MJ albums ReMastered versions

Dorian

Smooth Criminal
Just wondering.Are the songs on the TII "more remastered" than the special edition from 2001?

I've read somewhere that they were remastered again, but anyway, remastering usually does no good. Listen to the Japanese issues of his albums from the 80's. The quality is outstanding compared to the recently remastered special editions and compilations. Unfortunately everyone wants to make music louder and it has its consequences in quality.

Lol i was looking thorugh my old threads and saw this one.Thanks everybody!
Any more opinions?

They're definitely remastered, but for the worst. They've squashed all of the dynamics and sucked a lot of the life out of the songs. I only listen to that CD to hear TII. The best MJ remasters are the 2001 reissues. The original versions are the best sounding though.

I'd love to hear the Japanese pressings of his albums since Japan gets great mastering for some reason

You mean the Japan original pressings?:)

I've compared Billie Jean from both the Thriller Special Edition CD and the This Is It CD on Audacity and the wave forms do look different.

I'd have to agree that the original vinyl versions are probably the best sounding.

I've compared Billie Jean from both the Thriller Special Edition CD and the This Is It CD on Audacity and the wave forms do look different.

I'd have to agree that the original vinyl versions are probably the best sounding.

Vinyl is better quality than CD, that would probably explain it.

Back