!

I've always wondered If that was him or not? I wish he could have been asked questions about these things in interviews but they were too busy asking about oxygen chambers to care!

whoa.......you know, I honestly would've never thought that was him unless I saw this thread... that's.....WOW.

same here. i thought it was electronic or something. in the oprah interview he kind of did a beatbox thing too and that caught me off guard. he was so unique in how he could use his voice. are there any videos or audio or anything of him doing acapella things like that? that would be cool to see in terms of his vocal talent

same here. i thought it was electronic or something. in the oprah interview he kind of did a beatbox thing too and that caught me off guard. he was so unique in how he could use his voice. are there any videos or audio or anything of him doing acapella things like that? that would be cool to see in terms of his vocal talent

Yeah that one was so cool! I love how he was so so shy and didn't want to do it, and then BAM! he's working the beatbox and he's in a different world!!

I read Rob Hoffman's post on Gearslutz and then went on listening to SIM again and really pay attention to the song, I just have hard time believing that it's the sounds of his beatbox. That's why I raised this question! It has no trace of human voice, it sounds totally like some sounds that's generated from some machine or instrument!
MJ's just so unbelievably talented in so many areas!

I know all along his beatboxing skill was impressive as I've watched some beatboxing clips on youtube. But oh my god, knowing that it is his beatbox sound in SIM is shocking!! lol and I'm listening to WBSS and I JUST REALIZED he also beatbox. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry, I only pay extreme attention to it NOW and even now some of the sounds I'm not sure if it's machine generated or it's his sounds.

As for SIM, I can't figure which parts in SIM is his beatbox? Can someone tell me he beatbox on which seconds? :(

You've no IDEA how much I love MJ beatboxing!!! blows my mind! also, if you listen carefully to almost all of his tracks (much easier on headphones), you can hear he is using his voice to make up the base of the background to the track. It's in Speed Demon - it sounds like percussion but it's him goin 'chichichiowawa, chichichiowawa'! It's in so many of his songs. No-one could ever replicate him - he is AMAZING!

Michael as i always say had an ABSOLUTE EAR, that capacity made him capable of making any kind of sounds, he would hear the slightest thing falling on the floor, or any place, he was GENIUS, thats the explanation for his amazing talent in music and singing, he was not a common talent, he was something else, he did his job on this earth, now he had to go and entertain God. even though i wish he was alive, i believe the world didnt appreciate such a talent, only people who have very good ears as well can really appreciate most of his profund works, u know i have an amazing ear, i can hear almost everything, thats why i can appreciate Michaels lasts works, but you know most people prefer other simple stuff, not because they are bad or anything but because they do not hear the entire work, they miss out sounds, so they go for easier things to hear.

Back