Mister Lonely

Gottobethere

Proud Member
I just finished watching Mister Lonely and i was wondering if many people here have seen it. It is about a Michael Jackson impersonator but it is one of the weirdest films I've ever seen.

Oh, i heard of it, it was made BEFORE Michael's passing, by director Harmony Korine, who directed "Kids" in 1995, Korine is known for beeing "weird" in what he directs.

is it good???? have you seen it???

^^ I just finished watching it online, i don't know what to make of it, i only found out about it yesterday and thought i have to see it but now i'm thinking there was obviously meant to be some meaning behind it but i just didn't get it.

hmmm interesting, i haven't heard about this before.

^^ I just finished watching it online, i don't know what to make of it, i only found out about it yesterday and thought i have to see it but now i'm thinking there was obviously meant to be some meaning behind it but i just didn't get it.
do you have a link????

Actually I remember I was after this movie, but then all of the sudden Michael Jackson died and i guess completely forgot about this movie, THANKS for the reminder, really, i got to see this one.

Michael's dead affected mein such a way, this is how much it affected me, i forgot many things.

i remember the actor saying it was about a frustrated impersonator... a fan, that the Michael Jackson impersonator fell in love with Marilyn Monroe's impersonator and that Shirley Temple was like the daughter. It talked about the lonliness of the impersonator, who cant seem to find his place in this world.

I cant believe how i forgot about this movie... wow

But how is it from 2007, i think its from late 2008, well i dont remember now.

I think it was made in 2007 and released in 2008, yeah you pretty much summed up the basis for the story but i doesn't really end up going anywhere, let me know what you think when you have watched it.

yeah i'm pretty sure that it did.. I remember red carpet pics. not in america,i don't think. this has been a long time ago. also then of course a dvd release yea i've seen it.

Oh, i heard of it, it was made BEFORE Michael's passing, by director Harmony Korine, who directed "Kids" in 1995, Korine is known for beeing "weird" in what he directs.

is it good???? have you seen it???

I haaaaaaate that movie! It's my husbands favorite movie, but ugh...I get mad at the end

^^^ many people dont like im sure.

Personally i just saw it, i think its very good, i really do, it was kinda funny at the first part with the Michael impersonator singing to the old people :lol:, i was laughing hysterically (not in bad way, it was hilarious), then it was kinda sad too, it was a mix of things, the first part was the best, the middle kinda decayed but the final well, pretty well, the beggining was the best part for me.

Samantha Morton did very well... very very well.

I liked it, it was really funny and touching and profound all at the same time, i enjoyed it.

Last edited:
^^^ many people dont like im sure.

Personally i just saw it, i think its very good, i really do, it was kinda funny at the first part with the Michael impersonator singing to the old people :lol:, i was laughing hysterically (not in bad way, it was hilarious), then it was kinda sad too, it was a mix of things, the first part was the best, the middle kinda decayed but the final well, pretty well, the beggining was the best part for me.

Samantha Morton did very well... very very well.

I liked it, it was really funny and touching and profound all at the same time, i enjoyed it.

The bit in the nursing home was very funny alright and the nurses jumping from the plane and their habits acting as squirrel suits.

To the ones who have not seen this, IS NOT NEGATIVE and is about an Impersonator not Michael himself even though ones gets confused (at times) cause Michael was kinda like that, you know kinda quiet sometimes, i think this movie is adorable, really, and funny :lol: it is funny at some point, even though is sad at the end :( It was done BEFORE Michael passed away

Really??, what was his/her role in the project??

He is a friend of as well as worked w/ Harmony Korine in past projects and wrote for his website at one point. he did promotion of the film. it was really indie when it came out. I just checked my friend 'myspace' blog because he had a lot of pictures from when it released,but they are gone now he just has basics up on there for his work. He hardly uses myspace for production or networking outlets now,I'll check his offical site. Funny how this project was posted I had thought about it last year and wondered if anyone from here had ever even heard of it.

This is the most wierd and strange movie I've ever watched.Didn't get a point of it at the end.

He is a friend of as well as worked w/ Harmony Korine in past projects and wrote for his website at one point. he did promotion of the film. it was really indie when it came out. I just checked my friend 'myspace' blog because he had a lot of pictures from when it released,but they are gone now he just has basics up on there for his work. He hardly uses myspace for production or networking outlets now,I'll check his offical site. Funny how this project was posted I had thought about it last year and wondered if anyone from here had ever even heard of it.
Wow, you're friend is cool, he knows Harmony Korine... and was part of this project, you are lucky.

I was so after this project, its funny, sad its all at the same time and i that imperonator is like one of those impersonator that you say, OH GOD, he knows nothing about Michael, but they always make me smile, because they try and they really think are good :p , thats innocence there

Wow, you're friend is cool, he knows Harmony Korine... and was part of this project, you are lucky.

I was so after this project, its funny, sad its all at the same time and i that imperonator is like one of those impersonator that you say, OH GOD, he knows nothing about Michael, but they always make me smile, because they try and they really think are good :p , thats innocence there

What was going on with the nuns, i didn't get that.

yea,I know! lol. yep he does know Harmony.. yea the film really isn't about michael not in that way... there's marylin monroe etc.. I always say it's just 'one of those "Harmony Korine Projects" lol. It's just a 'different' movie. Kind of cool you know about the film.

here's something from harmonys site
"December 10, 2003
There is a new interview with Korine on The Guardian website (Danger, Man At Work). Thanks to Chris Lusher. Last September, The Guardian spoke to Korine for the article here ("The Odd Couple"), an article about his involvement with Above the Below. Korine's father, Sol, it seems, later wrote to The Guardian to say, "After hundreds of articles on the David Blaine event someone finally got it right! Thanks."
HARMONY-KORINE.COM

Here's his strange art RIP to Michael But it's his way of mourning Michael Jackson which my friend 'chris is a huge MJ fan' has pictures of flowers & superman flipflops things like that.
http://cdlusher.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/mister-lonely-rip/

Last edited:
What was going on with the nuns, i didn't get that.
hahahaha, only Harmony Korine may know that or some lovers of the entire Harmony Korine work, i think everyone makes a different point there. Mine i still dont get it, im like you :lol: there must be a significance there but me, I, well i didnt get that either, the nuns part kinda bored me :lol:

Back