mj 60 mintues interview 1986

billyworld99

Proud Member
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NXZQvDUjBx8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NXZQvDUjBx8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

In 1:07.... :wild: :wild: :wild: I never saw it! :doh:

Is there a complete video of this performance in good quality and someone knows more about it?

I never seen that either! Most likely it's an impersonator! Hard to tell in that quality! I usually good at telling MJ from the fakes but this one moves really good! lol But, the people on stage with him makes me believe it's an impersonator a very good one!

Oh and I love the quote in the interview when MJ says "I like to be grinded a lot! *__* = D lol

;)

Thanks Billyworld. Wow, never knew MJ was on 60 mins back in the day. Always thought his first and only appearance on 60 mins was during the 2005 allegations.

I never seen that either! Most likely it's an impersonator! Hard to tell in that quality! I usually good at telling MJ from the fakes but this one moves really good! lol But, the people on stage with him makes me believe it's an impersonator a very good one!

Oh and I love the quote in the interview when MJ says "I like to be grinded a lot! *__* = D lol

;)

The interviewer is the late ED BRADLEY,who also interviewed MJ during the 2005 allegations for 60 mins.

In 1:07.... :wild: :wild: :wild: I never saw it! :doh:

Is there a complete video of this performance in good quality and someone knows more about it?

;)
I think it's real, I remember recently reading about him performing at some festival around 1983.

The interviewer is the late ED BRADLEY,who also interviewed MJ during the 2005 allegations for 60 mins.

lol I know who Ed Bradley is I seen 60mins before when he was alive and when MJ got interviewed in 05! I also recently saw the 1986 clip of MJ on 60 mins in 86 on youtube a while back!

What I was talking about never seeing was the clip of what looks like MJ performing at 1:06min which is shown after the 60min short interview!

That is Michael being interviewed. I've had this interview on DVD for quite a few years.

Michael never did a lot of interviews, but he has done more interviews than fans think. When you think you've seen every interview Michael has ever done in the 1980's and 90's, something will pop up and surprise fans. I think this interview was about Qunicy Jones, and Michael really doing the interview as favor for Quincy by saying how great he thinks Quincy is etc.

In my opinion, no impersonator could dance so well and with as much energy as Michael. I think it's really Michael. :thinking:

I think it's real, I remember recently reading about him performing at some festival around 1983.
Thanks! Should have more details about this somewhere! :wild:

it's not an impersonator i can tell for sure that is mj during a festival (i don't remember the name) singing "it's the falling in love" from off the wall album! (i have an old vhs tape with this in a old box at my mother's home)

Okay cool! There is a pic online of MJ wearing that outfit! That exact jacket! So I know now it was him and the way he moved like I said was to good, so it was definitely mike! :)

That was a very rare performance he gave I wish we could find a long and more clear version!

it's not an impersonator i can tell for sure that is mj during a festival (i don't remember the name) singing "it's the falling in love" from off the wall album! (i have an old vhs tape with this in a old box at my mother's home)

That would be really cool if that is THE footage where he performs that song. Maybe it will see the light of day some day.

That is Michael being interviewed. I've had this interview on DVD for quite a few years.

Michael never did a lot of interviews, but he has done more interviews than fans think. When you think you've seen every interview Michael has ever done in the 1980's and 90's, something will pop up and surprise fans. I think this interview was about Qunicy Jones, and Michael really doing the interview as favor for Quincy by saying how great he thinks Quincy is etc.

Do you have additional footage of this? Can you post it?

Buddy you must have an amazing collection:yes:

Do you have additional footage of this? Can you post it?

Buddy you must have an amazing collection:yes:

I don't have additional footage of that 60min interview. As far as I'm aware that is the full interview with Michael ?. I think it's from a piece mainly focused on Quincy Jones.

The footage posted on this thread, looks a bit fake. Because that footage with Michael performing at a 1982 music festival looks like it has been added on from footage that is part of an interview Michael gave in 1983. The over dub of Hot Street also seems like it has been added on by a fan to make the footage seem more exclusive than it is. It also appears to be very badly edited on the to interview. I doubt Michael would have allowed Hot Street to have been used as music in an interview. That song is still officially classified as unreleased has never had and official release, or to my knowledge ever been used on television.

I did find it strange that this interview was classified as 1986, when it's actually from 1984. Also the footage of Michael at the 1982 festival was used in an Entertainment Tonight interview from 1983. It first appeared on YouTube about sometime in 2008. I remember some fan posted a link for it here on MJJC (which is how I became aware of it), and we were all wondering what Michael was singing and shocked that none of us knew about that performance. I remember posting a comment saying, that when you think you know everything Michael has ever done, something new and unexpected pops up.

A video fan site called Jetzi-MJ Video has amazing footage of Michael (it's were I bought the footage of this interview from). I've bought some amazing rare footage from Jezti since around 1995. I also have a lot of my own recordings from the mid 1980's to 2009.

Here is the actual real footage of the 60 Mintues interview from 1984.

Last edited:
I don't have additional footage of that 60min interview. As far as I'm aware that is the full interview with Michael ?. I think it's from a piece mainly focused on Quincy Jones.

The footage posted on this thread, looks a bit fake. Because that footage with Michael performing at a 1982 music festival looks like it has been added on from footage that is part of an interview Michael gave in 1983. The over dub of Hot Street also seems like it has been added on by a fan to make the footage seem more exclusive than it is. It also appears to be very badly edited on the to interview. I doubt Michael would have allowed Hot Street to have been used as music in an interview. That song is still officially classified as unreleased has never had and official release, or to my knowledge ever been used on television.

I did find it strange that this interview was classified as 1986, when it's actually from 1984. Also the footage of Michael at the 1982 festival was used in an Entertainment Tonight interview from 1983. It first appeared on YouTube about sometime in 2008. I remember some fan posted a link for it here on MJJC (which is how I became aware of it), and we were all wondering what Michael was singing and shocked that none of us knew about that performance. I remember posting a comment saying, that when you think you know everything Michael has ever done, something new and unexpected pops up.

A video fan site called Jetzi (www.jetzi.com) sells amazing footage of Michael (it's were I got the footage of this interview from). I've bought some amazing rare footage from Jezti since around 1995.

Here is the actual real footage of the 60 Mintues interview from 1984.

&ampnbsp
&ampnbsp
:eek:

Thanks! :) So this is the real video of the interview. But exists on youtube the continuation of this interview? The full interview?

I seen this last year. There used to be a longer video though. Thanks for posting. :)

That was on the "Budweiser Superfest" at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena (L.A.), on August 1, 1982. he performed "It's the falling in Love"

Last edited:
Back