MJ at the world music awards 2006

billyworld99

Proud Member

this is such a memorable night that i and i'm sure many fan will remember for the rest of our life, it was truly incredible because the world music awards and guiness records not only praised and gave reconigtion for his musical guiness but also as an humanitarian plus he was there to witness all the fans love for him and his love to them

Re: Mj at the world music awards 2006

I was there that night and it surely will be remembered as the most special night in my life because it was the last time I saw Michael. There were people who said they were disapointed because he didn't perform a whole song, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. The main goal for me that night was to see Michael for the first time after the trial and to see how he was.

I think he looked great and he sounded very strong!

Not to mention the craziness in the arena. I'm sure that 90-95% of the audience was MJ fans and it wasn't even his show! Well, officially it wasn't...

I was there that night and it surely will be remembered as the most special night in my life because it was the last time I saw Michael. There were people who said they were disapointed because he didn't perform a whole song, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. The main goal for me that night was to see Michael for the first time after the trial and to see how he was.

I think he looked great and he sounded very strong!

Not to mention the craziness in the arena. I'm sure that 90-95% of the audience was MJ fans and it wasn't even his show! Well, officially it wasn't...

reall you're so lucky!!!!!

I was there too! The atmosphere was FANTASTIC, I agree, 90% of the people there were there just to see Michael :)

Such a fantastic night! :wild: One of my Fave Michael memories. :wub:

I was front row and at the end where he stands there for a while was right infront of me and my friend, It felt like he was stood there for ages! :)
I am in that footage posted :bugeyed :lol:

if you were there, do you guys know what happened to his jacket? :lol:

I think everyone there got a piece of it :D

Btw whenever someone tells me that MJ wasn't popular anymore after the 2nd trial, I show them this video.

His jacket was unfortunately out of reach for me, because I sat way up there, but I do remember it went to tiny little pieces. And after the show had ended, I saw this guy walking out of the arena and he had this funny look on his sweaty face, kind of "holy s..., can you believe this?!?!". It took me seconds only to notice that he was holding a piece of something black and glittering in his hands - a piece of Michael Jackson's jacket!

Another amazing memory from that night:
I remember that I didn't care that much for the rest of the show. And I'm not sure anymore if it was during the break (was there a break in between?) or during some other performance, but I guess it must have been a break. Most people went outside to the hallway to get something to drink or stuff. As even I got a little bit thirsty I went to this place and stood in line. This was before Michael made an appearance.
So I stood there, waiting in order to order my juice... When suddenly we heard this strong voice starting to talk along the lines of "And now, ..."... All people who were waiting to order something to drink or having something to eat or just waiting to pay... they rushed to the entrance immediately and believe me, they/we ran fast, as fast as we could. It was as if somebody had kicked us with all his power. It would be interesting to know if people who had just gotten their order managed to pay for it ;-). I'm pretty sure people just dropped everything they might have been holding:cheeky:

Anyway, it couldn't have taken us more than a couple of seconds to get to our seats. Finally, the guy was announcing Chris Brown.

And now you got me rolling... This might happen if someone starts talking London 2006 or NY 2001 in my presence :yes:

I remember standing in front of his hotel in London, don't remember the name anymore. It was dark, quite late. Michael had made a couple of very, very short appearances on the balcony, but I didn't manage to make one picture that was at least somehow good as my hands were shaking to much. Again, this might happen if you got to see Michael Jackson :yes:
And then, when he was in his room, walking here and there, which some of us were somehow able to see, because the curtains in his room were not completely closed. I kind of remember that Michael was goofing around and there were some other people in the room. And then he took his long-sleeved shirt half off - he still had a t-shirt underneath... And then back on.

This is what I remember. Did anybody eles of you guys who were there as well see the same thing? I mean I know I wasn't drinking but it would still be nice to know for sure that it didn't happen only in my head:doh:

On May 27th 2006, MJ receives the "Legend Award" at the MTV Japan VMAs for having sold a record 100,000,000 albums in Japan

^^^^^^^awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Thanks BillyWorld99!!!!!

[youtube]dFiyoMOPgLI[/youtube]

WMA and the energy of the public was amazing! :wild: Michael was sooooooooooo beautiful and elegant. :naughty: I'm glad so many fans are there, I'd love to have been there. :wub:

:lol:

On May 27th 2006, MJ receives the "Legend Award" at the MTV Japan VMAs for having sold a record 100,000,000 albums in Japan

[youtube]_TpsvaDT8Ho&feature[/youtube]

:wild:

VMAs was amazing and exciting :wild:, but some parts of speech Michael made me sad.... :cry: He was very touched.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing your memories. Fantastic night!
I'm watching WMA videos..it seems as if everyone at the arena is Michael Jackson fan. The public was going absolutely crazy. They wouldn't let Michael speak! Aww...he was sooo loved by his fans. If Michael went on stage and just stood there for hours, fans would still scream.

He looked stunning :wub:

Btw whenever someone tells me that MJ wasn't popular anymore after the 2nd trial, I show them this video.
:yes:

His jacket was unfortunately out of reach for me, because I sat way up there, but I do remember it went to tiny little pieces. And after the show had ended, I saw this guy walking out of the arena and he had this funny look on his sweaty face, kind of "holy s..., can you believe this?!?!". It took me seconds only to notice that he was holding a piece of something black and glittering in his hands - a piece of Michael Jackson's jacket!

Another amazing memory from that night:
I remember that I didn't care that much for the rest of the show. And I'm not sure anymore if it was during the break (was there a break in between?) or during some other performance, but I guess it must have been a break. Most people went outside to the hallway to get something to drink or stuff. As even I got a little bit thirsty I went to this place and stood in line. This was before Michael made an appearance.
So I stood there, waiting in order to order my juice... When suddenly we heard this strong voice starting to talk along the lines of "And now, ..."... All people who were waiting to order something to drink or having something to eat or just waiting to pay... they rushed to the entrance immediately and believe me, they/we ran fast, as fast as we could. It was as if somebody had kicked us with all his power. It would be interesting to know if people who had just gotten their order managed to pay for it ;-). I'm pretty sure people just dropped everything they might have been holding:cheeky:

Anyway, it couldn't have taken us more than a couple of seconds to get to our seats. Finally, the guy was announcing Chris Brown.

thank a lot for sharing, it's so amazing you could be there.
lol @ the people who ran away just to see Chris Brown :lol:

i love this thread.:wub:
ty for it.

Amazing night, I remember some eastern European girl fans sat behind me who had travelled thousands of miles who believed Michael would not perform WATW so left straight after his speech to see him exit the building . . how gutted they must have been . . .

Such a fantastic night! :wild: One of my Fave Michael memories. :wub:

I was front row and at the end where he stands there for a while was right infront of me and my friend, It felt like he was stood there for ages! :)
I am in that footage posted :bugeyed :lol:
:wub:

Great memories you guys.
Although I wasnt there, they are great memories for me me too.

This thread is amazing thank you so much for all these beautiful videos of such wonderful moments in Michael's life. All of these occasions would have been so overwhelming for Michael as always he handled them with such grace and elegance. He is the most amazing man I have ever seen!!

I Love You Michael!!

I remember most of the British news channels were reporting it as "BREAKING NEWS" when he'd turned up at the red carpet. :lol:

No one thought he'd really do it. Everyone was in awe! Including those reporters!

He looked incredible at this show IMO... Like a proper music legend... refined, composed and absolutely adored by the crowd! :) Wish I could have been there...

Back