MJ Autograph Question.

AmyC

Proud Member
Hello to all of you. I have been lurking around this site and forums and have seen that you all are very wonderful people. I was so excited about this new tour and decided I would become a member after we had received confirmation that he was coming to the United States for any shows. If I was able to get tickets to a show, I was going to create a fanbook for MJ with messages from people who could not attend shows and such. I was hopeful that perhaps, because I am disabled that maybe it would increase MJ's chances of receiving the book. I kept on putting off registering here because it made me sad that MJ wasn't yet coming to the US but I was so happy for the people who were going to be able to see him in London. Like all of you, I am extremely shocked and saddened by the news but I hope MJ is finally at peace.

I felt like in some way I could relate to MJ. Although I am very positive person, sometimes I felt like MJ could understand things that I encountered. Being in a wheelchair, people stare at me, people that don't even know me ask VERY personal questions they should not even be asking, etc, etc. I try not to let the negative times get to me and have graduated from the University of South Florida with my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in December 2008 and am hoping to become a tutor as having my own classroom isn't possible just yet.

I know this is my first post but I have a question. I was wondering if any fans here have more than one MJ autograph and would be willing to perhaps part with one. I know that I am no better than any other fan but I just thought I would ask. I know they are probably worth 1000's of dollars now and have seen several on Ebay but I know many celebrities who are still alive have many fake autographs on Ebay. Would anyone here be willing perhaps part with one at a reasonable price?

If this is not possible, I completely understand. Nice to meet all of you.
Amy

Last edited:
now is not the time to buy an autograph or any MJ related merchandise. You will pay twice the price, and theres probably more fakes than usual. My advice would be to wait some months.

In the meantime you can get this magazine :
http://store.autographmagazine.com/servlet/-strse-167/Michael-Jackson-autographed-autographs/Detail

And take the time to learn about his signature and reliable dealer/expert. Its the important part of the autograph collecting.

Even a legit seller can have a bad item from time to time, that happens. Thats why you better know your stuff too. And it takes time.

But its better to have nothin, than a fake hanging on his wall, like probably 90% of people (the % of fakes on eBay). And a COA doesnt make an item authentic, everyone can print a piece of paper.

Oh and a small note concerning Autograph Magazine, its not because you see a dealer or web site advertised on their web site or magazine, that they are legit, it just means they paid for the advertising -_-

good luck, and be patient

now is not the time to buy an autograph or any MJ related merchandise. You will pay twice the price, and theres probably more fakes than usual. My advice would be to wait some months.

In the meantime you can get this magazine :
http://store.autographmagazine.com/servlet/-strse-167/Michael-Jackson-autographed-autographs/Detail

And take the time to learn about his signature and reliable dealer/expert. Its the important part of the autograph collecting.

Even a legit seller can have a bad item from time to time, that happens. Thats why you better know your stuff too. And it takes time.

But its better to have nothin, than a fake hanging on his wall, like probably 90% of people (the % of fakes on eBay). And a COA doesnt make an item authentic, everyone can print a piece of paper.

Oh and a small note concerning Autograph Magazine, its not because you see a dealer or web site advertised on their web site or magazine, that they are legit, it just means they paid for the advertising -_-

good luck, and be patient

Thanks for your advise, i will wait awhile, the price for mj stuff has shot through the roof.

Im going to wait a few months... I think theres too many fakes out there and I really cant tell what is what. How do you know for sure? It would really be special though to own something like that.

I have a real autograph which I got from omer bhatti at a norwegian tv show (I had to answer correct questions about MJ and I could win money.. show called, double or nothing) ANYWAY, my point is I can upload a picture if u want of the autograph so u can see how MJ signed it.. so the chance is bigger that you wont buy any fake ones.. but the problem is though he changed his signing style from decade to decade.. sometimes he used really long, huge letters and sometimes small ones.. the one I have he signed it with small ones and made it beautifully.. but sometimes he makes the M and J really huge..
there also might be people who's practised his autograph and sign some items themself and claim he signed it.. so you might never know 100% but there are real ones online I'm sure :) I did get an e-mail about an item from MJJSHOP or something which claim to sell his real one.. which had gone from 1000 pounds to 200 something pounds..

but like others have said.. maybe it is good to wait a little while because they are so expensive now

If youre looking for autographed items I would not buy right now. I would wait say at least 12 months. Maybe 2 years (if you can wait that long) as the market is flooded with fakes at the moment. It seems theres heaps of autographed items and many of them dont come with any certificate of authencity. Its just the sellers word they are genuine and many sellers (esp on ebay) are selling everything and anything just to cash in on Michael's death. Also never buy around Xmas as prices spike around the holiday season too. Genuine autographs are usually certified by an independant dealer as the real deal. Never buy autographs without a certificate of authencity because its easy to get ripped off.

I bought 3 replicate copies of signed MJ photos of Michael from a sight called ebide (not ebay) and only 1 off them came thru i got refunded for one of them as the seller (said it got damaged and he tried to take the auction down but it was too late) but i know got a fact he didnt want to sell it to me for the ending auction price.

If got the other price hanging up framed on my wall.

Back