MJ Bad costume for sale - NOT Julian's!

MsSnoop

Proud Member

Michael Jackson costume from 1988 Bad Concert Tour

ebaypihlogo2.gif

159. Michael Jackson costume from the 1988 Bad Concert Tour.

Michael Jackson, the "King of Pop", is one of the top recording artists of all time with the Best Selling Album of All Time (Thriller), 13 Grammys and 13 #1 Singles. The most iconic of his costumes is this black leather motorcycle jacket and decorative gold belt worn in during the 1988 Bad Concert Tour.
Michael Jackson presented these pieces to the Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum while being honored there.

The signature attire was custom-made by Los Angeles costumers and stylists, Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins, who have been making bespoke clothing for Jackson for over 20 years. The costume includes the black leather motorcycle jacket which is festooned with 11 gold police-style badges on the chest, gold crests on the upper sleeves, multiple buckles at the cuffs, and studded epaulettes. The extravagant, highly detailed belt features the oversize crest buckle with "Bad" in red enamel, and is decorated with dozens of small amber crystals, and circled with six additional smaller crest emblems. Also included are his black leather pants and black boots with gold shield appliances over the toe and top. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire the most iconic costume in pop music history. $30,000 - $50,000

0159_1_md.jpg

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6314449

Hollywood Wax Museum Auction
6:30 PM PT - May 1st, 2009
4 days
Login to Register for this Auction
»

offered by
Profiles in History 26901 Agoura Rd Ste 150
Calabasas Hills, CA 91301

I've seen this costume before, on an MJ waxwork. It's not the exact costume Michael wore on the Bad Tour. For a star the jacket Michael wore in the Bad Tour wasn't leather, and the bukkles and badges Michael had on the jacket were silver not gold as they are on the jacket in this photo. Also Michael had silver metal badges or pattern in the collor of his Bad Tour jacket, and this one doesn't.

Michael also never wore that gold belt with Bad written in red on it. The belt Michael wore was silver, square with sharp tilted edged and an egles face with no writing on it. Michael also never wore leather trouser and those boots on it. Michael did were boots off stage with that design between 1988-90 but they were also silver not gold.

I presume this is just a replica costume of Michael's that he never wore. But this is still a cool item to own.

I've seen this costume before, on an MJ waxwork. It's not the exact costume Michael wore on the Bad Tour. For a star the jacket Michael wore in the Bad Tour wasn't leather, and the bukkles and badges Michael had on the jacket were silver not gold as they are on the jacket in this photo. Also Michael had silver metal badges or pattern in the collor of his Bad Tour jacket, and this one doesn't.

Michael also never wore that gold belt with Bad written in red on it. The belt Michael wore was silver, square with sharp tilted edged and an egles face with no writing on it. Michael also never wore leather trouser and those boots on it. Michael did were boots off stage with that design between 1988-90 but they were also silver not gold.

I presume this is just a replica costume of Michael's that he never wore. But this is still a cool item to own.

LOL, we think alike :)

My post from MaxJax "These were never worn on the tour, maybe not ever worn by Michael, I think they were a showpiece presented to Hollywood Guiness Musuem

The information in the discription is well off, Wheels And Doll Baby made Mj's bad tour Jacket, this is a slightly different replica, being the collar is different, its leather & the badges are gold, also he never wore any of the other attire for sale on the tour.

I think this was a good advertisement for bad at the time, it probably had a great place in the museum, I have pics of it somewhere lol"

ummm thats not the exact costume lol jacket looks similar but is definatley not exact. the badges were silver and he didnt wear that bely or those leather pants lol,and it def isnt the most iconic. thanx 4 the post tho

I would love that belt.

Very nice piece.

It's similar to this one

014.jpg

Yes it's very simular to this jacket, and Michael also didn't wear this jacket on the Bad Tour as this is leather. But apart from that it's the exact same design as the jacket Michael wore on the Bad Tour, which the jacket, belt and trousers up for sale aren't.

BARGIN! :D

It's one hot outfit actually! I love the buckles around the cuffs.

ooh..maybe I could buy it then..it's only 50,000!!!!

Who knows if he actually wore this stuff, looks cool.. they shouldn't sell it for that price IF he hasn't worn it.

I, too, thought it odd, but because of the fact that it is being auctioned. ALL of the items in the museum should have been offered back to their original owners. It upsets me to think that the law is on their side, in regards to ownership. This is an incredibly expensive, gold decorated costume and is worth the price for the gold on the outfit alone.

Back