MJ and his LONG hair?

SkyWalk

Proud Member
Michael Jackson had quite a few hair style's over the years, but the long hair look is MJ's main style he had.

Now I dont think anyone asked him why he chose to have long hair, so I wonder why he went for this look after the Thriller era and it stayed ever since (ok, yeah he cut it short when the History era started but then he grew it back long!!!)

Not that I have any probs with his long hair look at all - that identfies MJ the most, but just wounderd why he liked it and if he was just going for the Rock'n'Roll kinda look....?

maybe because the long hair look is associated with unbridled genius in creativity. a rebellion against the conformist keep your hair in a box style.

From the album "Bad", Michael changed his musical style for a little more rock'n'roll: Dirty Diana, Come together and "Bad" required a visual rebel. So why not change your hair? The artist always reinvent, change, transform and so it was with Michael every album. This is necessary for the artist.

I read somewhere that during the Bad Tour, MJs hair had grown out some and he decided to just let it grow some. And, he liked it and let it grow longer. He got a lot of positive feedback from his fans and everyone about the length and style of his hair (the wow factor was good), so he left it long.

I read somewhere that during the Bad Tour, MJs hair had grown out some and he decided to just let it grow some. And, he liked it and let it grow longer. He got a lot of positive feedback from his fans and everyone about the length and style of his hair (the wow factor was good), so he left it long.
The famous curls. lol! :wub: Well, Michael is well and beautiful with any hair style.

going for the Rock'n'Roll kinda look....?

i guess rock n roll.....
anytime i watch Prince in Purple Rain...i always think of how Michael's later longer hair in the Bad era looked similar to earlier Prince a bit in the Bad video and album cover (with the curls matted to the head and some curl in front and some eyeliner). yea they both did not look exactly the same, but something was similar.......
i wonder if Prince was having a competition with rock n roller Little Richard with hair/liner and michael was having a competition with Prince with hair/liner for a moment when he was growing his hair. LMAO they both kinda did this little richardish thing. and then michael went his own way with hair as the Bad era went on. but i wonder where the idea came from. hmmmm hmmmm i may be the only one thinking this though.:p

he looked in the mirror and was all like..

"dayumm... I look mighty sexy as fawk with long hair"

so he kept it.

true story. I should know, I was watchin'.

:lmao:......agree..:).....he is hot with that long hair....drool!!!

he looked in the mirror and was all like..

"dayumm... I look mighty sexy as fawk with long hair"

so he kept it.

true story. I should know, I was watchin'.

lol! You speak the truth! hahah.

Michael's hair is gorgeous. Gah, he's gorgeous. :wub:

Interesting, I always wonder why he has long hair, I guess it suits him most :D

I love all of Michaels hair styles! I always thought the short messy look in Invincible years was HOT!

24uztzc.jpg

But my favourite is the long curly pony tail style... mmm

Ya, I really loved his style no matter what he had...Except for the wig around 2003 I believe, with the flipped ends...Not a fan...lol....I love his long curly hair the best, but I also really liked it at the 1995 MTV awards....That short, curly look...When he was accepting the award for Best Dance Video for Scream....That whole look reminded me of around the Thriller days....With his short, curly hair, and sunglasses...He looked exactly the same...except, well, white skin.....I loved that look!!

Ya, I really loved his style no matter what he had...Except for the wig around 2003 I believe, with the flipped ends...Not a fan...lol....I love his long curly hair the best, but I also really liked it at the 1995 MTV awards....That short, curly look...When he was accepting the award for Best Dance Video for Scream....That whole look reminded me of around the Thriller days....With his short, curly hair, and sunglasses...He looked exactly the same...except, well, white skin.....I loved that look!!

Quick question, was he wearing extensions in the HIStory tour? I ask this because at the VMA's which took place on September 7th, 1995 he had the short hair and one year later on September 7th 1996 he started the HIStory tour with the long hair. I don't know a lot about hair but can it grow to that length in a year's time or was it hair extensions?

my cousin said he wasn't a rock star (mind my cousin is only 8) he says because he wears Sunnies he is "Hip" lol

But i love Michael with long hair he looked his sexiest with his hair down to his shoulders or longer.

Quick question, was he wearing extensions in the HIStory tour? I ask this because at the VMA's which took place on September 7th, 1995 he had the short hair and one year later on September 7th 1996 he started the HIStory tour with the long hair. I don't know a lot about hair but can it grow to that length in a year's time or was it hair extensions?

Probably just extensions...I think Michael always had wigs and then sometimes didn't wear them...Always changin' it up...

Back