MJ albums on HDtracks

rsggamer123

Proud Member
So I've just downloaded the xscape album in hdtracks and wow it sounds amazing! Everything sounds so clear and even the smallest mixing errors on album version have been corrected (for example the "smiled" error in Chicago). I seriously urge everybody to download the hdtracks version of the album.

What I would like to know is just how the hdtracks work? I mean how do they convert the mixes into such a high quality? Also are they official?

Would be absolutely incredible to hear everything in mjs back catalog in hd. Is it possible to request an album to be converted into hd? I was thinking how amazing it would be to have songs from the ultimate collection in hd (we've had enough, sunset driver, etc)

So I've just downloaded the xscape album in hdtracks and wow it sounds amazing! Everything sounds so clear and even the smallest mixing errors on album version have been corrected (for example the "smiled" error in Chicago). I seriously urge everybody to download the hdtracks version of the album.

What I would like to know is just how the hdtracks work? I mean how do they convert the mixes into such a high quality? Also are they official?

Would be absolutely incredible to hear everything in mjs back catalog in hd. Is it possible to request an album to be converted into hd? I was thinking how amazing it would be to have songs from the ultimate collection in hd (we've had enough, sunset driver, etc)

Nothing is converted, and HD Audio doesn't exist! it is simply High Resolution taken from the original studio masters. Of course they should be licensed in advance and i imagine that they needed to acquire the Mixed multi-tracks from Sony Music! all of Michael's albums, vocal recording's & instrumentals exist on Multi tracks including unreleased song's! i would love to hear unedited versions of all albums, i hope they are soon coming on High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray Discs.

thanks for that Zakk. I know next to nothing about music mixing and the sorts as u can tell. So do u think its possible one day we will get all of his back catalog in this quality?

Nothing is converted, and HD Audio doesn't exist! it is simply High Resolution taken from the original studio masters. Of course they should be licensed in advance and i imagine that they needed to acquire the Mixed multi-tracks from Sony Music! all of Michael's albums, vocal recording's & instrumentals exist on Multi tracks including unreleased song's! i would love to hear unedited versions of all albums, i hope they are soon coming on High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray Discs.

They most certainly are licensed in advance and they (HDTracks) wouldn't have access to any multitracks. I have a good feeling that Sony would just provide them with the files in the specified format.

thanks for that Zakk. I know next to nothing about music mixing and the sorts as u can tell. So do u think its possible one day we will get all of his back catalog in this quality?

Sure, I don't see why not. No idea when though, we just have to wait for a format that actually takes off. Blu-ray audio isn't there yet, but it's picked up a lil tiny bit.

You can be almost certain Thriller will be the first release in whatever format they decide though!

:)

To think the albums have already been mixed in 5.1, would love to hear these. Might check out XSCAPE actually.

Back