Mixes of the songs on Invincible

limmepie

Proud Member
Hi,

I love most of the invincible vocals. However, some songs and especially the chorusses sometimes just overstay their welcome (almost all Darkchild songs, Break of Dawn and Butterflies). What annoys me more are some gimmickey sound effects such as the grinding stones in Threatened, and the worst offender is the snapping camere sounds in Privacy. Do you people know any cool remixes out there that more amplify the vocals, the instrumental melody, and the bass especially. Threatened in This is it rehearsals for example sounds so much better.

Do you all know any good mixes, maybe on youtube, that would fit my requirements? Especially for the more up-tempo songs:
Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Butterflies (more unplugged like and shorter, I think the bridge and outro lack MJ vocals so that could be skipped)
Break of Dawn
Privacy
Threatened

I am in drought of some new angles of the old greats. Make them fresh again and rekindle my love for them.

It's a good point. Of all the MJ albums, this one is screaming out the most for remixes.

As things are, all the songs sound the same, with the same genre. I'd love some that were slower and some that were faster.

A couple more singles and we would have got exactly that. Imagine 4 remixes of Unbreakable!

Last edited:
I think the album was mixed busy to hide the weaker vocals on some of the songs.
His voice sounds strained/shot on several of the tracks and layering doesn't appear to have been an emphasis, at least in the verses.
Maybe it was difficult because of the rawness. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't on purpose to piss off the record company, or the record company released unfinished tracks due to time constraints. I can see Michael postponing recording stuff for months. His voice might not have been co-operating. To hide these imperfections, distractions like you talk about were probably incorporated. That said, I don't have a problem with them. Some of the tracks on this album are superb sonically. But I do hate all but one of the slow tracks. They are incredibly weak and generic. But I do find myself revisiting this album more than the rest simply because I'm intrigued by what it could have been with some song substitutions. I really wish they'd revisit it for some sort of deluxe edition.

Michael Jackson sounds different on certain songs of the 'Invincible' album, and the main culprit for that is his nose and nostrils.

His nostrils, which are the breathing holes in the nose, became smaller at that time (due to certain cosmetic plastic surgeries on that area).

This did affect the way he sings on certain songs of the album because he found it more difficult to sing and breathe at the same time.

Ooph, the mixing of the vocals in general is just bad. Guess you can't polish a turd.

The time between the lyrics, especially in the chorus, makes the whole thing just very slow to listen to. Preferably one would erase the "yeah yeah"'s alltogether from the chorus. I guess you cannot do this however, since you get problems with mixing the addlibs without the raw vocals.

This one is much better. The vocals actually stand out much better. The pre chorus and the bridge are magic. Could have gone without the rap bit, but yeah, this is nice to listen too. Instrumentally a bit overcrowded sometimes. Love the bass!

Michael Jackson sounds different on certain songs of the 'Invincible' album, and the main culprit for that is his nose and nostrils.

His nostrils, which are the breathing holes in the nose, became smaller at that time (due to certain cosmetic plastic surgeries on that area).

This did affect the way he sings on certain songs of the album because he found it more difficult to sing and breathe at the same time.
I never thought about that, but it does.make sense. He even spoke very nasal around this time. During 'this is it" his singing and speaking voice seemed back normal.

I also do suspect scarring from lungs caused by lupus could also have had an effect?

Back