MJ and Queen world premiere!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: They are playing all 3 new Queen-songs on SWR1/Germany this evening. One for about 15 minutes. The next two including the MJ-song will come in the next hour.

Moderation said after playing the song, she is sure this will be the huge hit from the album.

I checked William Orbit's page on facebook - some [most] people are very angry there. Some saying there was a conspiracy with WO to make Michael sound better than Freddie... Like MJ's people wouldn't agree to release this song unless Michael sounds superior and that's why BR's mix is banned. LOL.

I checked William Orbit's page on facebook - some [most] people are very angry there. Some saying there was a conspiracy with WO to make Michael sound better than Freddie... Like MJ's people wouldn't agree to release this song unless Michael sounds superior and that's why BR's mix is banned. LOL.

lmao....some people :crazy :p

William Orbit seems to be saying on his Facebook page that there was a technical problem. I'm guessing that we have not heard the final mix. Fingers crossed it will be an improvement.

Queen fans are funny people. They go from saying MJ sounds like crap on the duet to accusing Orbit of conspiring with the MJ Estate to make MJ sound better. They should make up their mind about which one it is: does MJ sound too good or crap? LOL.

Regardless of some people's stupid conspiracies about who is superior, neither Freddie, nor Michael sound good on that mix Orbit did. For an experienced producer, his work was rather amateur.

Last edited:

Hahaha.. That is funny.

For an experienced producer, his work was rather amateur.

Not true, at all. Only mistake he made is that he never listened the song outside of the studio. Like he said, it was technical problem, not problem with his producing knowledge or skills or professionalism.

The problem can easily be fixed and that's what they'll do before the official release.

"Am on it. Is a technical thing. Stay frosty." - William Orbit

I'm a fan of both MJ and Queen, and I think the new version sucks balls. The fan made version was way better. More heart and soul in it.

Well, if there's a new, fixed version I will re-judge it when I hear it. Though it still sucks there isn't enough exchange between Freddie and Michael. Before anyone says it's a Queen song, There is a way to keep Michael's solo time as it is and still give a duet feeling to it... :)

I agree with InvincibleTal, there was a way to respect Michael's solo time. When you hear the song you're not hearing a duet, there was no need of such separation when there are enough Michael's vocals. I don't understand why Orbit didn't respect how Freddie and Michael themselves intended to record the song.

Not true, at all. Only mistake he made is that he never listened the song outside of the studio. Like he said, it was technical problem, not problem with his producing knowledge or skills or professionalism.

The problem can easily be fixed and that's what they'll do before the official release.

"Am on it. Is a technical thing. Stay frosty." - William Orbit

If he didn't listen to the track outside the studio that in itself is extremely amateurish, in the studio anyhow he should be mixing on the monitor and check levels etc on the headphones. If he did listen to it outside the studio which I am sure he probably did, given the time he has had with the tracks, makes it even worse.

If he didn't listen to the track outside the studio that in itself is extremely amateurish, in the studio anyhow he should be mixing on the monitor and check levels etc on the headphones. If he did listen to it outside the studio which I am sure he probably did, given the time he has had with the tracks, makes it even worse.

I agree. How is it a good excuse for Orbit that he did not listen to the song outside of the studio? THAT is amateurism in itself! Imagine if MJ had not listened to the mixing of Thriller before releasing it.

I don't know, and I don't care really as long as he fix it. And he said that he will. But if Roger and Brian admitted they never heard the song outside of the studio, then I think the same goes for William Orbit. Or maybe "Is a technical thing" means something else. But it is technical, nothing to do with his skills as a producer or his professionalism (in my opinion).

Birchey, what do you think about this mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ8YiHk8xWA

Is it done from same MJ vocals from the demo or not?

If the vocals are the same, do you think that MJ & Freddie did that mix at MJ's studio in 1983 for demo purposes or is it made by Queen in the last few years?

Or you believe that MJ & Freddie actually traded vocal lines in the studio together?

I don't know, and I don't care really as long as he fix it. And he said that he will. But if Roger and Brian admitted they never heard the song outside of the studio, then I think the same goes for William Orbit. Or maybe "Is a technical thing" means something else. But it is technical, nothing to do with his skills as a producer or his professionalism (in my opinion).

Unless "technical issue" means, "The cat jumped up on the desk and knocked a slider down" then in this instance, it is down to Orbit's judgement of the mix. He has a few tracks under his belt, and I am in no doubt sure he is capable of creating a great mix, but he is mostly known for remixing others work, I am wondering if basically re-creating a track, plus creating a duet that never happened might of thrown him off a bit? Either way, would sound great once the issue is sorted.

Didn't Orbit make a twitter post some months ago about driving through Las Vegas and listening to his own mix? It seems he heard the song in a non-studio environment but decided the mix was good enough.

Didn't Orbit make a twitter post some months ago about driving through Las Vegas and listening to his own mix? It seems he heard the song in a non-studio environment but decided the mix was good enough.

Maybe he was so used to hearing it, he really needed a second pair of ears around him.

I agree. How is it a good excuse for Orbit that he did not listen to the song outside of the studio? THAT is amateurism in itself! Imagine if MJ had not listened to the mixing of Thriller before releasing it.

:yes:

Orbit sure ain't gonna make a Thriller anytime soon (nor he did in the past):bored2:

260brdd.jpg

(nor anybody, ever...-_-)

Found them.
In January 2014 he posted:

"great news about TMBMTLTT, will share more later today"
"Have to tell you all, TMBMTLTT was one of the most soul-stirring things I ever worked on"
"no finer thing in life than driving round Vegas with soaring Brian guitar and epic Freddie and Michael voices blasting!"

I can't find the song anywhere to listen to! Ha ha! Can anyone share a link?

Dont forget this is a radio rip that's online atm. Radio recordings/streamings always make a song sound so different. The acoustics are all over the place.
Think back to premiers of YRMW, One more chance - I remember the radio rips of those songs were pretty bad when they surfaced online. CD versions were like the songs had been polished to perfection.

They played the song on Croatian radio Rijeka and announced the new Queen album.

Too bad TMBMTLTT is on available if you buy the entire album...

Even though I really like Queen a lot, I will not buy the entire album just to get TMBMTLTT... :(

Hope they will make the song a single or something like that so I can get it.

Back